Sponsored

Looking for Track wheels - 19 x 11 et52: Apex SM 10. (black)

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Pondering:
Current 'Black Friday' offer from Apex brings the price down by $400 for the set.
Looking to get back to 19" rims instead of the current EC-7 18 x 10's, with 295 squared.

I am running Toyo RR's, so the whole package is just north of $3k. Anyone runs this config.? Any issues clearing Coilovers, inner fenders. Will have 25mm spacers up front.
I would have taken one of the set's on sale last week - but were in CA and sold quickly.
Does anyone have anything similar for sale - Track only wheels...?
Sponsored

Turbeau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 M1 HP 6SPD JFG
After extensive research I grabbed a set of the 19x11 SM-10RS with Cup 2’s on my 22 Mach. With 25mm spacers and long studs you won’t have any rubbing. You will need to run negative camber. I believe on the Apex site they suggest -2.8deg. If you don’t want spacers (stock studs) you’ll be staggered and cannot rotate. Apex also offers that option. There are a ton of good Black Friday deals on wheels floating around. Depending on your budget it shouldn’t be difficult to snag a set of wheels at a good price.!

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Turdeau - I already have -3deg Camber up front, extended studs and 25mm spacers.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Pondering:
Current 'Black Friday' offer from Apex brings the price down by $400 for the set.
Looking to get back to 19" rims instead of the current EC-7 18 x 10's, with 295 squared.

I am running Toyo RR's, so the whole package is just north of $3k. Anyone runs this config.? Any issues clearing Coilovers, inner fenders. Will have 25mm spacers up front.
I would have taken one of the set's on sale last week - but were in CA and sold quickly.
Hey this is Junior from Project 6GR, we offer 19x11 square or staggered. If you have any questions regarding fitment feel free to give us a call we would be glad to help.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Pondering:

Steeda has Trident 19x11 wheels on sale at a great price, and if you buy RR's from trackdaytire with their discount, you will be at $2k.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I'm also contemplating the Apex 19x11 SM-10 (flow-formed not forged) as a staggered setup. Can anyone share their experience with them?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
They look a bitch to clean.. But a good price..! 🤔
Do you still clean track wheels? 😄

I did ceramic coating on mine when they were new and cleaning has been ok so far - hit them with a wheel cleaner and pressure wash after few minutes. Gloc pads dust washes off reasonably easy. These wheels are easier to maintain compared to stock PP1's.

As far as track driving, I've been using these for couple hpde seasons, they've been holding up fine so far, except for wheel caps that fly away presumably when hitting curbs. Not a big deal for track set and I can replace them with stock pony caps that don't have this issue. I really like the fact that these wheels can take stock size lug nuts, I don't need to have multiple nuts sets when switching between street and track wheels. Otherwise, they are typical flow formed wheels made in China, just like about any other option. For that sale price, I would buy them again without hesitation.

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
As far as track driving, I've been using these for couple hpde seasons, they've been holding up fine
I see they are ET53.. Not so different to Apex offsets.
Do you run 25mm spacers on front - Nothing on rear..? And fender rubbing..? Lowered..?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Just curious, why do you want to go to a heavier wheel, with harder to find tires in few sizes?
What do you mean? 11 wheels are optimal for 305/30/19 tires which is the size with best selection of tires.
These specific Toyo RR tires do not exist in 305 size, but 295 works just fine, and at $250 per tire there is nothing else that comes close as far as the cost.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What do you mean? 11 wheels are optimal for 305/30/19 tires which is the size with best selection of tires.
These specific Toyo RR tires do not exist in 305 size, but 295 works just fine, and at $250 per tire there is nothing else that comes close as far as the cost.
A 19" rim will be heavier than an 18", especially when adding an inch to the width on the 19.
Sponsored