Ctodd1

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Nice to know there are enough A10s now. It is a different experience. When I went in November 2021, they only had manuals, which wasn't a problem since my previous 'Stang was a 2015 GT Premium w/M6. While I was there, I asked the instructors about driving the A10 and all said it works and put it in Sport or Sport+ and let the car do the work. For those of us with them at home, we need to let the car learn our driving before it feels like it's working with you instead of against.
Correct, it will learn in time. It's fantastic!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Do the second day (in the 2015-series GTs) and you get to go out on an open lap. Rules still apply and they can talk to you the whole time. And yes, accidents do happen -- on the last track session of my Day 2, I broke loose going over the paint stripe out of infield turn 7 and found the wall. I'm delighted to report the restraint systems work GREAT! And, it's worth paying for the limited liability insurance. No complaints at all and I very much want to go back for the Advanced course!
Did you wreck your vehicle or a Track Attack vehicle? I’m assuming by your response that it may have been your own since you mentioned the insurance aspect? Or are your responsible for repairs if you wreck a. TA car and the track insurance you bought covered it??

OP
OP
Ctodd1

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Did you wreck your vehicle or a Track Attack vehicle? I’m assuming by your response that it may have been your own since you mentioned the insurance aspect? Or are your responsible for repairs if you wreck a. TA car and the track insurance you bought covered it??
You are 100% responsible and your personal car excludes this true event. The school will offer you the track insurance for $200 w/ 5k ded. I shopped around and that was the best price around so I purchased it. No one wrecked on our day.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I see they put all your names on the car windshields. You got the black one. That must've been cool to walk out on the track and see your name on the windshield.

OP
OP
Ctodd1

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
It was very cool. All the cars are kept at the school location about one mile behind the track. We all got in our assigned cars and followed the leader to the track. That gave us a good time to set the dash and get a feel for the car, etc. The names were very cool for sure! 1st class

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
It was their car, a 2015 (or so) GT. You are responsible and with the limited liability insurance, there will be a long tail on the final cost for repair, or replacement if enough damage. With their insurance, you're limited to pay $5K and then your part is done. The initial estimate fir my front end-into-the-wall was $15-16K. Insurance for four days on the track (I went to the two day FPRS class earlier last year) cost $800, and saved me $10K. Worth every penny in my opinion.
My "lesson learned?": maintenance throttle only crossing painted stripes at an angle and be very aware the Cup 2s don't give much warning before letting go (something one of the instructors and I had discussed that morning.)

I still want to go back for the Advanced course (only eligible after completing the two-day.)

TorqueAholic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2000 Mustang GT, 2019 Edge ST
NIce! Great pictures. I attended the (Basically the same) GT350 Track Attack in Charlotte last spring. Definitely worth doing when you buy the car as it's free outside of the accommodations and insurance costs. It was well done and enjoyable.

However, if you have to pay for it (Over $1000.00) I don't think it's worth the coin for someone with track experience and questionable even for newbies . I think that not having the instructor in the car with you is a big miss, especially at that price point. There are many other alternatives.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
NIce! Great pictures. I attended the (Basically the same) GT350 Track Attack in Charlotte last spring. Definitely worth doing when you buy the car as it's free outside of the accommodations and insurance costs. It was well done and enjoyable.

However, if you have to pay for it (Over $1000.00) I don't think it's worth the coin for someone with track experience and questionable even for newbies . I think that not having the instructor in the car with you is a big miss, especially at that price point. There are many other alternatives.
If you do the second day do you get more time without playing follow the leader? Track time on its own is quite a bit cheaper, but you get to put wear on someone else's car too. If its more lead follow day 2 I might take the wife and explore the area instead.

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the charge to enter my 21 Mach1 in this school, I guess Carolina is closer to me in Connecticut

TorqueAholic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2000 Mustang GT, 2019 Edge ST
If you do the second day do you get more time without playing follow the leader? Track time on its own is quite a bit cheaper, but you get to put wear on someone else's car too. If its more lead follow day 2 I might take the wife and explore the area instead.
Not sure, I don't recall having an option for day 2 or maybe I just ignored it because of the inflated costs. You should inquire with the Track Attack folks. As I recall in one of the conversations I had with one of the instructors the guy liked the Charlotte location more because there was no in-car instruction there. Much easier on the instructor of course.

Apparently some (Most?) other Track Attack locations had in-car instructors at the time but not Charlotte.

You can get on track instruction (using their cars) at other schools, for less money. However, if you really want to do it in a Mach 1, in someone else's car, then that would justify the cost. Of course if you want to spend the coin you can always fly to a location that offers the in-car instructors. It would be worth it. I was Nasa / PCA / BMWCCA instructor for 5 years, so I'm speaking from experience.

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
What’s the charge to enter my 21 Mach1 in this school, I guess Carolina is closer to me in Connecticut
No charge. You drive there car and if you want insurance you can add it for $200 $5k deductible.

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
I called to confirm the availability of the A10 cars, they got em.

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
No charge. You drive there car and if you want insurance you can add it for $200 $5k deductible.
Thanx sounds great I guess Carolina would be best location for me. I just want to make myself better aquianted with what the car will do , I’m told dont take traction control off on street or I would do 360’s I suspect that would be at higher rpm’s where the most power would be, that’s my other concern

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I’m told dont take traction control off on street or I would do 360’s I suspect that would be at higher rpm’s where the most power would be, that’s my other concern
that seems like a slight exaggeration based on some cars&coffee vids :cwl:

on the other hand, it sounds pretty damn fun!
Sponsored