m1 issues yet?

balzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Balaji
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1
No engine issues but around 4000 miles the car developed a rattle coming from the back seats. It was very very noticeable and distracting especially at low speeds. Was worse on bumpy roads. I emptied out the trunk and took everything out of the car to be sure it was some loose item rolling around. Seemed to be coming from the rear passenger seat. Eventually it just stopped. Now at 6500 miles and all is well.
Im having this issue at 2500 miles and its driving me crazy . Im thinking of giving it to granger to get it checked this week .
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
After months of reading the forum while waiting for my car I have 2 concerns before picking up my m1. I know the M1 is new but the engine is not. Anyone reporting the 2K engine rattle yet? Reading tells me it s prevalent on the 5.0. The engine ticking issue seems to be mitigated with ceratec oil additive and is not of concern per Ford. The other information I see is lots of interior rattles in the Mustang interior . Many also say Ford is pretty uninterested in answering some of these concerns. Just wonder if the M1 will be the same? Someone reported when putting the FP tune and CAI (FP) that they cured the engine rattle. We already have that mod. Probably not a lot of miles yet on the 2021 M1 for a baseline of issues (if any). Lots of information on the forum and I m trying to put it in perspective .
There won’t be any issues exclusive to the Mach 1. One of the great things about a parts bin car….this model is not being used to test anything new 🙂
I don’t have any issues with mine and have been pleasantly surprised at the build quality

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I only have some dashboard rattle from the passenger's A column, I think, not all the time but sometimes around 2000 rpm or so. Will look into it more in the spring but even if nothing could be done about it, it can be ignored fine, non-issue. Otherwise the car is bloody perfect.

Don't worry about anything, you have long warranty covering you.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Im having this issue at 2500 miles and its driving me crazy . Im thinking of giving it to granger to get it checked this week .
Did you check the spare tire well? Anything not secured in there can rattle or roll around.

balzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Balaji
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1
Did you check the spare tire well? Anything not secured in there can rattle or roll around.
Yup ill go do that right away . I think the noise started when i had a flat and had to get the tire inflater kit out from the tire well .
Thanks for the idea

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So I had something similar on my rear seats in my 2017 GT. Ended up being the actual latch causing a squeaking noise. I threw some WD-40 on it and it didn't come back for a long long time. Some people even end up putting a tape on the rear seat latch so it doesn't rub and make noise. Not sure if this is the same issue you're having or not but I figured I would bring it up here.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I dont have an Mach 1 but I can answer on the rattle as I have the same engine. When I had my 2020 5.0 I did have the 2k rattle but when I traded that car for the 2021 5.0, I haven't had any engine rattles at all. They did change the oil weight for the 2021's 5W30 instead of the 5W20 that was on the 2020's.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Owned since March 10 and has 6600 miles on the odo...Love this car and would definitely buy again!
No tick at all. Did my first oil change at 3k
Brembo's squeaked for a while but pretty much gone now.
A10 can be a little jerky until warmed up.
Seen others report the leaking rear diff connector but I did not have the issue.
Very happy with build quality on mine.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Owned since March 10 and has 6600 miles on the odo...Love this car and would definitely buy again!
No tick at all. Did my first oil change at 3k
Brembo's squeaked for a while but pretty much gone now.
A10 can be a little jerky until warmed up.
Seen others report the leaking rear diff connector but I did not have the issue.
Very happy with build quality on mine.
Yeah, not seeing any fluid on my garage floor is a good start! No issues here either but I have 158 miles on mine.... I'll report back later.

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
I have 1200 miles on mine and had it since March. No issues. I have the Tremec 6speed.

Sponsored

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So I had something similar on my rear seats in my 2017 GT. Ended up being the actual latch causing a squeaking noise. I threw some WD-40 on it and it didn't come back for a long long time. Some people even end up putting a tape on the rear seat latch so it doesn't rub and make noise. Not sure if this is the same issue you're having or not but I figured I would bring it up here.
I had exactly the same issue on my Mach after about 1K . Did the WD 40 trick as well and hasn’t reappeared.

Geofft21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 M2467
Anyone else have the windscreen washer low level light come on and stay on for no reason? UK dealers can't seem to source the part to replace it either!

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I had exactly the same issue on my Mach after about 1K . Did the WD 40 trick as well and hasn’t reappeared.
This was not the case in mine. It was more a rattle than a squeak. Also happened whether the seats were upright or folded down. I thought maybe it was the seat belt buckle hitting against the plastic but it wasn't that either. Even with all 4 belts buckled and seats down still heard it. Sounded like it might actually be coming from inside the rear seat cushion. In any case I'm thankful it's gone...hopefully forever but somehow I doubt it.

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This was not the case in mine. It was more a rattle than a squeak. Also happened whether the seats were upright or folded down. I thought maybe it was the seat belt buckle hitting against the plastic but it wasn't that either. Even with all 4 belts buckled and seats down still heard it. Sounded like it might actually be coming from inside the rear seat cushion. In any case I'm thankful it's gone...hopefully forever but somehow I doubt it.
Hopefully for you it stays gone. I went a bit over the top and started removing anything in the rear out of the car including internal panels etc as I thought it was coming from the trunk area.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Hopefully for you it stays gone. I went a bit over the top and started removing anything in the rear out of the car including internal panels etc as I thought it was coming from the trunk area.
Reminds me, I do keep my rear seat belts buckled. And, in my 2015 GT, I occasionally noticed the passenger buckle vibrate against something until I moved it just a touch. Haven't experienced that in the Mach 1.
Sponsored