VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Beautiful car! What (Granger) local shop did you go with for the PPF?
It's the one that Granger uses and recommends. Not sure the name, but I'm sure they would provide the contact info. I talked to them before the pick-up as I wanted PPF all down the rocker and lower door, as I've had experience with that area getting blasted by the front wheels on another car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hanging with some friends at Roebling Raceway, (the silver car was the fastest one on track).

1674341394988.png

1674341449964.png

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Your friends don't know how to drive at the track?
agreed. I love my Mach, but there is no way it beats a base C8 with equal drivers.

However, I can win a race to the school to drop off kid and the grocery store since I can do it all in a single trip :D (I'm knocking on the C8 a bit here, with a 2 seater, the kid CAN sit up front, I put him up front in my 2-seater all the time, and the frunk can fit a weeks worth of groceries easy.)

OP
OP
VictorH

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Your friends don't know how to drive at the track?
Well, that wouldn't be a very nice way to put it, but they have a lot less experience than I do. The C8 is a waay faster car than any stock Mustang (other than GT500).

I drove the red C8 on track in full rain (car has PS4 tires) and the car was fantastic. The C8 for some reason has quite a bit of rear brake bias which made the car super easy to place at the apex of any turn, as front grip is limited so you would do the final positioning with your trail braking technique. That red C8 has now been replaced by a C8 Z-06. I've driven that car too, but it doesn't have enough break-in miles yet :)

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
The driver often makes more of a difference than the machine. Just saying.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
  • Tremec 6-speed- Super nice! When new, especially when cold it’s a bit clunky, however if you let the trans “breathe” between shifts (just take a little pause) it will engage the gears completely smoothly. Same is true when warm, but you can shift a bit more quickly. I think it will wear in and smooth out, as when you shift real quickly, it doesn’t like that, right now, but I think with more miles it will get better. Shifter is really nice, direct, solid engagement, really if you’re paying attention you shouldn’t ever miss a gear. The only issue I had is sometimes, hot or cold, engaging reverse can be a bit difficult. At those times would move shifter into first, then second, then try reverse, not sure that really helped but it would eventually go in. I don’t like having to use a lot of force to get anything into gear, but again might just be a “it’s new” factor. Also, the clutch is really good too. Engagement is really easy, consistent and smooth. Wouldn’t change a thing with that either.
Those are my initial impressions over the first 1,200 miles on the car. Looking forward to a bunch more. As above, the car purchasing experience was excellent and the first big trip was a great experience. Can’t wait to get the car on-track to try the environment it was really designed for. Hope this is useful for some of you who might be sitting on the fence.

image_6487327-2.JPG
Contraz on the sweet ride. Great write up and updates as well.

Regarding the Reverse engagement, it is common occurance on Manual transmission cars, if it doenst go in just put it back to neutral lift clutch and engage reverse again. It should slide in everytime(Thats what she said).

Cheers
Sponsored

Last edited: