Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Another entry...

My mom lives in a nursing home and my dad visits with her every day. I usually go over in the evenings. Tonight Dad said that he's been meaning to tell me that a few days ago one of the nurse aides was talking with them and somehow the subject got to cars. She said that she and her husband are car lovers and have 2 Mustangs. Dad says my son has one too. She says next time he comes tell him to look around the parking lot, she saw a silver Mach 1 there the other day, he'd probably love to see it! It's gorgeous, she had to call her husband to tell him she actually saw one and texted him a picture. Dad laughs and goes yeah he's seen it, it's his! :crackup: So now I'm on the hook for a personal viewing next time I bring it over when she's working.
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Another entry...

My mom lives in a nursing home and my dad visits with her every day. I usually go over in the evenings. Tonight Dad said that he's been meaning to tell me that a few days ago one of the nurse aides was talking with them and somehow the subject got to cars. She said that she and her husband are car lovers and have 2 Mustangs. Dad says my son has one too. She says next time he comes tell him to look around the parking lot, she saw a silver Mach 1 there the other day, he'd probably love to see it! It's gorgeous, she had to call her husband to tell him she actually saw one and texted him a picture. Dad laughs and goes yeah he's seen it, it's his! :crackup: So now I'm on the hook for a personal viewing next time I bring it over when she's working.
Take her for a spin around the block!

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Another entry...

UPDATE... I met the girl today. She showed me pics of her hubby's cars, a 2004 black GT and a 2003 green Cobra clone GT. She said when she told him there was a Mach 1 in the parking lot he didn't believe her until she texted him the pic, and says he's mad that they can't afford one. I laughed and said jeez guys you have to walk before you can run, they're in their mid-20's and it took me over 30 years to be able to do something like this!

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
My Mustang club participated in a Christmas parade last night...a lot of fun. An event like that really makes me glad I bought this car...it gets so much attention. Multiple "nice car" comments from people age 6 to 86...heard quite a few people say something akin to "my favorite mustang" or "that is the one I want." Wish we could find more parades to drive in!

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The more I drive this car, the more I love it. Took it out again today (thank you heated seats and steering wheel) and am getting used to track mode. Takes a while to get used to the pedal / throttle mapping but when you do, damn. Track mode handling is definitely crisper than Sport+. And this is with the winter wheels and tires on, can't wait to feel the width and offset of the summer wheels this spring.

Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Wife drove it today for the first team with the car being there for month a month. Absolutely blew her mind that a car could drive like this.

She hasn't driven a Mustang before and she was shocked how easily she was able to push it. It was kind of scary for her. She does complain about the lack of manual tho. :X

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
One more thing that I have been wanting to throw out there:

The amount of time and money I want to spend on mods for the Mach is TINY compared to when I had the GT. I was constantly scouring the 6G classifieds, Ebay, Black Friday sales, etc looking for stuff.... tons of experimenting with exhaust, all kinds of suspension upgrades, a few sets of wheels, leather seat covers, Sync 3 conversion from the little 4" screen, CAI... on and on. There is nothing I feel the need to upgrade with this car except replacing the handling package wheels with the black Ford Performance PP2 wheels which will be done in a couple days. Love everything else about it. It might have cost more than a GT but I would have spent a ton more modding a GT.

I echo this. That is why I am trading a PP GT I just bought for the Mach 1 that actually got built. I was not happy losing some money on the PP.. But I had probably $8-$10,000 in upgrades planned. I am only going to tint the windows on the Mach 1. LOL

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife drove it today for the first team with the car being there for month a month. Absolutely blew her mind that a car could drive like this.

She hasn't driven a Mustang before and she was shocked how easily she was able to push it. It was kind of scary for her. She does complain about the lack of manual tho. :X
say thats ok honey, we'll order a second on in grabber blue with a tremec! best of both worlds!

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I laughed and said jeez guys you have to walk before you can run, they're in their mid-20's and it took me over 30 years to be able to do something like this!
I feel like I talk to a lot of people in their 20s who are shocked they can’t have a cool car and own a home straight out of college. I had a pretty damn good paying job right out of college and it felt like i was treading water until about 30. It just takes time to accumulate wealth. Im in my 40’s and just getting around to a new mach 1.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
say thats ok honey, we'll order a second on in grabber blue with a tremec! best of both worlds!
If you were smart you would have said 'velocity blue' knowing he'd never have to deliver.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
If you were smart you would have said 'velocity blue' knowing he'd never have to deliver.
You are assuming Ford will deliver HP M1s as expected. :)

if my wife asked for a mach 1 i would order a pink one if thats what she wanted :cwl:
LOL. Please don't. :D

but i want him to get a second mach!
I am very likely getting a second M1 with a manual at this point. Will drive this car for a year and probably call Granger once again at the end of the year. Depending on how some of the grabber blue's and cyber oranges look, I am going to be ordering it OR swapping with someone.
Sponsored