Ecoboom!

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Not me! In all seriousness, who is afraid of feeling that dreaded moment of a Boom? Have you accepted the possibility and gone on with life? Or are you living in fear of pushing the little engine that could past its limits?
Sponsored

93coupe/stroked

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost base auto metalic
Fear not! Blew up my share of light wt 5.0 blocks! Love it when the block is split in two! That only means your trying harder then everybody else!

SoulHunter91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Twister Orange
Me too when I first purchased it. But I leave it stock so warranty will take care of it if it ever happens. If you decide to tune/mod your car, you should save money and be ready. That's just a negative side of tuning.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Not me! In all seriousness, who is afraid of feeling that dreaded moment of a Boom? Have you accepted the possibility and gone on with life? Or are you living in fear of pushing the little engine that could past its limits?
Meh, it's just a good reason to build a closed deck engine. I'm not going out of my way to blow it up, but if it does, it does.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have no concerns of ecoboom happening now that I have oem downpipe back on. 30k miles strong now

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Kaboom!!

Nuclear weapons.gif

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue 2.3T/AT Mustang
Stay around 400 hp 400 tq and you should be fine. If you want more power go big turbo to move the Power band up (torque curve).

I wasn't afraid.... something went lean and popped. Replaced the head gasket with studs and it cracked a ring land or something internal. Sprayed Methonal pushing over 425 whp for a long time. That stuff works! She's done but didn't boom. Full bolt on with Nx2 turbo and 100% Methonal injected.

For those who want safety.
SN+ only
Top teir 92-93 only
And send you're pro tuner a data log from time to time.
Some say to change the low fuel pressure sensor, evap solenoid and to use a step colder plugs with a catch can. The newer 2018 and Mustangs should already have the right evap solenoid and fuel pressure sensor.

Using water meth injection wouldn't be a bad idea either with a small nozzle to add cooling and intake port cleaning. My valves are spotless @ 30k.
Sponsored