Sponsored

Loose Rear-end Sensation (especially when accelerating)

OP
OP
JayHij

JayHij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 2.3L Turbo Premium Mustang Convertible (almost FBO and FP Tune)
@Bluelightning I don't know man! I thought I had professionals working on this. To be honest it has been a huge struggle (in regards to the stangs, its all about beamers and porsche's here) for me out here since moving back to SoCal (im a Cali native, but had been in Southeast Michigan for the past 10 years). I knew best people over there to get work done.

@krishelnino yup, thats exactly when it happened for me as well. As soon as I installed the steeda control arms, and bumpsteer kit.

@Dr. Norts Need to find a place asap to take it to, but I would love more feedback from all of you. Don't want to go in blind, like I have been.

@Rjames18 No Fun! And you live and you learn, honestly up until now, I had loved the changes, and how the car drove. Loved every minuted behind the wheel. Im sure with the right shop, and some help from the gang here, we can get things right.

@2017GBGTPP Thanks for the link! Any idea what something like should cost to install?

@Ecoboosted Thanks for the info, thats definitely worth looking into. I will add to the items of things to check (along with axel bolts)

So again thanks everyone for the feedback. I want to start with getting the right alignment.

So based on what you guys have said, it's obvious something is off. Can you guys give me some real numbers/suggestions to give to the next person that does the alignment. ?

I found this on the another thread on Mustang6g:
Street Handling JPEG.jpg
Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Weird. I got a Steeda bumpsteer kit, and ultralite springs and an alignment all at once and my 2018 GT didn't experience that problem a few people mentioned with the steering. My car feels really planted and quick to turn in, with no body roll and no bouncing.

Wonder if it's the control arms themselves or the combo of the bumpsteer kit?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Steering stuck=bumpsteer kit over travel and binding.

Sloppy rear end=you were right about axle nuts coming loose especially after someone had them off doing all the other parts they did, and don’t put new nuts on. Easy to check yourself. Take tires off, auto parts store 32mm socket and breaker bar. They should be extremely tight. 150+ft lbs.

That alignment job is pretty sloppy. There’s no reason you can’t dial in things within .01 degrees other than just too lazy to take the time.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Check out the mounting of the rear Pan Hard Bar if this baby is loose or worse yet the bracket welds are cracked or broken you will experience that sensation like the wheels are swaying side to side or like the rear is sliding back away from the car.
I am not saying this is your problem but check it out. The dealer missed a cracked PHB bracket on my 2011 GT and it almost killed me at 60 MPH. Been there done that.
S550 doesn’t have panhard bar.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
You are correct sir! I forgot about the change to independent suspension In the 2018 model year.

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Weird. I got a Steeda bumpsteer kit, and ultralite springs and an alignment all at once and my 2018 GT didn't experience that problem a few people mentioned with the steering. My car feels really planted and quick to turn in, with no body roll and no bouncing.

Wonder if it's the control arms themselves or the combo of the bumpsteer kit?
Do you have spacers at the front ?

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
JayHij

JayHij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
When I had my 15 GT non PP. I hated the floaty feeling that car had. I installed the Ford Track Pack Suspension. When I gave it hard throttle the back end felt very loose from side to side. Could never figure out what it was until my right rear hub bearings needed to be replaced. Brought it to the dealer who replaced the hub with a new one. The car was fine after that. I don’t think i torqued that hub properly. Hindsight is 20/20 lol
Hey @Ecoboosted how much did this install cost you ? I am still warrantied, but I am guessing they would deny it, since my car is lowered. But I called some dealers near me, one quoted me $1600 at one, and about $1300 at the other.. the parts themselves are $150 each.

How much did it cost you for the install?

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Get under your car if you can from the front and take a picture of your bumpsteer shim stack / front control arms.

Curious what they've got it looking like.

OP
OP
JayHij

JayHij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Aright peeps, took it to a different shop. These dudes were cool, and seemed knowledgeable, but who the heck knows!

But they were welcoming, and let me inspect the car with them right off the bat. I dove the car myself onto the lift, and we all looked under at the same time... and holy crap..

First off, the bolt for left rear control arm was pretty much about to come off. The tech said, he believes this was a mistake and that someone forgot to screw this back on properly (he did not believe it could have happened on its own, especially since the right side was good, and yes he was awake of Fords having one time screws, and their issues).

Not a few moments after that, in an expletive manner, they asked who the F*** did your alignment lol

The tires were worn only from the inside, and it was so bad only the inner side of the tires were warm, the outside was cool to the point where basically it showed no sign of use (I had driven about 70 miles from work to the shop).

These guys don't do alignments themselves, but have a shop that does. Monday were going to correct the alignment., and in the process they are going to check for other things just in case. I will keep you all posted, and any further alignment suggestions than was has been suggested already, please let me know..

Is the BMI guidance a good place to start/reference?

Pictures attached:
loose screw.JPG
left tire.JPG
right tire.JPG

Last edited:

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Did tightening that bolt make a difference?

OP
OP
JayHij

JayHij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Did tightening that bolt make a difference?
I did not drive immediately after that, left it at the shop, for them do the alignment Monday.
Sponsored