Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
As always. Guess I will have to see it in person.

It's reminds of the 1998 mystic cobra.. Which was cool..More green than this purple.

Just keep in mind. You ever want to do paint work. It might not be cheap.
It was 1996 that had the mystic cobra

If I had the coin to buy another mustang, I would get a MP mach 1, I already have a grabber blue vert. But who wouldn't want a matching pair of GB mustangs, one a vert and the other a mach 1
Sponsored

jpro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Mach 1 has a tremec….Huge difference.
Yep, that's huge. I had a 2016 GT and went to a GT350. I don't know where my brain went. Obviously the manual transmission difference is significant.

Classic. You dont know what it is yet you know it’s dumb.

All M1s
-all the 500 coolers
-magnaride
-special chasis tuning
-tremec option
-all GT Premium options and PP1
-350 front and rear subframes
-350 Intake, throttle body, manifold
-likely missed something

Later.
I'm actually glad you clarified this for me. You should go and work for Ford. It is difficult to make heads or tails about things when Ford's message and details seem to be hit or miss. This list makes it clear.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Yep, that's huge. I had a 2016 GT and went to a GT350. I don't know where my brain went. Obviously the manual transmission difference is significant.

I'm actually glad you clarified this for me. You should go and work for Ford. It is difficult to make heads or tails about things when Ford's message and details seem to be hit or miss. This list makes it clear.
Anytime.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

jpro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
This should be a sticky post, containing these also.

We get the question "what is the difference....?" a lot.

Mach 1 specs.jpg

Mach 1 specs_bottom.jpg

Mach 1 specs_top.jpg
Follow up questions:
1. Under steering and stability control, what does "Mach 1 tuning" actually mean?
2. Under suspension, what does "Unique Mach 1 chassis tuning" mean?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Follow up questions:
1. Under steering and stability control, what does "Mach 1 tuning" actually mean?
2. Under suspension, what does "Unique Mach 1 chassis tuning" mean?
That’s means the computer management for both is specifically tuned for the Mach 1 and those algorithms can’t be found on other vehicles.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
That’s means the computer management for both is specifically tuned for the Mach 1 and those algorithms can’t be found on other vehicles.
Yes that is what it means...supposedly.

The question is is it actually different. Ford will say it is, is that truthful? could it just be marketing...?
I think it is different, and FRPP spent time dialing it in to indeed be the most track capable 5.0L Mustang.

Personally, having driven GT, GT PP1, GT350 and owning the Mach 1..... They all feel a bit different, surprisingly so to me. Specifically, the rear end in the M1 feels much more planted than the GTs, it inspires a lot of confidence to push. Perhaps this is placebo, but I'm convinced something is going on back there to help the car out. I also feel that the M1 magneride is actually more compliant over poor pavement in normal mode, the GT PP1 had magneride too so its apples to apples comparison. Possible placebo but its how I feel.

Best advice is drive both! I know it would be hard to drive in a manner where this is going to come into play on a test drive but, hey I was allowed to drive new GT unattended!

Again my own impression, especially at the track, that the M1 rear end grip inspires more confidence than I think the GT would have. Near the edge I always felt like the GT had the capability for the rear to slip out under me violently and I had to be more conscious (slower) with it.

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yes that is what it means...supposedly.

The question is is it actually different. Ford will say it is, is that truthful? could it just be marketing...?
I think it is different, an FRPP spent time dialing it in to indeed be the most track capable 5.0L Mustang.

Personally, having driven GT, GT PP1, GT350 and owning the Mach 1..... They all feel a bit different, surprisingly so to me. Specifically, the rear end in the M1 feels much more planted than the GTs, it inspires a lot of confidence to push. Perhaps this is placebo, but I'm convinced something is going on back there to help the car out. I also feel that the M1 magneride is actually more compliant over poor pavement in normal mode, the GT PP1 had magneride too so its apples to apples comparison. Possible placebo but its how I feel.

Best advice is drive both! I know it would be hard to drive in a manner where this is going to come into play on a test drive but, hey I was allowed to drive new GT unattended!

Again my own impression, especially at the track, that the M1 rear end grip inspires more confidence than I think the GT would have. Near the edge I always felt like the GT had the capability for the rear to slip out under me violently and I had to be more conscious (slower) with it.
The M1 has the GT500 rear subframe so that might be the difference you’re feeling.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Grabber Blue always looked good to me I would have gotten if that had that color in 2016.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The Purple, much like the Bullitt's DHG will be VERY dependent on the light around it. I think that's going to be awesome, a dark/deep tone on cloudy days, but pop really nice on a sunny day.

I'm glad that Mustang keeps the colors fresh.
Sponsored