Low end torque

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
What should I expect from low end torque in the GT? For instance, if you're in 2nd gear low RPMs (1500-2000) and mash the gas, are you getting wheelspin? Or does the engine bog and then take off? Should you get to a certain RPM before going WOT? Sometimes my car feels sluggish at low RPMs and wondering if it's just me. Lund FF tune and CAI, catback exhaust.
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
What should I expect from low end torque in the GT? For instance, if you're in 2nd gear low RPMs (1500-2000) and mash the gas, are you getting wheelspin? Or does the engine bog and then take off? Should you get to a certain RPM before going WOT? Sometimes my car feels sluggish at low RPMs and wondering if it's just me. Lund FF tune and CAI, catback exhaust.
You're not making much power at that low of RPMs, so it'll be sluggish.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
From what I hear, if you have the Eco-boost mustang, you wont have to worry about a lack of low end torque. :D

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
You're not making much power at that low of RPMs, so it'll be sluggish.
So it's really just a lack of power at such a low RPM rather than an engine response/throttle thing? I'm not expecting max power everywhere like I'm racing granny's on their way to the grocery store lol. I'm just trying to be more informed at what is normal.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
You won't get much wheelspin, if any, but it won't exactly be a slouch if you're flooring it in 2nd at ~2k RPM. The gearing is short enough to get you up into the powerband pretty quick.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Since you have an Auto, if you put it in Sport/Sport+ mode it will hold the RPMs slightly higher and will downshift more, as well as increase throttle sensitivity.

IMO it makes it feel alot better and faster when the RPMs are lower. Obviously I know it's not "fixing" or improving anything, but it sure makes it feel better.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I am curious to test this now. Any damage to the engine / transmission flooring it at such a low RPM?

5PointSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
A lot of it is in your gearing. Looks like you have a 3.15 rear end based on your signature. That ratio will be geared more towards top speed and fuel economy, so you get less acceleration or pull, especially at lower RPMs.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I have the same setup with 3.73's. Its not you, especially with the summer heat don't expect too much on second gear wot around 2000 rpm. Depends on the tires too. My old pzeros would get loose around 4500 rpm on second gear but evo 2's stick like a glue especially in this weather(90's). During morning though if it is 70's low 80's i can get them loose around 5000 rpm wot!

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
A lot of it is in your gearing. Looks like you have a 3.15 rear end based on your signature. That ratio will be geared more towards top speed and fuel economy, so you get less acceleration or pull, especially at lower RPMs.
Actually no his gearing is fine with the 4.17 1st gear in the auto. His problem is the tight stock converter.

Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Since you have an Auto, if you put it in Sport/Sport+ mode it will hold the RPMs slightly higher and will downshift more, as well as increase throttle sensitivity.

IMO it makes it feel alot better and faster when the RPMs are lower. Obviously I know it's not "fixing" or improving anything, but it sure makes it feel better.
Yeah I agree it feels much better with sport modes.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Lets face it, the coyote 5.0 just isn't a low end torque monster.

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
if you stomp it to the floor at 2000 rpms in second it should kick down to first gear. my 2015 did. i got a 2017 now with 3.55 gears now it revs quicker.