Looking for Opinions / Input

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So last week I finally purchased a 2nd vehicle and the mustang is now my fun car. I'll probably drive both about equally, but the truck will be mostly for commuting back and forth to work while the mustang will be more local driving.

So I have a decision to make on what, if anything, I should do and am looking for input.

I'm considering the following:
I've pretty much got the car's appearance where I want it so I won't list all the mods here as that is not relevant. The car is a 2016 PP GT manual with 72K miles. I'm meticulous about car maintenance and have no issues with the car nor do I feel like it's been abused.

Performance wise, I have an CIA, H-Pipe and axel back all Roush and a Lund 93 tune.

What I'm considering:
1) Leave the car as is: This obviously cost nothing and probably gives me the longest life

2) 18 Manifold: This is the cheapest option I'm considering and realize I'd have to get the tune modified along with it

3) 18 Manifold with E85: I don't know much about E85, I do know that I probably won't want to deal with running the tank empty when switching so I suspect I would need fuel system upgrades to go along with a new tune. Side note: what kind of power increase am I looking at with this mod. Finally, yes E85 is readily available for me.

4) FI System: If I went with this option it would be a procharger or 1 of similar type. This is obviously the most expensive upgrade and would probably take me a year to save up (I won't go into debt for car upgrades). Additionally, I create the problem or needing to improve other things like oil pump gears, better clutch, etc. and the cost associated with it. If I go this route, I'd be shooting for the 650 - 700 hp range. It would still be a street car I doubt I'd ever drag or track it.

So given these 4 options and the age of the car, what would you do?
I'm leaning toward option 1 or 2 but 3 and 4 have not been ruled out yet.
Feel free to expand on what I'm getting myself into with options 3 or 4. I will not be removing the cats so keep this in mind if you comment.
All opinions are welcome.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
You wont be DDing it anymore so it will already start to feel more powerful when you do drive it. If it's more that you want to tinker with stuff then go with whatever your skill/budget level allows. That's all I got, my car is still mostly stock but have only had it 2 years.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
i have a fully loaded f150 for my DD/work stuff, mustang is one of the fun cars for a pretty day. This is what i did recently because no need to take care of the daily stuff...

LU47 injectors, +18 intake manifold, mak cat deletes and PBD 93 and E85 tunes (no flex), Resonated X pipe. I already had JLT intake and a catback.

at the moment, i don't want more power, car is wild the way it is as a fun street cruiser.

I do have ab extra set of wheels in order to put some drag radials for occasional fun at the track.

the truck/car combination is nice, get a 3rd car, something sporty AWD in order to have fun on rainy days too lol

edit: only cosmetic change i want is a digital dash... it makes the car looks so much newer.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Iā€™m in the same boat with my ā€˜16. Iā€™m not messing with mine as far as the engine goes. It runs perfectly well as is.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Iā€™ve modded every car Iā€™ve ever owned. With that said. I doubt Iā€™ll mod this one with all the EPA bullish!t currently going on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
coz0502

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
You wont be DDing it anymore so it will already start to feel more powerful when you do drive it. If it's more that you want to tinker with stuff then go with whatever your skill/budget level allows. That's all I got, my car is still mostly stock but have only had it 2 years.
Good point and Iā€™m already noticing that driving less due to covid and working from home the last year.
Yes I do like to tinker and my good friend and neighbor is a mechanic so skill level isnā€™t a concern plus I can can start and stop now that I have another option to drive.
Financial I can swing all 3 but as mentioned would need to save if I went supercharger. Option 2 or 3 I could do whenever.

OP
OP
coz0502

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
i have a fully loaded f150 for my DD/work stuff, mustang is one of the fun cars for a pretty day. This is what i did recently because no need to take care of the daily stuff...

LU47 injectors, +18 intake manifold, mak cat deletes and PBD 93 and E85 tunes (no flex), Resonated X pipe. I already had JLT intake and a catback.

at the moment, i don't want more power, car is wild the way it is as a fun street cruiser.

I do have ab extra set of wheels in order to put some drag radials for occasional fun at the track.

the truck/car combination is nice, get a 3rd car, something sporty AWD in order to have fun on rainy days too lol

edit: only cosmetic change i want is a digital dash... it makes the car looks so much newer.
Can you tell me a little more? How much did you pay for the injectors? Do you know the power increase from E85? How close to empty do you have to be to go from 93 to 85?

