Sponsored

Low end torque

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
This car trips me out. It's like at first.....is this a V8? Then around 4000 rpm..IT'S A V8!
Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
This car trips me out. It's like at first.....is this a V8? Then around 4000 rpm..IT'S A V8!
Pretty much. Those who don't understand that may feel disappointed.
Same deal with the GT350.

I will always love mustangs but I thought I'd try the camaro and enjoy the torque at all rpm ranges:)

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I think my PP GT feels just as torquey if not more so than my 6.0 GTO did, gearing and throttle response is why.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
If you are flooring below 2000rpm, you are driving it wrong.
^This! These motors are made to rev, hence the ability to move the redline up to almost 8k and still make power safely. Absolutely no reason to punch it under 3k and expect tire ripping acceleration. IF that's what you want add a Whipple or VMP. But if you punch it under 2k with a blower you might have other issues to eventually deal with.

Click a gear and move on, don't expect anything to happen under 3500. Get to know the coyote and you will have a much better experience with the car. I really don't understand why people come into this platform and expect low rpm power. It's a high reving motor and has always been advertised as such. That always means power is higher in the rpm band.

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
PP2 adds a bunch of low end torque.
Anyone able to comment on this with specifics/experience?

I had the same impression about the lack of low end torque last month. However, I'm still learning, and as was mentioned, whatever gear you are in except 6th, 4k+ is the fun zone. Made for an entirely different driving experience. :D

-Emt1581

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The goal of my OP was to understand the car better from other people's experiences. I'm not complaining and I understand that it is a high revving motor, which is one of the things I like about it.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Anyone able to comment on this with specifics/experience?

I had the same impression about the lack of low end torque last month. However, I'm still learning, and as was mentioned, whatever gear you are in except 6th, 4k+ is the fun zone. Made for an entirely different driving experience. :D

-Emt1581
I have the PP2 and can confirm the added throttle response and RPM climb from low RPM.

What would you like to know?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
So how are people revving with autos?
Like I said earlier, you can mash the pedal in 1st, but you'd better know the road, and have the car pointing straight, or else :eyebulge:

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I came from a 1SS 1LE camaro to the GTPP premium. The low down torque was noticeable and the riding on rails handling. The issue with the instant torque is managing it. The only thing I did on the camaro was a muffler delete and tune, it felt way faster than the mustang. But it was far from it. The mustang is faster all round. Even pushed to the limit, the mustang is way easier to manage.

NowhereFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. PP, 1999 WS6,2010 Expedition
I think my PP GT feels just as torquey if not more so than my 6.0 GTO did, gearing and throttle response is why.
Idk how different the GTOs are, but my Trans am with the 5.7 feels much livelier at the bottom than my GT does. The 5.0 is pretty gutless under 3k IMO

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The LS2 in the GTO felt stronger than an LS1 in an Fbody IMO. Anyone complaining about low end should sell their mustang immediately and buy some big block car from the 70's that redline at 4k and make 200hp. They probably feel alot better at 2k.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
My pp gt i admitt was pretty disappointing at delivery. A few weeks before i bought the pp gt I test drove a base gt stick ( only option was a spare). I just assumed that one was built on the wrong day lol. Well I remembered the ol fox bodies being beast so I thought I'd find me a new gt with the 3:73s. You know, 435 horses and a stick with 3:73s. It would just be awesome. The one (base w/spare) I test drove had to been a dud I thought. Well anyways the pp gt has grown on me. I tell myself its a sports car that needs to rev. Its just different now. I do like the car and especially the attention it still gets. Im going on my third year of ownership and its like the car is still the newest, latest pony out there. I guess when I spot the 2018 mustang on the road soon that feeling will be gone. Another positive is that I'm getting excited about the mods to come both in the looks and performance dept.

Last edited:

AGM2018

So hello everyone...I do have a question concerning the low end/low RPM torque on the GT'S. I have had several Mustangs (65 inline 6, 87 GT, 98/03 GT's) and I have enjoyed them all! I am seriously contemplating purchasing a 2017 GT soon. I drove a very early 2015 GT (automatic and 3.15 gears) and to be honest, I was surprised at the lack of low end "grunt". I wrote it off as the motor not being broken in and the 3.15 gears. BUT, after reading this thread, I may be incorrect. The aspect I enjoyed most with my previous GT'S (especially the 87) was the seemingly instant low-end "grunt". I know the Coyote motor is build differently...but, at what low RPM does the motor "wake up" to unleash the low end "grunt"? I know the GT isn't slow...but, does the "Butt Meter" make it "feel slow" until the torque rushes in and makes the GT run like a "Spotted Ape?"
Sponsored