2019 Gt
OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Yeah, I know. I was reffering to the link that was posted on the calimer trans they only have 15 to 17 versions. I need the d4. I already called Ben and he doesn't have any 18 and up cores in stock. Does anybody know how to modify the bowler harness that comes with the t56 swap kit from lethal? There is a disclaimer saying that basically your on your own to get the rev matching part to work

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The problem with the magnum
the Magnum is a trivial swap on 15-17 cars, some work for 18 provided you don't have rev-match, and don't bother on 19+

OP, why do you want a D4? Your profile says you have a '17. Maybe update it, eh?
The best answer for you is to buy a Mach 1 Tremec or another used D4.

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Here's off the lethal site:

Screenshot_20210216-133238_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
the Magnum is a trivial swap on 15-17 cars, some work for 18 provided you don't have rev-match, and don't bother on 19+

OP, why do you want a D4? Your profile says you have a '17. Maybe update it, eh?
The best answer for you is to buy a Mach 1 Tremec or another used D4.
I need to update my profile. My current car is a 19 gt mt, which is why I need the d4. The older version I can find everywhere and would be an easy fix. I guess calimer built mt82 it is

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
So the final ā€œanswerā€ was related to the shift fork - but I guess the initial info I posted was somehow different from the ā€œotherā€ source.

LMFAO.

You see, the problem is this - people think just because a SSM or a TSB specifies a certain year range that the SSM or TSB is ā€˜gospelā€™ AND is only ā€˜specificā€™ to those years listed. The issue is, itā€™s NOT and the same issue in such a SSM or TSB could be present in other similar models or components AFTER that document was distributed. Itā€™s been proven time and time again.

Another example:
VCT issues - sure the damn SSM or TSB has a certain model year range, but the issue is present in models OUTSIDE of the range.

Another:
IMRC issues - again same damn thing.

Another:
Trans spacer plate noise - again same damn thing where thereā€™s a SSM for it for only a certain model, YET itā€™s been proven to be an issue across MANY Ford products.

Shall we keep going?

So before you want to doubt factual info that was provided - maybe take some time to read the facts throughout the forum to see that the issue presented had prior like or similar failures reported by other members - even if it was outside of the so called range and is immediately assumed ā€œit doesnā€™t apply to meā€.

ā€”-

Also, just because a vehicle has been modified does not mean itā€™s an instant decline for Warranty work. As that too has been discussed and outlined many times on this site (and others) that in order for the repair to be declined for warranty - the ā€œbreakā€ or ā€œproblemā€ has to be directly correlated to the modification. In your case - a modification of going from N/A to supercharging the engine has nothing to do with the transmission. Have you yourself proven that your 12k mileage vehicle with the supercharger was the direct result of the Trans problems? We can go on for eons back and forth arguing this specific topic....

Too many people are push overs when it comes to taking their car in for warranty work with the whole damn ā€œI ainā€™t letting the service center touch my car because of XYZ I heard on forum ABCā€ - or automatically assume just because they have a mod or several, they have no chance of getting warranty work done. If you went to one Dealer and had a bad experience 1x, GO TO ANOTHER.

Guess what, I had shitty warranty experience at 1 Dealer with my prior 2016. You know what I did? I called Ford Corp, complained, got the Franchise Owners name - scheduled an appt with that Feanchise Ownerā€™s Daughter who runs the joint - met her, on a professional level told her what I thought of her Dealership, Service Center and the experience I had there and NEVER went back. I went to another Ford franchise where Iā€™ve not had one issue with ANYTHING.

IMO - you knew modifying the car was adding power - which yes, more power can add stress to components - BUT was the added engine power the DIRECT cause of the TRANS parts failure? Has anyone proven that other than assuming it? If the Trans has components that are KNOWN to fail, itā€™s quite possible your Trans had those parts, which failed regardless IF the car was N/A or now supercharged.

Guess what, just because you have a ā€œ2019ā€ doesnā€™t mean itā€™s built with ā€œ2019ā€ parts. Whatā€™s your BUILD DATE, do you even know or know where to look? A 2019 could be a late 2018 and so forth. Does anyone think just because there is a SSM or TSB that Ford goes running around pulling the zillions of parts they ordered from the vendor and doesnā€™t use them??? LMFAO -yea and pigs fly.

Thereā€™s options available to all of us - use them.

ā€œRandom Folksā€ have advice, they gave it, the responses arenā€™t acceptable, then hit up another forum.

End.
Thats a long post. Bottom line i don't care if ford will cover it i will eventually have the same failure again, otherwise I doubt calimer would have such good business repairing forks. I would rather pay for something I know is built properly and to handle the added stress. When I bought my car and started modding it I accepted that if anything happens to the power train I would pay out of pocket to beef it up. You seem like a smart person thanks for taking the time to type that out

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
There is a thread on the forum about getting rev-matching to work on non-D4 xmsn cars. Afaik no one has figured it out yet. Same with getting non-D4 xmsn to work in 2019+ cars. If you do it you would be the first.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
This makes absolutely no sense. I'm desperate to hear why 18+ owners would have to delete Magneride if they want a T56 trans.

*** PP2 or PP1 + magneride cars will not be able to utilize this system without deleting magneride. This requires extensive modification. Please contact us if you're interested in doing so ***

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I believe that the active exhaust magnaride and reverse match would all not work if that electrical connection on the back of the trans wasn't hooked up. If it was plug and play with no codes I would definitely go t56 but seems like right now nobody has that figured out.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
LS_Eater told me that he has a T56 Magnum in his 2018 GT. He had some issues with his MT-82 D4, had it replaced and a while later did the swap. Try reaching out to him on his YT channel for more info.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
LS_Eater told me that he has a T56 Magnum in his 2018 GT. He had some issues with his MT-82 D4, had it replaced and a while later did the swap. Try reaching out to him on his YT channel for more info.
2018 may not be a problem. 2019 introduced rev-match, the xmsn has a sensor located on the upper left side that transmits gear selection information to the PCM through 6 wires.

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
The research i did also showed some early 18 gts the swap was fine, also depended on options. If they wanna sell t56s to us 18 and up guys and make it a direct swap with all electronics working and I think more guys would run them. I know I would

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
the shitty shift forks I think were only on the early 18 models. They corrected / redesigned and started shipping mustangs with the improved forks shortly after. I believe any 2019+ ones are fine.

Arent you supposed to also upgrade the transmission and like driveline parts when doing power adders?
My car is a 2018, it looks like it was made in 01/18 accourding to the sticker on the driver's side door-jam.
Do you know the date/vin range that the redesign applies to?

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
i dont. but im sure someone on here does, and your dealer certainly should.
Sponsored