OP
OP
coz0502

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Iā€™ve modded every car Iā€™ve ever owned. With that said. I doubt Iā€™ll mod this one with all the EPA bullish!t currently going on.
Iā€™m not too concerned with this. Iā€™m keeping my cats and I live in Florida. We donā€™t have inspections or emissions testing in order to renew. Only have to provide proof of insurance.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Iā€™m not too concerned with this. Iā€™m keeping my cats and I live in Florida. We donā€™t have inspections or emissions testing in order to renew. Only have to provide proof of insurance.
Tuning is under attack. Might not even be able to get a car tuned right now, IDK.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Tuning is under attack. Might not even be able to get a car tuned right now, IDK.
Tuning is still happening, they just are not going to be tweaking anything related to emissions. Some tuning companies never did.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Tuning is still happening, they just are not going to be tweaking anything related to emissions. Some tuning companies never did.
Lemme look and see what Lund was saying....

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you tell me a little more? How much did you pay for the injectors? Do you know the power increase from E85? How close to empty do you have to be to go from 93 to 85?
my butt dyno says: E85 = more fun.

No dyno yet, but i was running on the 93 tune for a couple weeks and i was happy, base E85 tune was meh, then the final E85 tune came and it's a different animal. Way more angrier. D is calm and civilized, if you floor it, it goes... S+ engine and trans and the car mood changes... the rev matching sounds beautiful on downshift, the whole car feels angrier and louder.

E85 is probably 10-15 whp more than 93, but the power delivery is better overall.

bad part of E85? full tank is about 218 miles only. Other than that, all good.

Injectors? i bought them from another member in here, i don't remember how much i paid... $100? $125? idk, something like that. I was hunting for parts in here, buying everything here and there over time, when i had everything, I just took it to hurricane performance and they did everything pretty good and fast and for a great price.

In order to change from 93 to E85, i just drove the car until 5 miles to empty and then i let the car idle in the garage until 0 and even at zero, i let the car run for a little more. I had 2 5 gal cans i bought for the E85, add the e85, loaded the base tune and then drove the car to the gas station. I was worried about that process but it was super easy. Some people do it directly at the pump. I did it at home just in case.

I kept the cans for the E85 so if i plan on going to the track or something i can have extra fuel just in case.

With all the mods, car should be around 430-450 whp

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
So last week I finally purchased a 2nd vehicle and the mustang is now my fun car. I'll probably drive both about equally, but the truck will be mostly for commuting back and forth to work while the mustang will be more local driving.

So I have a decision to make on what, if anything, I should do and am looking for input.

I'm considering the following:
I've pretty much got the car's appearance where I want it so I won't list all the mods here as that is not relevant. The car is a 2016 PP GT manual with 72K miles. I'm meticulous about car maintenance and have no issues with the car nor do I feel like it's been abused.

Performance wise, I have an CIA, H-Pipe and axel back all Roush and a Lund 93 tune.

What I'm considering:
1) Leave the car as is: This obviously cost nothing and probably gives me the longest life

2) 18 Manifold: This is the cheapest option I'm considering and realize I'd have to get the tune modified along with it

3) 18 Manifold with E85: I don't know much about E85, I do know that I probably won't want to deal with running the tank empty when switching so I suspect I would need fuel system upgrades to go along with a new tune. Side note: what kind of power increase am I looking at with this mod. Finally, yes E85 is readily available for me.

4) FI System: If I went with this option it would be a procharger or 1 of similar type. This is obviously the most expensive upgrade and would probably take me a year to save up (I won't go into debt for car upgrades). Additionally, I create the problem or needing to improve other things like oil pump gears, better clutch, etc. and the cost associated with it. If I go this route, I'd be shooting for the 650 - 700 hp range. It would still be a street car I doubt I'd ever drag or track it.

So given these 4 options and the age of the car, what would you do?
I'm leaning toward option 1 or 2 but 3 and 4 have not been ruled out yet.
Feel free to expand on what I'm getting myself into with options 3 or 4. I will not be removing the cats so keep this in mind if you comment.
All opinions are welcome.
My question is why would you want to do more to the car?
Are you planning on tracking or racing it? Or just a fun recreational car to drive in your leisure? If it's to be a fun, around town car do you really need another hundred or two HP? Or do you just want a project, something to tinker with?
I think that whatever decision you make going forward should be based on what you want from the car, whatever that might be.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best company for E85 Tune? VMP any good? Or does everyone go Lund..
I went with PBD

i wanted a flextune, but no flex from pbd on 15-17 cars for some reason, so i went with 2 separate tunes... lund was almost double the price... both are pretty good
Sponsored