Sponsored

Mach 1 trademarked by Ford

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
I really want my Mach 1 to be a Boss 302 handling car, like the 2003/4, and not a drag racer. Buy a GT500 if you need a drag racer.
Sponsored

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
I really want my Mach 1 to be a Boss 302 handling car, like the 2003/4, and not a drag racer. Buy a GT500 if you need a drag racer.
Buy a GT350 if you want a "handling" car.

Seriously, how about a GT with a Track Pack?

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
Or offer the Mach 1 with either Drag or Track packages?

J.Darcy

All the old names are great - keep them. Just create 1-2 new ones for the kids....shouldn't always have to harken back to heritage.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
All the old names are great - keep them. Just create 1-2 new ones for the kids....shouldn't always have to harken back to heritage.
I agree, keep the old packages historically relevant for us "old guys"(I'm 41) and create new ones for the next generation. Do you have any original suggestions?

Sponsored

J.Darcy

I agree, keep the old packages historically relevant for us "old guys"(I'm 41) and create new ones for the next generation. Do you have any original suggestions?
I don't but I'm sure the fine minds at FMC can come up with something. All the old names are pretty great in my book. Boss, Mach 1, Cobra, Bullitt, etc. but there's no better time than the 50th to start a whole new one.

how exciting it would be to own the first of a new Mustang nameplate with all the modern fixin's. :ford:

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
2015 Mustang "Wild Stallion" Edition..........

Has a good ring to it........LOL

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
You could have Bill and Ted endorse the car! LOL

Sponsored

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB

Mustangz

Threads
Reaction score
"Voodoo Mustang"

:shrug:
YES! I've heard that the SVT/Shelby will have a 5.2L Twin turbo "Voodoo" Coyote engine. I hope it makes 550 HP:D(Pun intended) Put SVT fender badges:ford:, and Voodoo Trunk lettering. Offer the 10 speed automatic when it comes out, and both a 6, and 7 speed manual transmission.

Someone line me up for that in Red Candy. I'll give Ford my money for that SVT.

DarkAgent10

I would prefer that Ford use the following:

Pony or Sprint
GT (V8)
Twin Force (turbo versions)
Mach 1 (not as a special edition, but as a luxurious Drag Pack version of the GT)
GT350 (new version of the Boss302, available upgrades like R package)
SVT (top of line, with inclusive packages)
I also wish they would go back to the Twin Force branding. I understand why they transitioned to EcoBoost in the FWD vehicles with their hybrid powertrains and fuel economy being such a huge selling point, but Twin Force makes perfect sense for the Mustang. No one is buying a Mustang for fuel savings, everyone knows this. CAFE is a reality so it's understandable they have to start using forced induction to make up for smaller displacement engines but at least give it a name worthy of the Mustang. Twin Force Mustang would be a great start.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
I wonder who would try and rip it off. When it comes to cars the term Mach 1 automatically conjures up the Mustang. Putting Mach 1, on any other car would probably cause laughing and pointing more than anything else.
It's not so much about anybody else using it; it might be that somebody else owns it and then holds Ford hostage to charge them big bucks to get the name back.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
It's not so much about anybody else using it; it might be that somebody else owns it and then holds Ford hostage to charge them big bucks to get the name back.
Look at the 05-06 Ford GT for example... Ford never trademarked/patented the "GT40" name back in the 60's
Safir Engineering tademarked/patented the the name "GT40" back in 1985 for their replicas, Safir closed in 1999 be retained the name.
Ford tried to license the "GT40" name from them, but Safir wanted something like $10,000 per car :doh:
($10,000 x 4,38 cars = over $40 million)
hence why Ford dropped the "40" part of the name and just Called it a Ford GT

Orignal Safir Trademark Filing (10-1-1985)
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4809:o9kwpo.3.15

Current Safir Trademark Filing (2-17-2015)
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4809:o9kwpo.3.1
Sponsored

Last edited: