Sponsored

m1 issues yet?

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
After months of reading the forum while waiting for my car I have 2 concerns before picking up my m1. I know the M1 is new but the engine is not. Anyone reporting the 2K engine rattle yet? Reading tells me it s prevalent on the 5.0. The engine ticking issue seems to be mitigated with ceratec oil additive and is not of concern per Ford. The other information I see is lots of interior rattles in the Mustang interior . Many also say Ford is pretty uninterested in answering some of these concerns. Just wonder if the M1 will be the same? Someone reported when putting the FP tune and CAI (FP) that they cured the engine rattle. We already have that mod. Probably not a lot of miles yet on the 2021 M1 for a baseline of issues (if any). Lots of information on the forum and I m trying to put it in perspective .
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Interested as well.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
After months of reading the forum while waiting for my car I have 2 concerns before picking up my m1. I know the M1 is new but the engine is not. Anyone reporting the 2K engine rattle yet? Reading tells me it s prevalent on the 5.0. The engine ticking issue seems to be mitigated with ceratec oil additive and is not of concern per Ford. The other information I see is lots of interior rattles in the Mustang interior . Many also say Ford is pretty uninterested in answering some of these concerns. Just wonder if the M1 will be the same? Someone reported when putting the FP tune and CAI (FP) that they cured the engine rattle. We already have that mod. Probably not a lot of miles yet on the 2021 M1 for a baseline of issues (if any). Lots of information on the forum and I m trying to put it in perspective .
No engine issues but around 4000 miles the car developed a rattle coming from the back seats. It was very very noticeable and distracting especially at low speeds. Was worse on bumpy roads. I emptied out the trunk and took everything out of the car to be sure it was some loose item rolling around. Seemed to be coming from the rear passenger seat. Eventually it just stopped. Now at 6500 miles and all is well.

Last edited:

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Interested as well.
11K miles onine since delivery in early April this year and NO issues. Had oil change about 2500 miles. No rattles from the engine or elsewhere. Drove Ford's M1 hard at the Mach1 Track Attack and no issues there either.

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
Had mine since April, almost 7k. My brakes have whistled since day 1, but amazingly in the ford manual for the Mach 1, it says this is to be expected. I have noticed about 5 times now at a stop light, the transmission (I have a manual) pops out as I accelerate (back into neutral). At first, I attributed this to me just limp shifting, but after 5 times...makes me wonder. Doesn't repeat, happens maybe once a month (no female jokes please).

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I've had 2 issues since Day 1: an intermittent rattle from the dash trim above the Sync screen, and an engine-rotation-sounding rattle that you can feel through the shifter and hear at idle. Both are driving me crazy. Although someone mentioned in another thread that the shifter rattle could be a known issue with an (emergency brake line?) that runs down the center tunnel or something like that.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I've had 2 issues since Day 1: an intermittent rattle from the dash trim above the Sync screen, and an engine-rotation-sounding rattle that you can feel through the shifter and hear at idle. Both are driving me crazy. Although someone mentioned in another thread that the shifter rattle could be a known issue with an (emergency brake line?) that runs down the center tunnel or something like that.
I had a similar issue on my 2015 50th anniversary and the heatshield was making contact with the exhaust in the center of the car.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Better question- is everyone in this thread still happy with their purchase, and would you do it again?
HELLS yeah.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
11K miles onine since delivery in early April this year and NO issues. Had oil change about 2500 miles. No rattles from the engine or elsewhere. Drove Ford's M1 hard at the Mach1 Track Attack and no issues there either.
That’s good to hear. Thanks Doug

Sponsored

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Again, will go down as Top 5 Mustangs EVER. Why?
Ride
Brakes
Sound
Handling
Steering
Transmission
Electronics
Looks
Wheels/Tires
5.0l Engine is reliable and powerful
Aero dynamics
Interior (for a Mustang of course)
Performance

on and on and on
(that’s why I bought 2)

(1) Street car only 8,700 miles
(1) Track only 187 miles

hahahahahaha

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
8000 miles on mine-owned since April-extremely happy with purchase. Only issues are squeaking brakes at low speed at initial pedal (seems to be common) and I had one anomaly one day where I was driving and the traction light came on, lost my nav/radio, and active exhaust went out. I stopped at a light and it all came back...hasn't happened since. Not sure what that was. Oh and my chassis badge bows a little in the middle...tried pushing it back in but keeps popping out. If it ever pops off completely I will put some good 3M tape on it.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Better question- is everyone in this thread still happy with their purchase, and would you do it again?
Not a mach1, just a well optioned GT (premium, 401a, M6T, PP1, Magneride, active exhaust) plus supercharger - couldn't be happier with the car despite some of it's quality control flaws, which I consider very minor compared to the experience. Every drive is the occasion that makes my heart go faster, I couldn't care less about minor dahs rattles, just step on the gas and they all disappear 😄

Just my opinion, but if build quality is on top of your list and you walk into a Ford dealership, something is done wrong :giggle: