Love Your V6, Always.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Guys, I don’t want to get all sappy or whatever, but I feel like the v6 doesn’t get as much love as it should. I loved my 2017 Mustang. I loved the engine. The transmission. The S550 chassis is (still) a great platform. Damn I miss that car so much. What I wouldn’t do to have her back – she saved my life and for that I am grateful.

She had a crazy good tune. Pulled like hell. I had some upgraded chassis supports to stiffen it up. I had short headers that made a nice rumble. Nothing too crazy. The paint was perfect and interior immaculate.

I know some people don’t like the v6 for whatever reason. But I loved that thing to death. I know technically the i4 is better and you can’t compare it to the v8. But I just don’t have the same chemistry with this new car that I had with the old one you know?

It’s been a year since the car accident, if I am honest, I am still not over it. Everyday I just wish I was back in my old car. Every. Single. Day.

Anyway, to those who have the v6. I envy you. Hold onto them for as long as possible. Love them always.

P1022217.JPG

IMG_20210327_160043.jpg
IMG_20210626_200017.jpg
IMG_20201011_175817.jpg
20190908_130850.jpg
IMG_20210816_075043.jpg

IMG_20210816_082501.jpg

Miss you forever.
Sponsored

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
I'll keep my 5.0 in my S550, but I had a 3.7L in my S197 and I agree it was a peach of an engine that never got enough love. I'm sure lots of folks love their EB, but I think the V6 was a far superior engine.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
The cyclone was definitely under acknowledged, yes. Two extra cylinders to avoid catching (too many) punches from the "No True Mustang" crowd, two less to garner the appreciation it deserved. It's a strong engine, and sounds nice to boot. If I could find one of nice build and low mileage, I'd be tempted in a heartbeat.

Sadly, it seems they've all been well used by their owners. Can't blame them.

Sorry to hear about your V6—here's hoping you can get slotted into another one, some day.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Just voicing my honest opinion here. A large part of my love for my mustang comes from the fact it has a V8. I love the power and sound. So for me its a crazy concept buying one without a V8 engine. But I respect we all value things in a different way. I can totally understand why someone would like the V6 more than the 4 banger.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My 2016 V6 is/was my entrance into the Mustang world. It’s a great car and I will miss it. However, the coyote is calling me and I should have it sometime in September. Just something about that V8 rumble that I absolutely love and didn’t want to miss out on the coyote, not knowing what the s650 will be equipped with.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I know some people don’t like the v6 for whatever reason. But I loved that thing to death. I know technically the i4 is better and you can’t compare it to the v8.
Kinda hit the nail on the head there. It generally sounds like poop, doesn't have the same potential or torque as the 4 banger and is not a V8. It's like the redhead middle stepchild. Oh and in the older versions it was a heavy iron boat anchor.

I love me some V6s generally, have had several Hondas and GM 3800s...but for some reason the Ford engine just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't have the same smoothness as the Honda V6 or the same torqueyness as the 3800.

Last edited:

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
My 2016 V6 is/was my entrance into the Mustang world. It’s a great car and I will miss it. However, the coyote is calling me and I should have it sometime in September. Just something about that V8 rumble that I absolutely love and didn’t want to miss out on the coyote, not knowing what the s650 will be equipped with.
It's been common belief (I deign to say knowledge, but, with a reveal around the corner we'll see for sure.) that the S650's powerplants will be carried over from the S550. With electrification coming in time it's hard to see Ford making a whole new V8, and the ecoboost is adapted into most everything else in their lineup anyhow. Perhaps further iteration on the Gen 3 Coyote and maybe some extra ecoboost goodies at most.

I think the 6.8L Windsor V8 rumors are a biiit of a long shot. :crackup:

Who knows. The ol' V6 seems to cycle in and out with every other model (ish). Maybe we'll be surprised and see one last ride for the ol' cyclone.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'd take a V6 over an ecoboost any day of the week based off of not needing premium and actually sounding decent with a custom exhaust. Mine been a reliable and has treated me well.

That said, there's a reason I immediately started looking into trading up towards a V8 car after renting a GT for a few days though, lmao

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
If I hadn't wanted the V8, I might never have traded my '13 S197. Absolutely loved that car, and wish I could have her back - as long as I can keep my Coyote. ;)

1659558833522.png

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
If I hadn't wanted the V8, I might never have traded my '13 S197. Absolutely loved that car, and wish I could have her back - as long as I can keep my Coyote. ;)

1659558833522.png
I dig the painted style bar. Very nice.

O, cars long past. How we miss ye.

Sponsored

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Kinda hit the nail on the head there. It generally sounds like poop, doesn't have the same potential or torque as the 4 banger and is not a V8. It's like the redhead middle stepchild. Oh and in the older versions it was a heavy iron boat anchor.

I love me some V6s generally, have had several Hondas and GM 3800s...but for some reason the Ford engine just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't have the same smoothness as the Honda V6 or the same torqueyness as the 3800.
The 3.7 sounds a lot better than the EB, IMO.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It's been common belief (I deign to say knowledge, but, with a reveal around the corner we'll see for sure.) that the S650's powerplants will be carried over from the S550. With electrification coming in time it's hard to see Ford making a whole new V8, and the ecoboost is adapted into most everything else in their lineup anyhow. Perhaps further iteration on the Gen 3 Coyote and maybe some extra ecoboost goodies at most.

I think the 6.8L Windsor V8 rumors are a biiit of a long shot. :crackup:

Who knows. The ol' V6 seems to cycle in and out with every other model (ish). Maybe we'll be surprised and see one last ride for the ol' cyclone.
That’s very true about the coyote going into the s650, if I remember right it was still a bit of an unknown when I was getting ready to order my GT. That and I really like the s550 looks. Doesn’t hurt that the V6 will probably never be worth as much as it is these days, so capitalizing on that right now makes sense too.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
That’s very true about the coyote going into the s650, if I remember right it was still a bit of an unknown when I was getting ready to order my GT. That and I really like the s550 looks. Doesn’t hurt that the V6 will probably never be worth as much as it is these days, so capitalizing on that right now makes sense too.
Aye, I'll be waiting with bated breath for the 650. If it looks anything like Chazcron's depictions it may be right up my alley. And if so, well... we'll see. 😉

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
OP, get online and go buy another v6 if you miss your first one that bad. They are out there, and can probably be had for a good deal these days since everyone is chasing a 5.0 or EcOboOst.

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
This post makes my heart hurt so I’ll get sappy with you, OP. I’m so sorry you lost your baby and I totally get why you’d miss her. Those crash pictures are painful to look at.

I honestly don’t care what she had under the hood, cars just…I dunno. They’re with us through so much and I don’t think people (in general) realize/appreciate it? And she totally saved your life judging by the intensity of the crash, too. Wow.

I may just be a sentimental fool but I’ve loved every car I’ve owned and shed tears with each goodbye (I’ve only had three and am not a “car flipper” so each one has been with me through thick and thin). I know I will again at the end of the year when it’s time to trade in my trusty, reliable Civic that has gotten me to work every day without fail, listened to all my terrible singing, taken me on many road trips, and helped me get through my divorce when I needed to get away. I’ll miss her.

But my Mustang will be so spoiled like one of my pets (I have no kids). I will probably never get rid of her, honestly, as buying her for myself means more to me than I’m sure most care to know about here lol. She’ll be retired eventually but will graduate to Garage Queen one day, if I’m lucky!

Anyway. I get you and I really love that photo with the flowers. 🌸 I can tell how much you loved that car just from the quality of the ”portraits” you took when you had her. I hope you can “learn to love” your new car just as much someday!
Sponsored