Sponsored

Looking for Track wheels - 19 x 11 et52: Apex SM 10. (black)

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
When I swapped wheels from 19 to 18’s, for the exact reasons you quote, I was struggling with top end speed.. VIR and Road Atlanta specifically. Rear gearing was 373’s.. so I swapped to a 355 rear end.. but this hasn’t solved some of the acceleration and speed issues.

A NA Gen2 2015 engine and MT box has its limitations…. Tuning has elevated the rev limit to 7k, which is met in 5th 1:1 gearing of the 2015.

Also…. The old saying of 19” tires being scarce and expensive no longer applies.
I just picked up 4 295/30/19 Toyo RR’s for just over $1,000.
No track days planned until spring 2024, so I have time to play with setup.

hope that answers your question.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
A 19" rim will be heavier than an 18", especially when adding an inch to the width on the 19.
Sure, I understand that, but 19 inch 11 wheel gives you access to much better selection of track focused tires as far as I can see.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sure, I understand that, but 19 inch 11 wheel gives you access to much better selection of track focused tires as far as I can see.
Yeah, I don't know, I would say an 18" wheel gives one the best options for tires. If OP is looking for track focused set up's, that is the route I would go. But maybe I missed a post along the way explaining why.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Steeda has Trident 19x11 wheels on sale at a great price, and if you buy RR's from trackdaytire with their discount, you will be at $2k.
I saw them in person at Road Atlanta over the weekend. Not too bad looking

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
When I swapped wheels from 19 to 18’s, for the exact reasons you quote, I was struggling with top end speed.. VIR and Road Atlanta specifically. Rear gearing was 373’s.. so I swapped to a 355 rear end.. but this hasn’t solved some of the acceleration and speed issues.

A NA Gen2 2015 engine and MT box has its limitations…. Tuning has elevated the rev limit to 7k, which is met in 5th 1:1 gearing of the 2015.

Also…. The old saying of 19” tires being scarce and expensive no longer applies.

damn. I picked up a 3.55 rear to help with gearing especially with the plan to move to 18s. I shift at 7300 so maybe that will help.

Also, cant go wrong with SM10! I have the staggered offset, but after doing one tire rotation, im trying to find a +52 pair to get rid of the +24 fronts.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Ahh, this makes more sense. I thought (To be fair, I just read it in passing, and I could be completely wrong) redline was still like 7000 on those years bone stock? I think the car peak HP was around 6500?

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Ahh, this makes more sense. I thought (To be fair, I just read it in passing, and I could be completely wrong) redline was still like 7000 on those years bone stock? I think the car peak HP was around 6500?
1700658950483.jpeg

My Tune actually took the limit closer to 7300.. And I have bounced it a few times in 5th... (1:1 gear)

Couple that to a rather handy editable Excel sheet:
axle worksheet.xlsx

Shows 150mph in 5th using 18's and swapped 3.55 gearing hits 7200rpm...
Not so good to have many excursions to the limit at WOT..

Attachments

Last edited:

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I don't know, I would say an 18" wheel gives one the best options for tires. If OP is looking for track focused set up's, that is the route I would go. But maybe I missed a post along the way explaining why.
18's and 19's are about the same in terms of tire selection.
Prices seem to be slightly better on 18's and if you're looking for slicks, 18's are the only answer but hey - the Goodyear 3R (fastest street tire) only comes in 19.

whatisgrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Does anyone have anything similar for sale - Track only wheels...?
I have what you are looking for but they are bronze. I'm moving to a 11.5" wheel so I'd be open to selling. As they sit wrapped in RT660 with 1 weekend at Barber now and oem GT350 tpms.

71875262949__E93AF4EC-FFD7-49DF-8D32-7D36C4E11ECE.jpg

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Also, cant go wrong with SM10! I have the staggered offset, but after doing one tire rotation, im trying to find a +52 pair to get rid of the +24 fronts.
I just ordered sm-10's in the staggered offset configuration and they should arrive today, I plan on running the wheels as my daily wheels if that changes anything, and you say you're looking to switch offset. Is there a big reason why your switching it, and what does it take to run 52 offset on both front and rear. I still have the opportunity to switch, so i'm curious if it's the right decision to exchange while I still can.
[/QUOTE]
They were my daily/street wheels. I used to have a separate set for track only. I just rather to not have to pay it go through the effort of remounting tires to rotate front to rear.

Apex has a fitment guide on their site that tells you what is required for each size.

Extended wheel studs and at least a 25mm slip on spacer

5.openthrottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I just ordered sm-10's in the staggered offset configuration and they should arrive today, I plan on running the wheels as my daily wheels if that changes anything, and you say you're looking to switch offset. Is there a big reason why your switching it, and what does it take to run 52 offset on both front and rear. I still have the opportunity to switch, so i'm curious if it's the right decision to exchange while I still can.
They were my daily/street wheels. I used to have a separate set for track only. I just rather to not have to pay it go through the effort of remounting tires to rotate front to rear.

Apex has a fitment guide on their site that tells you what is required for each size.

[/QUOTE]
(sorry for the double post, thought i messed up the first time) are you recommending that I exchange and run a full on square setup, or do you think it doesn't matter all that much?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

(sorry for the double post, thought i messed up the first time) are you recommending that I exchange and run a full on square setup, or do you think it doesn't matter all that much?
[/QUOTE]

i prefer square offsets but I know everybody has their opinion on spacers. If it’s just for street I believe you are fine. Because you’ll drive your current rotation for x number of miles then you can swap side to side for another number of miles. If you don’t drive it every day your tires will last. And at that point you can rotate them front to back. Just a preference thing. It’s just staggered offsets so the same size tire is on all corners.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
18's and 19's are about the same in terms of tire selection.
What size in 18 has same tire selection as 305/30/19? I've been playing with this on tirerack, but I just don't find anything close in terms of tire variety. Not talking about used slicks.
i prefer square offsets but I know everybody has their opinion on spacers. If it’s just for street I believe you are fine
I use spacers on track, will I not be fine? 😄

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been playing with this on tirerack,
Probably first mistake. Trackdaytire.com and some other sites have better listings. You'd think Tirerack would have everything but no ...
Sponsored

Last edited: