Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
held up very well, it want take long to fix yours as body parts are easy to get, air bags, seat covers, head liner and suspension parts 8 weeks plus out.
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Roadkill skunks are the worst.
:(
Agreed. We have had a population explosion of the stinky little devils in our area over the last couple of years. You about can't drive a couple of miles in any direction and not see a roadkill skunk on the road. (And smell of course)

For the OP, hang in there. Looks like it can be fixed. Just the inconvenience and out of pocket deductible of course. I try to take my "blow off some steam" drives at times when they aren't as active. Good luck. :)

lawprofs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible Magnetic
Sorry about the damage, but it could have been worse. I hit a deer going 70 in my VW Touareg TDI a couple years ago. Cost $27,000 to repair and took several months to get parts from Germany. What a pain!

nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium PP
OP, bad luck, hope the fix is easy. Consider adding a deer whistle. They've been demonstrated to have a statistically significant effect and they're $5-$15. I have two sitting in my glovebox, been meaning to put them on...

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
OP, bad luck, hope the fix is easy. Consider adding a deer whistle. They've been demonstrated to have a statistically significant effect and they're $5-$15. I have two sitting in my glovebox, been meaning to put them on...
I've seen studies where they have proven to be equally as worthless. Keep them in your glovebox or better yet sell them. ;)

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
yes they make most deer stop and raise their ears/head and look around giving you extra seconds to see them.

I've seen studies where they have proven to be equally as worthless. Keep them in your glovebox or better yet sell them. ;)
try them and see other comment, numbers are lies and liars are numbers. A study lol

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I brake hard and start turning left (in hopes he will sprint full speed across the lanes, so I will be turning where he won't be). Of course the dumb bastard deer decides to have a change of heart, and tries to turn around.
When in doubt, gas it out.

Something similar happened to me a few years back. Dear crossing right to left at night. I turn to the right, dear turns back, I floored it and beat it to the spot. As I was crossing its path, I looked left and its head was literally on the outside of my front window. I thought it was going to collide with the back of the car but somehow didn't.

Dear vs car is nothing. I have had dears cross in front of me on the bike trail while I am going 25+ mph. A collision there will be very painful at best. I'll take a damaged bumper instead any day of the week.

OP
OP
oyitsagreen

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
When in doubt, gas it out.

Something similar happened to me a few years back. Dear crossing right to left at night. I turn to the right, dear turns back, I floored it and beat it to the spot. As I was crossing its path, I looked left and its head was literally on the outside of my front window. I thought it was going to collide with the back of the car but somehow didn't.

Dear vs car is nothing. I have had dears cross in front of me on the bike trail while I am going 25+ mph. A collision there will be very painful at best. I'll take a damaged bumper instead any day of the week.
Hah oh man. I can definitely see where you are coming from. I couldn't imagine the same situation on a mountain bike trail. I would probably lay the bike down due to panic...

Greg15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Deer... sometimes I think they are the dumbest creatures on the planet. After the first deer got destroyed the next one must have been thinking "Hey that looks like fun!"
A friend of mine had a deer run full speed into the side of his stopped van. Makes me wonder how they survive. Do they run into rocks and trees and stuff too?

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
A friend of mine had a deer run full speed into the side of his stopped van. Makes me wonder how they survive. Do they run into rocks and trees and stuff too?

Reminds me of Ron white. "I killed one. With my van. At 55 mph. With lights on and horn blowing. Elusive critter aren't they.

Seriously does make me wonder why there's even a hunting supply industry in my area. I damn near have to shoot them out of self defense in my garden when the peas start coming in

Sponsored

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT, 03 F150
Deer are assassins...I T-boned one in the mountains of British Columbia doing around 55 mph on a motorcycle. Didn't have a chance. Long story short, spent 2 months in the hospital, 2 months recovering (4 months total out of work), and a year learning how to walk again. On that same stretch of road, the same day, a lady is driving a Suburban. Pickup truck hits deer going the other way. Deer flies through front window of Suburban, kills lady. You can never predict those buggers.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Deer... sometimes I think they are the dumbest creatures on the planet.
Until you are hunting them. Then they become one of the smartest, most wary critters in the woods.

Makes no sense.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
If mountain lions and wolves had learned to drive cars and trucks a million years ago, I bet deer would have evolved a more motorized traffic sense.

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
I've almost lost count how many deer I've hit over the years. It happens so fast, you barely have time to react.

Here's a product that I've used in the past that supposedly helps. The Hornet Deer Whistle. I have this on my trike. Does it work? Well, so far I haven't hit any deer. Who knows for sure, but at least it's some form of avoidance insurance.

http://www.xp3hornet.com/

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I was expecting to see the front of the car destroyed.
Sponsored