MACH 1 COLORS

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
I've been looking at used 2023 Mach 1's out there. I found a Mach in Fighter Jet Gray with all the options i like. I'm not sure if this is the color I want. If I decide to swap the car in a couple of years, will this color be a poor seller? Last year it seemed as though most dealers had one of these. Wil this be the color to own?
Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
FJG is the signature color for the M1. I donā€™t know the breakdown of how many were made in each color, but I suspect it was probably number one, which may account for why you saw so many.

I donā€™t think youā€™d have any issue reselling it. If anything, in a few years people who couldnā€™t afford them new or werenā€™t in a position to buy one, I think will have no issue with the color. If anything, I feel like FJG is likely going to be one of the easiest to sell.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I love my Eruption Green but if anything happens to it I will be very happy to buy a second-hand FJG.
As a future buyer, I am pleased that every other M1 on the secondhand market seems to be FJG. Sellers who want to differentiate their offer might not be so pleased.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
Fjg is the same as cactus grey , which is on everything. There seems to be alot of them. If resale is what you're concerned with i would find a timeless color. White black red. Myself I wanted something different and truly only available on the Mustang. I choose eruption green then I saw that all over the place on Broncos. So I changed my color to mischievous purple. Although it's not for everyone it is truly the only color that was only available ( in22 23) on the Mustang. Purple has only been available 8 of the sixty years of mustangs production.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
FJG is the signature color for the M1. I donā€™t know the breakdown of how many were made in each color, but I suspect it was probably number one, which may account for why you saw so many.

I donā€™t think youā€™d have any issue reselling it. If anything, in a few years people who couldnā€™t afford them new or werenā€™t in a position to buy one, I think will have no issue with the color. If anything, I feel like FJG is likely going to be one of the easiest to sell.
I think you can stop reading after this post right here.

Like it or not FJG will always be the most iconic color for the 2021-2023 Mach 1. Period.

Sponsored

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Fjg is the same as cactus grey , which is on everything. There seems to be alot of them. If resale is what you're concerned with i would find a timeless color. White black red. Myself I wanted something different and truly only available on the Mustang. I choose eruption green then I saw that all over the place on Broncos. So I changed my color to mischievous purple. Although it's not for everyone it is truly the only color that was only available ( in22 23) on the Mustang. Purple has only been available 8 of the sixty years of mustangs production.
To be fair, MP can just look like black in a lot of situations (although I do like the color and itā€™s definitely unique for the Mustang). FJG is a color thatā€™s available on other Ford models, but on the Mustang it was only available on the Mach 1 so itā€™s still instantly recognizable to those who know. So Iā€™d say both are pretty unique in different ways, and colors are subjective, no one color is above the rest, but I havenā€™t seen many in your color so it is pretty rare!

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I choose eruption green then I saw that all over the place on Broncos. So I changed my color to mischievous purple.
MP is weird on pictures but absolutely gorgeous in real life. I might be tempted.

Broncos has flat panels and ER does not show the same on them. I am hoping I can soon park next to one and take a picture to share.

OP
OP
armytc

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
I think you can stop reading after this post right here.

Like it or not FJG will always be the most iconic color for the 2021-2023 Mach 1. Period.
I must agree with you on the color as being the iconic color. Mach and Fighter Jet has the connection. The color IMHO is a bit blah compared to red or white.
Will people like FJG at a car cruise?
At this point, I see BLAH colors of gray, and blue on many new cars.
I'm in my 70's so maybe that's a problem!

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
MP is weird on pictures but absolutely gorgeous in real life. I might be tempted.

Broncos has flat panels and ER does not show the same on them. I am hoping I can soon park next to one and take a picture to share.
Trust me It was the hardest decision on the order. I went back and forth between EG and MP. I love greens. I have a 16 f250 in green gem. Love it. EG is gorgeous. It accentuates the body lines. But I gravitated towards the blue hues. FJG may be the "iconic" color but to a guy that's sprays paint for a living I see Shiney primer and there's to many of them. Different strokes for different folks. Bottom line is buy what gets you horny. Don't choose a color to please the masses unless you're looking to resell.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
The rules of engagement I think are much different for sports cars. You're already at a disadvantage with a compromised car.

loud
Low to ground
Difficult to get into for some people
Ride rough (compared to a luxury car)
gas mileage
Lack of seating/practicality for some models

BUT your intended audience tends to include I would think a higher amount of people who like "different" versus the audience for more "normal/commuter cars" purple mustang versus a purple Tahoe will create different responses and acceptance rates.

When your ready to sell you'll find people who don't want FJG for same/similar reasons why I don't like black and red cars and vice versa.

I would love to talk to a car salesman who had a sports car in a particular color that just would not sell because of it. I can't think of a color that just made me go "nah under no circumstances" minus my own personal disdain for black/red.

Sponsored

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
To be fair, MP can just look like black in a lot of situations (although I do like the color and itā€™s definitely unique for the Mustang). FJG is a color thatā€™s available on other Ford models, but on the Mustang it was only available on the Mach 1 so itā€™s still instantly recognizable to those who know. So Iā€™d say both are pretty unique in different ways, and colors are subjective, no one color is above the rest, but I havenā€™t seen many in your color so it is pretty rare!
Ii get it. Not knocking it. They make different colors for different tastes. I know Henry Ford once said you can have it in any color you want as long as it's black. How did that work out? Any s550 looks sexy in any of the colors offered. No real bad choice if you like what you're looking at.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Trying to predict resale value in a couple years is a foolā€™s errand (no offense meant). Personally, I would find a color (or a couple) that really moves you, buy it and enjoy it. I passed on a Shadow Black GT500 last week because the color just didnā€™t do it for me. Even though I would have no issues selling a black car down the road if I needed to. I personally like the Grabber colors, Twister Orange, etc. The more rare, look at me colors. To me, these are attention grabbing cars, why not go with an attention grabbing color.

But we all have different tastes which is what makes the car hobby so great. If FJG is a color that moves you, go for it and donā€™t worry about resale in a few years.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
For me, Velocity Blue and Twister Orange but I do like the Yellow we had in 21 also.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
For me, Velocity Blue and Twister Orange but I do like the Yellow we had in 21 also.
I always forget about VB. Such an underrated color. That would be a good color for Ford to bring back at some point. Lightning Blue too