IanKar

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
Fast lap of the day. Still some room for improvement for sure, based on seeing the lap times posted by others and the feedback from the Garmin.

That looks like a pretty decent time. I'm going to figure out how to do this track next year.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
That looks like a pretty decent time. I'm going to figure out how to do this track next year.
Compared to the times listed on the S550 track list here, it’s about 2 sec off the pace…..I was happy for my first time driving the track, but know I’m losing time in a couple places.

If you do come down next year, let me know in advance and I’ll se if I can make it work to run with you.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
See video below, my first time ever at a Track. I look like a turtle compared to all of you experienced folks but it honestly feels so much faster in person. LOL

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
See video below, my first time ever at a Track. I look like a turtle compared to all of you experienced folks but it honestly feels so much faster in person. LOL

Cool looking track. The flat technical turns makes it look a little tricky in spots for sure. Looks like a blast.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IanKar

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Compared to the times listed on the S550 track list here, it’s about 2 sec off the pace…..I was happy for my first time driving the track, but know I’m losing time in a couple places.

If you do come down next year, let me know in advance and I’ll se if I can make it work to run with you.
Absolutely.

OP
OP
IanKar

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)

Well you stayed with the group. It's amazing how a video makes you look like you are driving Miss Daisy. The Garmin video of ours doesn't give justice to the 'chaos' in the car. I was told that it's the position of the camera. The higher up, the more relaxed and slow the drive looks. The more lower down, the faster it looks.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Yes sir. It actually snaps in so firmly it’s difficult to remove. I was worried about it hurting the dash, but ProClip has been selling this clip a long time and I can’t find any posts mentioning scratched or damaged trim, so figured I’d give it a shot.

https://www.proclipusa.com/products/855096-proclip-center-mount-ford-mustang-2015-20xx
Just a question about ProClip. I got one (found out it is actually made in Sweden, so something I could get "locally" :)) and noticed in the instructions that the clip is not meant for carbon fiber dash and B&O stereo.

Do any of you guys have B&O stereo and did you experience any difficulties with it? I noticed that in my Mach 1 (with B&O) the upper catch of the clip goes into a gap between the speaker and the dash trim, both seem to be of a hard material, so they cannot really accommodate the clip.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Just a question about ProClip. I got one (found out it is actually made in Sweden, so something I could get "locally" :)) and noticed in the instructions that the clip is not meant for carbon fiber dash and B&O stereo.

Do any of you guys have B&O stereo and did you experience any difficulties with it? I noticed that in my Mach 1 (with B&O) the upper catch of the clip goes into a gap between the speaker and the dash trim, both seem to be of a hard material, so they cannot really accommodate the clip.
I have the B&O and it works fine. It’s very difficult to get off, but clips in just fine. (Takes s little bit of effort but so far have been able to take it on and off without issue.)

IMG_8355.jpeg

M1N

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach1
I tracked the Mach1 HP 10 spd for the first time at spring mountain raceway last weekend! I started in the intermediate group, got comfortable with the car, then moved up to the advanced. It was my first time tracking with an auto and was fast and performed flawlessly. A difference but awesome experience! The car handled great! I took out about 100 pounds out of the car, adjusted the camber, and ran the Cup2’s. Looking forward to Willow Springs at the end of the month!

C2AB8280-B81C-4EAE-927B-23F1813375AB.png

Sponsored

cjatrains

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I just got back from Lime Rock Park in CT (Friday 11/3/23). Had my best track day since I started going back in 2020. This was my 5th track day in the 22 Mach 1. Two of the five were on rainy days, which honestly wasn't terrible as I got the opportunity to experience the car skidding and rotating at much lower speeds and it forces one to work on being smooth with the inputs.

Anyway, just ran my personal best times at LRP all day long with a fastest lap of 1:03 flat. A respectable time for a 65 yr. senior.

Car is essentially stock, A10, Recaro's, Mach 1 Handling Package, MP concepts GT500 replica hood to improve cooling and downforce. Resonator removed and replaced with Magna-Flow Resonated Tru X pipe.

Replaced my front Cup 2's (corded), with Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar 3 TW200 tires. PFC V3 2 piece rotors, EBC SR11 pads up front, GLOC r18 out back. The biggest change before last Friday's session, was that I installed 70A durometer spring rubbers from RE Suspension, up front. I wanted to test stiffer front springs before installing the Shelby GT350R springs I purchased off a local guy...
May not be for everyone, (stiffer front spring rate), but for me the difference was very significant, stiffer front springs, stopped the diving in the brake zones, made the car more stable at turn in, mid corner, and reduced over steer on trail braking and corner exit.
A really great way to close out the 2023 year. Now I am psyched to go to Watkins Glen and Lime Rock next season. Here's two not too long videos from RaceChrono Pro, Racemini GPS and the iphone 12 promax video.

M1N

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach1
Great video and driving for a senior cjatrains! I’m right there with you at 67! I was out at Willow Springs last weekend with the Mach1 for the first time and really enjoyed it. I also have the HP with the A10 and love it. A 350 Track Attack car and I were playing around the track. I pointed him by for a couple laps and then he pointed me by. He could barely pull me in the straightaways but I was on him when it came to braking and handling. My 17-year-old grandson was in the car with me and really enjoy the competition. He also rode with me last year in the 350R. The A10 up shifts and down shifts very quickly and holds the gear around the corners. The only drawback I think is seventh gear is too tall. I tried to edit some phone videos and attach them but no luck.

1A08C92E-8BDD-488C-AD5B-72D3A6D88A35.jpeg
C1261B79-1160-41C0-B250-A3C4C4CAE523.jpeg

Last edited:

cjatrains

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Hey Nick, thanks. Yes I am really glad I got the A10. I had an A8 in my C7 Z51 Corvette that I purchased back in 2020 and took to the track immediately. In 2021, I started teaching myself to brake with my left foot and got it calibrated in 1/2 dozen track days. The first two times trying on track was "different" and a little tense doing it live on track, but then I picked it up pretty quick.

I can drive much smoother and achieve instant and repeatable transitions from throttle to braking. The Corvette had the PDR and the software from Cosworth "Toolbox" was graphical proof that I was losing no time going from full throttle to brake pedal application....

Your car looks great, I have FJG too, but picked up a MP Concepts GT500 hood that was already painted Metallic Gray.... It'll get repainted one of these days.

M1N

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach1
The transmission is so good I do not use the paddle shifters on the track. From 6th to 7th gear it automatically shifted at around 7200 RPMs then drops the RPMs down to about 5500. Even if you used the paddle shifters it would still drop the RPMs. That is the only issue I have with the transmission. Shorter straights it would not be as much of an issue.
Sponsored