Love Your V6, Always.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Keep in mind the average new car bought today is WELL over the cost of a mustang GT. The V8 mustang offers incredible value. A lot of Americans do not realize how special this car really is. This is why I am so passionate about it.
I agree the 5.0 is a real bargain for the performance and looks of the car you get. People always think I paid a lot more than I did. I like the V6 in the S550 as an option too mind you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
My dream car is a Porsche GT3 with a 6 cylinder. I actually think it sounds better than most V8 engines on the road and love how high it can rev. I would take a GT3 over any mustang, camaro, corvette, or dodge product. I sold my Toyota supra for my mustang and also had a 2023 BMW M240i on order. I am not a V8 only guy, but when ford offers a V8 pony car for under 40k brand new or even less used its hard to say no for me. The overseas brands do the 4 or 6 cylinder thing better. But they all wish they could put engines like the 5.0L in there cars.

Keep in mind the average new car bought today is WELL over the cost of a mustang GT. The V8 mustang offers incredible value. A lot of Americans do not realize how special this car really is. This is why I am so passionate about it.
Yeah, met my buddy a few weeks ago for lunch. He left the restaurant first in his new GT3 RS and of course got on it as he pulled out on the highway. He wasnā€™t totally straight when he hit it so the result was spectacular to see. And the sound of that motor bumping 9,000 through every gear was sublime. I cranked up my new GT to leave and put it in track mode when a guy came over and said he had heard and seen me pull in and he much preferred my car. Going through the 6 speed on winding mountain roads on the way home it occurred to me he was right. For the money these things are unbeatable. I mean, 44K for a brand new ā€˜22 that has everything I want and nothing I donā€™t is a crazy bargain IMO.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hereā€™s a few pics of my 3.7L. As I mentioned earlier, I went with the V6 as my entry into the Mustang world (previously was a GM guy for 20+ years). Went with the V6 as a lower cost entry in case I didnā€™t care for the platform but instantly fell in love with the S550. I think the coyote sounds way better than the LS/LT motors that GM offers, so I decided now is as good a time as any to upgrade to the V8.

0E9B0656-880A-4F71-8DF5-8039B39F77E5.jpeg

5FACC983-28B4-49DB-92CE-6BEA64790E77.jpeg

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Yeah, met my buddy a few weeks ago for lunch. He left the restaurant first in his new GT3 RS and of course got on it as he pulled out on the highway. He wasnā€™t totally straight when he hit it so the result was spectacular to see. And the sound of that motor bumping 9,000 through every gear was sublime. I cranked up my new GT to leave and put it in track mode when a guy came over and said he had heard and seen me pull in and he much preferred my car. Going through the 6 speed on winding mountain roads on the way home it occurred to me he was right. For the money these things are unbeatable. I mean, 44K for a brand new ā€˜22 that has everything I want and nothing I donā€™t is a crazy bargain IMO.
Feeling/hearing the engine is such a incredible feeling. I just don`t think people realize (especially Americans) how lucky we are to get afford V8 performance cars. Rest of the world does not get this.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hereā€™s a few pics of my 3.7L. As I mentioned earlier, I went with the V6 as my entry into the Mustang world (previously was a GM guy for 20+ years). Went with the V6 as a lower cost entry in case I didnā€™t care for the platform but instantly fell in love with the S550. I think the coyote sounds way better than the LS/LT motors that GM offers, so I decided now is as good a time as any to upgrade to the V8.

0E9B0656-880A-4F71-8DF5-8039B39F77E5.jpeg

5FACC983-28B4-49DB-92CE-6BEA64790E77.jpeg
You done good on ordering the ā€˜22 GT. I sure love mine.

But I gotta say, your yellow V-6 is quite a looker!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You done good on ordering the ā€˜22 GT. I sure love mine.

But I gotta say, your yellow V-6 is quite a looker!
Thanks! I knew it would always sound like a V6 so I didnā€™t even mess with the exhaust. But no reason it canā€™t look good! Itā€™s bone stock except for a few cosmetic things. The GT Iā€™ll play around with a little more from a mod standpoint šŸ˜Ž

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I knew it would always sound like a V6 so I didnā€™t even mess with the exhaust. But no reason it canā€™t look good! Itā€™s bone stock except for a few cosmetic things. The GT Iā€™ll play around with a little more from a mod standpoint šŸ˜Ž
Please let us know what mods you do and how they work out. Strangely, not much performance talk around these parts about ā€˜22s.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Please let us know what mods you do and how they work out. Strangely, not much performance talk around these parts about ā€˜22s.
Will do. Probably not much talk about mod with the 22ā€™s specifically because there really is no change from 2018-2021, except those pesky 10hp. Wheels and tires, an h or X pipe and some other cosmetics to start. Then Iā€™ll start looking into performance stuff.

