danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Has anyone done the second day?

$1,695 is a meaningful amount to spend …..

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Has anyone done the second day?

$1,695 is a meaningful amount to spend …..
In May I did the both days of the regular FPRS. Day 1 is on the road course inside the Nascar oval. Day 2 you get on the Roval (combination road course and parts of the Nascar oval). I paid for that myself, not knowing Ford was going to offer the Mach1 Track Attack. It was worth it and I will do both days again, even thought day 2 appears not to be in the Mach 1s.

And here's the link to my video from the open track session on Day 1. I'm looking for a good one from Day 2. Video of Ford Performance Racing School Day 1 Open Track on the Infield Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway

Last edited:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I called Ford Performance and they returned my call a couple of hours later. There are several dates. If you do 2 days, the second day is $1,795.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
In May I did the both days of the regular FPRS. Day 1 is on the road course inside the Nascar oval. Day 2 you get on the Roval (combination road course and parts of the Nascar oval). I paid for that myself, not knowing Ford was going to offer the Mach1 Track Attack. It was worth it and I will do both days again, even thought day 2 appears not to be in the Mach 1s.

And here's the link to my video from the open track session on Day 1. I'm looking for a good one from Day 2. Video of Ford Performance Racing School Day 1 Open Track on the Infield Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway
That Day 1 Video track looks way too small and tame, no?

Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I've driven a Lambo on a small auto cross track and a Nascar at Pocono Racway and while its a hoot to get the Nascar up to 160mph on the straightaway it's more fun to dive into the twisty turns on an auto cross type track. I'd like to see what the Mach can do on a curvy track. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The engine numbers for the M1 and the Bullitt are the same, overall gearing a bit better on the M1. I can say I had my Bullitt up to 147 on a remote road with no homes or driveways a couple years ago. No problem still pulling at that speed.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
It is smaller than many road courses but still a blast as it pushes your car handling skills. If you do Day 2, you get on the Roval with one HAIRPIN, one CHICANE, and the chance for most drivers to reach over 100 (over 120 for me), it's plenty big.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I've driven a Lambo a small auto cross track and a Nascar at Pocono Racway and while its a hoot to get the Nascar up to 160mph on the straightaway it's more fun to dive into the twisty turns on an auto cross type track. I'd like to see what the Mach can do on a curvy track. Just my opinion.
I think it's really a matter of scaling and how the speed relates to the size of the track. A larger track will allow you to run faster and so the curves come up faster and the associated twists have the same affect on the driver. A smaller track, only will allow you to drive at a lower speed with matching curves.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I think it's really a matter of scaling and how the speed relates to the size of the track. A larger track will allow you to run faster and so the curves come up faster and the associated twists have the same affect on the driver. A smaller track, only will allow you to drive at a lower speed with matching curves.
Guess I'll find out in a few weeks, should be fun anyway.

Sponsored

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Roval videos on Youtube make it look pretty good, both turns and a full straight

Advanced HPDE sessions at Homestead only use one oval and the 3/4 of the front straight.

(one of my vids, for the curious: )

-

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I know that the VIN is sufficient to get a place at Track Attack, but… the invite finally arrived in the mail today. Me happy boy!

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Received my letter today! I had already talked to the track though...waiting for the AT cars to arrive.
Sponsored