Best tunes for low end torque

Northern Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot GT Premium 400A
I tried asking this question earlier, but it seemed to turn into a "supercharge it" thread. I am just trying to gauge opinions on what the best tune and/or bolt on package available to increase low end torque. Budget is flexible, but not going to go SC route on a car I barely drive. Opinions?
Sponsored

miccontreras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 sports roof but wanting S550 to go with it
I've been going through a similar decision point with a lightly used stock 2016 GT PP that I recently purchased. I was planning on doing SC and may still, but I decided to keep warranty in tact for a bit longer, ensure car does OK, get familiar with it, etc. before investing too much $$$.

I think the best bang for the buck is the Ford racing power pack #2 upgrade. My local dealer quoted me the same as online pricing I've seen and I plan to have installed by my independent ASE mechanic to retain warranty. It seems like a better deal than the PP #1 and better for what I want than the PP #3.

At about $1k or less, it seems like a good pickup of 40 ft/lbs at 1500 rpm.

All of that being said, I'm new to the S550 and would appreciate any input/feedback also.

Mike

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm putting on a F150 intake in a week or two. Got it for $70.00 shipped. Add that with headers and a tune, you will pick up torque lower in the rpm band.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
id suggest you both stroll through the dyno compilation thread at the top of this section that is stickied.

you can see what mods combos put down what for numbers.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Depends where you want more torque. Is it in first and second gear? Don’t forget the stock tune has torque limiting applied in the lower gears to stop us crashing. Some tunes dial down the torque limiting. Some disable it completely. Of course this has no effect on the rolling road numbers where torque and bhp are measured in a high gear, but in real world driving it is far more noticeable than 5nm more torque in a 5th gear pull.
AED tunes have no torque limiting at all and are considered one of the best on the dyno too..
From speaking to people and comparing tunes I believe Lund and PBD retain some reduced element of torque limiting in Lowe gears but this may be configurable so don’t quote me on it.
The pp1 and pp2 tunes show better torque on the dyno in 5th and retain a Ford warranty so this might be the deal maker for you. I can’t comment on their low gear torque limiting characteristics as I don’t know anyone who runs them.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
There's no specific tunes that are made for low end torque more so than others. I suggest you talk to one of the reputable tuners out there (AED, VMP, Lund etc.) and ask them for a tune that's more aggressive down low and see what they say.

I imagine most already have their tunes as aggressive as possible across the board.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
These engines have VVT so you're getting the "best torque" down low. These are high revving "small" engines that aren't going to make a ton of torque down low.

Supercharge it if it really bothers you or buy a Camaro. Also, do some more research instead of making more threads on the same subject.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
F150 intake manifold, and whichever tuning company you chose. I would recommend Lund or Palm Beach Dyno.

Wont actually add power but you'll get a more aggressive bite down low with higher gears in the differential. 3.55 or 3.73 if you don't have them already. Will make a substantial difference to the way the car feels.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
go with a stage 1 cam! and a lund tune!!

;)

let me know if we can help
Sponsored