Lost oil filter access door!!!!

JimDinSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/ 2014 Camry SE/ 2012 Kawasaki Concours
Hi everyone! First post besides the registry here. I changed the oil last weekend to discover that the oil filter access door was missing. This was the first time I had the car on jacks so I don't know if it was missing when I bought the car 2 months ago or not.
Does anyone know of a place I can purchase the access door?
I have found complete under tray assemblies that are somewhat reasonable but I would rather not waste money buying what I don't need. Here is the Ford description and part reference if anyone else needs it:
upload_2019-12-2_17-52-7.png
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
For something relatively simple like that I would probably just go to the parts desk and see if they can't get you one without having to buy a whole under engine tray. I hope they can do that for you without trying to stick you with the whole subassembly.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
You could also check with a wrecking yard that parts out late model Mustangs. I'm sure there is a damaged tray with the door intact somewhere.

OP
OP
JimDinSC

JimDinSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
For something relatively simple like that I would probably just go to the parts desk and see if they can't get you one without having to buy a whole under engine tray. I hope they can do that for you without trying to stick you with the whole subassembly.
A call to the local dealership resulted in being told I had to but the whole tray, unfortunately.

OP
OP
JimDinSC

JimDinSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
You could also check with a wrecking yard that parts out late model Mustangs. I'm sure there is a damaged tray with the door intact somewhere.
I have made some calls and waiting to hear back. I have not found a wrecked GT350 near me so far. Worse case scenario, I may make one from a sheet of ABS.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Call Autonation White Bear Lake Parts tomorrow. 1 800 328-9552
If it's available by itself, they'll set you up.
If it is, please get the part number and post it here if you don't mind :like:, Thanks!!

OP
OP
JimDinSC

JimDinSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Call Autonation White Bear Lake Parts tomorrow. 1 800 328-9552
If it's available by itself, they'll set you up.
If it is, please get the part number and post it here if you don't mind :like:, Thanks!!
Thanks! I will call them in the morning.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Know anyone with a 3D printer?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I would just take it to your Ford Dealer, meet with the salesman and say hey, was checking out the car and this part is missing...

I mean why not - it’s a new car and it shouldn’t be missing... what’s the worse that happens, they say go scratch and you’re in the same situation of out of pocket cost?

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hi everyone! First post besides the registry here. I changed the oil last weekend to discover that the oil filter access door was missing. This was the first time I had the car on jacks so I don't know if it was missing when I bought the car 2 months ago or not.
Does anyone know of a place I can purchase the access door?
I have found complete under tray assemblies that are somewhat reasonable but I would rather not waste money buying what I don't need. Here is the Ford description and part reference if anyone else needs it:
upload_2019-12-2_17-52-7.png
Give these guys a try - they seem to have an extensive supply of recycled GT350 parts: https://www.ebay.com/str/midwaymustang

OP
OP
JimDinSC

JimDinSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the suggestions and help with my lost access door. None of the suppliers panned out for just the door. The complete under-tray is available but with shipping your looking at almost $400.00
My plan now is to keep scouring the used car parts and Ebay sources but I will be making a replacement out of a panel of ABS plastic. I know it probably doesn't matter if the door is there or not but I have this OCD issue so....... :)
Thanks again everyone. I will post some pictures of the fabricated door soon.

Jim

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Well that's the pits. I had excellent experiences with Ford counter part guys and miserable experiences. You would think they would want to support the customer base better.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I got the complete underbelly used for $250 pick up in southern California. I can just sell you the access door for $100 shipped.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thanks for all the suggestions and help with my lost access door. None of the suppliers panned out for just the door. The complete under-tray is available but with shipping your looking at almost $400.00
My plan now is to keep scouring the used car parts and Ebay sources but I will be making a replacement out of a panel of ABS plastic. I know it probably doesn't matter if the door is there or not but I have this OCD issue so....... :)
Thanks again everyone. I will post some pictures of the fabricated door soon.

Jim
I got the complete underbelly used for $250 pick up in southern California. I can just sell you the access door for $100 shipped.
Talk him down to $50 and offer the pay shipping:clap: Make sure he includes the fastener :cwl:

Crazy the door’s not offered separately...
Sponsored

Last edited: