First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
Gotta admit, that looks killer.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that the Mach 1 is coming in 2017.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA

tacamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 AC Cobra replica (Unique Motorcars)
I guess I have a set of trigger points to buy.....at least as much hp as the Boss (444) and a suspension/chassis upgrade similar to the 1LE that Camaro offers or the former track pack to include brakes, slightly higher numerical gears, bars/shocks, wider wheels (staggered would be nice), and increased cooling. Whether it's a Mach I or SVT or whatever doesn't really matter but I don't want to pay a bunch of lawyers for a Shelby badge.

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
Shelby American Involvement

I do believe Shelby American will be involved with the 2015 Mustang as their quarterly "Shelby Magazine" just came out and on the inside front cover, they have a shadow photo of a 2014 Mustang, but the verbiage is "All New from Shelby - Coming Spring 2014." So hopeful we're still looking at the GT350 and GT500

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Why does Ford need patents on Mach 1 when they've done it several times before? Do these only last a couple years? Any lawyers around here?
LOVE the Mach renders!

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
I do believe Shelby American will be involved with the 2015 Mustang as their quarterly "Shelby Magazine" just came out and on the inside front cover, they have a shadow photo of a 2014 Mustang, but the verbiage is "All New from Shelby - Coming Spring 2014." So hopeful we're still looking at the GT350 and GT500
Then again, Shelby American may be involved, but in less of an oiffial capacity than in times past. Shelby's relationship with Ford could become more like that of Roush, Saleen and other aftermarket tuners, as SVT increases its visibility as the exclusive in-house Ford performance shop.

Time will tell.

Sponsored

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
Then again, Shelby American may be involved, but in less of an oiffial capacity than in times past. Shelby's relationship with Ford could become more like that of Roush, Saleen and other aftermarket tuners, as SVT increases its visibility as the exclusive in-house Ford performance shop.

Time will tell.
As it should be!!! :ford:SVT

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Time will tell.

This would be my guess.

I'd be amazed if there isn't a Shelby badged S550...........but I'm expecting it to be post title like the current GT350/SuperSnake jobs.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I say keep the lineup streamlined and save the Mach 1 for a special edition.

ST4 (Eco4)
ST6 (V6 or Eco6)
GT
GT-R (track pack)
GT350
GT350R
GT500
GT500KR

Cobra Jet owns the Drag Racing Program/resembles the 500.

Krishna

Agree. In addition, I'd like to see FoMoCo give the base Mustang a model designation, because, "base" is about as uncool as it gets. Ford could brand it GS since Mercury doesn't need the that badge anymore. Except in this case, it could be an acronym for "Grand Sport" instead of "Grand Sedan." A little pretentious? Sure, but all model names are pretentious to some degree. And with 300+ hp and better performance than many past GT models, the car would have a legitimate claim to the designation. A much better claim, IMO, than the Explorer has to the "Sport' trim-level moniker. :D
Well it's not called "base Mustang" just called Mustang. or the V6. or whatever the base happens to be at the time. I'd rather not they come up with even more badges, monikers, acronyms like Chevy does with the Camaro. It's a hot mess. I'd like to see them simplify the lineup names into something that makes sense and definitely wouldn't mind if they added a few new nameplates. It's about we get something new.

I like Pill's lineup minus the ST4 and ST6 which I don't think belongs on a Mustang. There should be no shared badges.

So this:

GT
GT-R (track pack)
GT350
GT350R
GT500
GT500KR

If the I4 needs a name, call it the turbo for what it is.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
I would prefer that Ford use the following:

Pony or Sprint
GT (V8)
Twin Force (turbo versions)
Mach 1 (not as a special edition, but as a luxurious Drag Pack version of the GT)
GT350 (new version of the Boss302, available upgrades like R package)
SVT (top of line, with inclusive packages)
Sponsored