Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of Cup2 variances. The 350r has different cups then the standard GT350 ( FP marked ). those are a bit more tame for street driving, all are compounded differently. Same with the PS4s, just something to keep in mind as you shop for tires.
If you track the car you'll be burning them, try different ones out, you might hate PS4s after or love them( feels lazy after using some others but predictable)
Definitely try Goodyear Supercar 3s and Continental has a new tire that's really good.
Sponsored

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Don't forget that Michelin also make a Sport Cup 2R tyre that is more track focused than the Sport Cup 2 tyre fitted to HP cars, faster track time and an option for a totally track only tyre set.

My car is supercharged and with 800Hp Cup 2 tyres on road have been reassuring in handling the torque/power although living in a non-winter climate I don't have worries about cold weather tyre grip problems, 4S simply spin constantly. Managed 12 months on Cup 2's and 10,000 miles plus 1 track day of 5 x 20 minute full throttle sessions and although I have tread left they have gone off and need replacing.
Lots of Cup2 variances. The 350r has different cups then the standard GT350 ( FP marked ). those are a bit more tame for street driving, all are compounded differently. Same with the PS4s, just something to keep in mind as you shop for tires.
If you track the car you'll be burning them, try different ones out, you might hate PS4s after or love them( feels lazy after using some others but predictable)
Definitely try Goodyear Supercar 3s and Continental has a new tire that's really good.
https://motoiq.com/not-all-michelin-cup-2-tires-are-created-the-same/

samuelesm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP, 08 Hyundai Azera, 00 Honda S2000
SC3 in 305 on the rear is just fine. Buy thru USAA membership for 20-30% off Goodyear.
Wow, that's really good to know! Thanks!
Just went to see if they had any online, but it said there weren't any in stock and to contact a store. Can you apply this discount to a dealer too?

Also, do you think 305's fit fine on 20x11 fronts?
Thanks!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Also, do you think 305's fit fine on 20x11 fronts?
you might need some extra offset depending on rub. Or just let it rub at full lock since on the track you never use that much steering angle except in the paddock doing <5mph.

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I bought an HP M1, so had the set of cup 2’s but ordered the non-HP wheels and put 265/285 PS4S tires on for the street. Did my first 2 track days on the street setup, it was cold, and the last 4 on the HP wheels. On one of the track days, the HP setup was really great but I drive 2 hours to the track, and they kinda suck on old roads and wet conditions. I just installed PS4S tires on the HP wheels for next season, for me, a couple of seconds of lap time isn’t worth the down side of getting to/from the track.

Sponsored

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
My recommendation is to keep buying used, low mile Cup2s from forum members until the other track tires get back in stock. I've had SC3 tires on order since June and as of early August, according to Goodyear, there was still no timeline for another production run of this tire. Low mile, i.e. less than 500 mile Cup2s are running $800 to $1,000 per set. I just bought a set from another forum member with 57 miles on them. You'll be hard pressed to find new track tires from a dealer at that price.

JackWagon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
05'F150, 10' T4R, 22' Mach 1 HP, 69'Chevelle
Ill give you a deal on my 527 mile Cup 2's :fistbump: