LSPI - EcoBoom - Intercooler

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
why are you going through so many plugs? is it fouling them out from being too rich or something?
It is still only about once a year. Really don't drive that much.
At least a few people in the 5.0 FI section swear by, and frequently use, octane booster esp Boostane. I think you just need to watch/swap out plugs and O2 sensors more frequently
I started using octane booster thanks to the YouTuber Demonology.

:thumbsdown: Sorry for sidetracking the subject here.

Bad gas with a tune and intercooler would be a better reason for failure. I am sure the tune has been modified to adjust for the change of temperatures due to an intercooler.
Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
It is still only about once a year. Really don't drive that much.

I started using octane booster thanks to the YouTuber Demonology.

:thumbsdown: Sorry for sidetracking the subject here.

Bad gas with a tune and intercooler would be a better reason for failure. I am sure the tune has been modified to adjust for the change of temperatures due to an intercooler.
Do folks in the modded EB world need to monitor real time knock? When I get a new tank I watch my knock monitor like a hawk for at least the first hit...

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Do folks in the modded EB world need to monitor real time knock? When I get a new tank I watch my knock monitor like a hawk for at least the first hit...
No not really. The cars will pull tuning to be safe

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
No not really. The cars will pull tuning to be safe
So supposedly will the tune I run I just want to catch it early. I have knock monitoring set on my nGauge so it will show a red light when timing is being pulled so I can’t miss it. Maybe the EB has more authority to save itself with bad gas even when modified...

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So supposedly will the tune I run I just want to catch it early. I have knock monitoring set on my nGauge so it will show a red light when timing is being pulled so I can’t miss it. Maybe the EB has more authority to save itself with bad gas even when modified...
Depends on the tune. Ford performance and stock tune just pulls timing, it’s up the tuner to see how much they design to see and pull power.

the stock and fp have oar enabled which means can relearn new fuels.

even the fp can run87
Once it relearns it,
Confirmed from fp. But they don’t advertise it because they said people will toss 87 in and run it hard and go blow up.

they said you can run 87, but stay off the tank and let it learn itself to 87. But he said at that point could just flash back to stock too.

so meh

that’s what several ford tech at ford perf all told me

Sponsored

OP
OP
sredish

sredish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang Ecoboost
@Meatball some of the more aggressive tunes are harder on pushing the limits than others.

My tunes are from livernois and they also gave me a 100 octane that runs hard. we have 100 octane at the pump not too far from where I work but I've become afraid of pushing it too hard and booming... just not worth pushing it to me.

I've been considering a down pipe but I do like the quiet car as well. I may try a cheap ebay catless and see how it feels to see if it's worth it. if so, i'll drop the coin on a nice one.

as far as additive, we use Madditive in baja for the races to increase real time octane by whole numbers, works great.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
@Meatball some of the more aggressive tunes are harder on pushing the limits than others.

My tunes are from livernois and they also gave me a 100 octane that runs hard. we have 100 octane at the pump not too far from where I work but I've become afraid of pushing it too hard and booming... just not worth pushing it to me.

I've been considering a down pipe but I do like the quiet car as well. I may try a cheap ebay catless and see how it feels to see if it's worth it. if so, i'll drop the coin on a nice one.

as far as additive, we use Madditive in baja for the races to increase real time octane by whole numbers, works great.
Downpipe is the biggest restriction in the oem system

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The GT's can run E30 on the stock tune STFT's will run about 10% added fuel.

I see no reason the EB's would be any different.

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
This is the best solution so far. I run 2.5 gallons of E per tank of 93. Good for about 2 octane and cooling benefit of E.

Boostane is a great idea also. In low dosage(91->93) it causes zero problems.
Ecoboosts cannot handle higher levels of ethanol without dedicated tunes. 2.5 gallons of E85 will result in roughly E22 fuel in the tank, which is far too high. Running this high of an ethanol mix will result in people running their engines too lean and destroying them. You can only run up to E30 with a dedicated tune on an Ecoboost with a stock fuel system, anything more than that will need an upgraded fuel system and related tune.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
This is the best solution so far. I run 2.5 gallons of E per tank of 93. Good for about 2 octane and cooling benefit of E.

Boostane is a great idea also. In low dosage(91->93) it causes zero problems.
E30 is a good option *IF* you're tuned properly for it.

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
Yes and the car is rated to E15. I don’t have any Ecoboost logs but the GT adjust for this no problem. Ford can’t just let 7% to much ethanol blow the car up.

If someone were to log it on a stock tune I would bet money 7% to much ethanol would only help for the octane bump.
Why cant Ford? If there is too much ethanol in the pump, thats not ford's problem, thats the gas station's problem.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Why cant Ford? If there is too much ethanol in the pump, thats not ford's problem, thats the gas station's problem.
Yep abs they’d be on the hook if owner made them test the gas

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
I am not going to do that, but thanks for playing. Go back to the GT forum. There is no reason for ford to allow flexibility, its says E15 thats flexible enough.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I apologize for bringing solutions to your problems. I will head back to the adults table now.
How dare you bring solutions, lol.

With that said the GT isn't really comparable in this case, the dual injection gives a lot more leeway with ethanol from the get go. The GDI only Ecoboost in comparison doesn't have that.
Sponsored