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Only V6 i like is the one in my gtrā€¦ my mustang will always be a V8. I love the sound of an angry V8

Dr Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang convertible 3.5 V6
Iā€™m 67. Iā€™ve owned at least one Mustang of every generation plus all four iterations of the Gen 1. The S-550 is the best yet.
I still own a 70 Fastback with a built 429 and a 70 Ranchero with a built 351 Cleveland. I love those carsā€¦
And I love my 2016 S-550 3.7 V6 convertible.
I initially bought a 2016 S-550 EB 4 coupe.
wanted a convertible after a yearā€¦
Yes.. The EB 4 makes a little bit more HP and even more torque than the V6 but that four cylinder was AGRICULTURAL in the sounds and NVH. Thereā€™s simply no getting away from that either..
The 3.7 is as smooth as my wifeā€™s 2006 Accord V6 as well and being a Ford /Mazda collaboration itā€™s not surprising.
Andā€¦.
Donā€™t know how many 2007 4.6 GT cars yā€™all have owned or driven but the 3.7 S-550 cars will walk all over oneā€¦
I owned one. It was definitely more fun than my 2005 4.0.
My current 3.7 with headers and a mild street tune does me just fine.
Iā€™m more into driving these days than shredding tires in smokey burnouts even in my old muscle carsā€¦

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Iā€™ve owned many desirable cars over the years, yet my 2015 V6 Mustang is one of my favorites. 7 years old and I still get looks and compliments whenever Iā€™m out. Sheā€™s being modified, painfully slowly because I canā€™t afford to do what some others can all at once. The exterior is finished, the interior needs to get done and I want to add an exhaust, headers, CAI and some suspension upgrades as well. I enjoy this car so much and I will never get rid of it. So believe me, I cherish my V6 and always will.
So glad to see you still have it! You've put so much time and care into that car! I remember it because of it also being an 051A

...The 3.7 is as smooth as my wifeā€™s 2006 Accord V6 as well and being a Ford /Mazda collaboration itā€™s not surprising.
Andā€¦.
Donā€™t know how many 2007 4.6 GT cars yā€™all have owned or driven but the 3.7 S-550 cars will walk all over oneā€¦
I owned one. It was definitely more fun than my 2005 4.0.
My current 3.7 with headers and a mild street tune does me just fine.
Iā€™m more into driving these days than shredding tires in smokey burnouts even in my old muscle carsā€¦
I'm with you on all of that. The V6 isn't a torque monster, but it accelerates beautifully, and that tach spins to redline so fast... and it's a hoot on a winding road. The front of the car is lighter than a GT and it tosses around very nicely. A guy I dated had an 07 GT, beautiful car. I had him drive my 16 V6, told him to get on it. His eyes widened and he said "Woah! Baby girl likes to play!" He had a tune and headers put on his GT the next week, lol.

It's a shame some people diss the V6. These are not the stripped-down SN95s or base S197s that we all think of. Other than having carbon fiber-looking trim on the dash, rather than the silver piece, and an early version of Synch, the interior and appointments are the same as the non-premium GTs and EBs. Autos have paddle-shifters, sport mode is a hoot, remote start, push button start, dual exhaust (real, not just outlets), track apps, limited slip diff, and adjustable steering.
Mine is an 051A. Means 160 mph rated tires on 18's, fog lamps, 6-way power seat. Mine also has a 3.55 rear end, and envy of some, lol, a factory spare.

Studied a lot before buying. I was considering an EB, or possibly a GT, but then a friend had a 15 convertible loaner. He called and asked if I wanted to drive it. It was well appointed- and when I got on it at a stop light it left a couple of good streaks of rubber. I couldn't figure out which engine it had, because it had a nice growl. It didn't sound like a 4, nor an 8, but had too much power and was too nice to be a 6. Ha! Was I wrong.

Car insurance is really high here, and although I have a clean license, and no claims in 12 years, it is $2000 a year for me. A GT would be $3000 a year.

I also found that Car& Driver had tested it with a 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, a quarter mile is 14.1 seconds @102 mph. With the 3.15 rear end. Rated at 300 hp on 87, though I use a higher octane. It just makes the car feel more lively? Eager? No stumbles, no ping or reduction in power when you are driving with 116Ā° registering on the dash. Add to that a reasonably respectable .86gs on all season tires, being able to spank stock 4.6 GTs all day long. and look good doing it..

It has gained a bit of respect with our Mustang club members. We go on cruises that are well over 100 miles, and there is a bit of "spirited" driving. One couple has a 17 GT350, and get a kick out of driving together. They always tell people that they can punch it in the Shelby, take off down the road, look back after a couple seconds, and see me catching up a few car lengths behind. They were telling some other members, and I explained it as a 3.55 limited slip and using ALL 300+ hp, lol. And being a little crazy. Catching a car isn't that hard anyway, on public roads they have to let up... :wink:

I've only put an aFe dry filter on, and Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires. After 6 years, it still gets compliments, still fun to drive, and I still look back at it every time I park it.

mustang night2.jpg

Mustang at Ford vs Ferrari.jpg

Mustang club and I shelby american (2).jpg

mustang wax.jpg

Last edited:

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
While many may have their favorite the S550 platform has had interesting engineering with the range of power plants . A few decades ago they would have been termed exotic in some circles.
Even the little 3.7 F150 base truck engine for the Fleet, rentals, and small businesses that get beat on daily . Or in the Radical RXC V6 and Ginetta G60

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
had a 2014 3.7 before i got my 5.0ā€¦yeah it was nice, engine was nice, but it was definitely slow even with a tune. over time, i grew to not really like the sound either. i had borla touring on it, and i just never floored the thing because i just didnā€™t like how it sounded. the day i placed my order for the GT, i traded it in, and didnā€™t get the 5.0 for 4 months after that. honestly i donā€™t regret trading up to the 5.0 at all. was a good car and had her for 7 years, but i really love the 5.0 so much more.
Sponsored