Lost 3rd gear and reverse! Mt82

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Calimer said the no reverse is due to the 3rd gear shift fork breaking. I'm going to say he has more insite on whats going on then some random guy on a forum. But I could be wrong
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Calimer said the no reverse is due to the 3rd gear shift fork breaking. I'm going to say he has more insite on whats going on then some random guy on a forum. But I could be wrong
And yet you came to a forum asking random people for ideas.

SMH

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt

SMH
Yes, that was before I called and talked to Ben, in case you missed that part SMH

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
near as I can tell nobody is disputing Calimer's arms length assessment. The points being raised had to do with Ford honoring (or not) the powertrain warranty to duck having to pay for the repair THEY caused by bad engineering/manufacturing. Any broken trans where it concerns shift mechanism and not wear parts for 15-18 cars should be an automatic no-questions-asked warranty repair/replacement. But Ford (corporate) has little/no integrity.

So the next time some jackwad accountant says to cut corners to save a couple bucks, management in conjunction with engineering will have justification to beat said accountant to death and hang his carcass from the flag pole as a warning.

Sponsored

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Even if ford would replace it under warranty I wouldn't bother anyways because it will eventually happen again. I think we can all agree that mistakes were made and still being made with the mt82

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I didn't miss anything. Not even you getting snarky with with people offering ideas, ideas that you asked for.
If you're not going to help then don't bother posting

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I responded to a snarky comment with a snarky comment. Whats your problem?

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt

SMH
I responded to this with a fairly normal response. Get out of my thread if you don't care to help

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It certainly could be a broken/bent fork too, but it's surprising you still can shift into any other gear besides 3rd and reverse despite that.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So I posted the link to the Stage 2 parts:

https://ampdistributing.com/collect...-5-0-gt-boss-mt82-6-speed-stage-2-rebuild-kit

However you can't buy shift forks so if Ben is offering different shift forks it may be worth it. But 3500$ is very close to 5000$ for a Magnum XL.

You have a number of routes going forword:

1. Buy new D4 MT82 from Ford (3500-3800$ without core). And you will need a new clutch etc.

2. New D4 MT82 Stage 2 rebuild (3800$+900$ + labor). And new clutch etc.

3. Magnum XL 5000$ And you will need new clutch etc.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...ansmission-swap-kit-2015-2017-mustang-gt.html

If I were you I will probably go the Magnum XL route.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So the final “answer” was related to the shift fork - but I guess the initial info I posted was somehow different from the “other” source.

LMFAO.

You see, the problem is this - people think just because a SSM or a TSB specifies a certain year range that the SSM or TSB is ‘gospel’ AND is only ‘specific’ to those years listed. The issue is, it’s NOT and the same issue in such a SSM or TSB could be present in other similar models or components AFTER that document was distributed. It’s been proven time and time again.

Another example:
VCT issues - sure the damn SSM or TSB has a certain model year range, but the issue is present in models OUTSIDE of the range.

Another:
IMRC issues - again same damn thing.

Another:
Trans spacer plate noise - again same damn thing where there’s a SSM for it for only a certain model, YET it’s been proven to be an issue across MANY Ford products.

Shall we keep going?

So before you want to doubt factual info that was provided - maybe take some time to read the facts throughout the forum to see that the issue presented had prior like or similar failures reported by other members - even if it was outside of the so called range and is immediately assumed “it doesn’t apply to me”.

—-

Also, just because a vehicle has been modified does not mean it’s an instant decline for Warranty work. As that too has been discussed and outlined many times on this site (and others) that in order for the repair to be declined for warranty - the “break” or “problem” has to be directly correlated to the modification. In your case - a modification of going from N/A to supercharging the engine has nothing to do with the transmission. Have you yourself proven that your 12k mileage vehicle with the supercharger was the direct result of the Trans problems? We can go on for eons back and forth arguing this specific topic....

Too many people are push overs when it comes to taking their car in for warranty work with the whole damn “I ain’t letting the service center touch my car because of XYZ I heard on forum ABC” - or automatically assume just because they have a mod or several, they have no chance of getting warranty work done. If you went to one Dealer and had a bad experience 1x, GO TO ANOTHER.

Guess what, I had shitty warranty experience at 1 Dealer with my prior 2016. You know what I did? I called Ford Corp, complained, got the Franchise Owners name - scheduled an appt with that Feanchise Owner’s Daughter who runs the joint - met her, on a professional level told her what I thought of her Dealership, Service Center and the experience I had there and NEVER went back. I went to another Ford franchise where I’ve not had one issue with ANYTHING.

IMO - you knew modifying the car was adding power - which yes, more power can add stress to components - BUT was the added engine power the DIRECT cause of the TRANS parts failure? Has anyone proven that other than assuming it? If the Trans has components that are KNOWN to fail, it’s quite possible your Trans had those parts, which failed regardless IF the car was N/A or now supercharged.

Guess what, just because you have a “2019” doesn’t mean it’s built with “2019” parts. What’s your BUILD DATE, do you even know or know where to look? A 2019 could be a late 2018 and so forth. Does anyone think just because there is a SSM or TSB that Ford goes running around pulling the zillions of parts they ordered from the vendor and doesn’t use them??? LMFAO -yea and pigs fly.

There’s options available to all of us - use them.

“Random Folks” have advice, they gave it, the responses aren’t acceptable, then hit up another forum.

End.

Last edited:
OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
So I posted the link to the Stage 2 parts:

https://ampdistributing.com/collect...-5-0-gt-boss-mt82-6-speed-stage-2-rebuild-kit

However you can't buy shift forks so if Ben is offering different shift forks it may be worth it. But 3500$ is very close to 5000$ for a Magnum XL.

You have a number of routes going forword:

1. Buy new D4 MT82 from Ford (3500-3800$ without core). And you will need a new clutch etc.

2. New D4 MT82 Stage 2 rebuild (3800$+900$ + labor). And new clutch etc.

3. Magnum XL 5000$ And you will need new clutch etc.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...ansmission-swap-kit-2015-2017-mustang-gt.html

If I were you I will probably go the Magnum XL route.
The problem with the magnum is that I don't believe they have a solution to the rev matching connection in the trans which also effects active exhaust magneride ect.. could be wrong about that
Sponsored