Sponsored

M1 Maintenance List?

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Already driven about 3.5k miles and I need to replace my Cup2s. Besides that I feel I should get an oil refresh.

Is there a non official list of things shared by M1 experts to have a strong upkeep of the car?
Sponsored

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
If you've worn out your Cup2s in less than 4,000 miles with on track use, it might be reasonable to check the alignment. It's reasonable anyway, mine was way off in front.
Change the oil and filter, maybe an oil catch can.
Now is a good time to either wax or ceramic coat your paint or add PPF if that's important to you. That's about all I'd do.

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
@VictorH makes a good point on the alignment. Perhaps it is out perhaps not. One thing I do know is of the last 5 new vehicles I have bought, only one did not need to be adjusted on alignment from factory.

I did come across a woman in a White M1 at the wash the other day. It was a HP car. When I had finished vacuuming the inside of my truck, I went to have a look at what is different on the HP, and mine. She has 4400ish miles and her Cup2 were trashed. I asked if she has tracked the car and she kind of just looked at me. I continued to poke on her car, like it was mine, when I got to the rear those tires were just as bad.

Whatever that’s worth

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
This is clearly a case where, "your mileage may vary." The problem is that the Cup2 is not really a street tire (yes legally, but from a proctical use, no). It's a trick used by various car manufacturers to get more cornering performance out of their high-end cars. Cup2R are even worse in terms of durability but those come stock on some models too. I just crossed 2,000 miles on my Cup2s and they look ok. If I get 5,000 miles and two track days out of them, I'll be happy. I don't have a second set of wheel yet, but I always have a track wheel set and a street tire set. The Cup2 is not really a good compromise for a street tire.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
The Cup2 is not really a good compromise for a street tire.
If you want cup2’s and need more street manners the gt350 cup2’s would be more appropriate. I still prefer the 4s myself but just another tire to consider

Sponsored

OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Wife took the car and Ford checked the bar only to decline oil change or replace filter or catch. They said it’s only 3700 miles and doesn’t require anything.

🤡🤣

Any recommendations what to do.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Wife took the car and Ford checked the bar only to decline oil change or replace filter or catch. They said it’s only 3700 miles and doesn’t require anything.

🤡🤣

Any recommendations what to do.
I have 3K on mine two track days oil life is 47%. what does yours say?

I plan to change at 5K. No more racing until then.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I have not yet tracked the car. But basically they say Oil is at 57% and the can't change logistically. I find that weird. Just change it imma pay you good money.
Yeah they are talking BS. my dealer changed mine at 1500 miles then again at 5k.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
They also said they can’t change the catch until 30k miles. I’ll talk to a different dealer.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This is why I don't do dealerships. They can have my car if I have to do a warranty claim. I control everything else.

OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
This is why I don't do dealerships. They can have my car if I have to do a warranty claim. I control everything else.
Where else would you replace your catch. I have always gone to dealerships so it's easier if something gets messed up.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Where else would you replace your catch. I have always gone to dealerships so it's easier if something gets messed up.
Only catch I'm familiar with is a catch can. I must be missing something here.

GotNotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Z71
My Mach only has 1650 miles and no track days and my oil life is already at 54%. Not that I really trust those things.
Sponsored