Sponsored

2018 Mustang Purchase - looking for opinions

65ACode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 mustang
I have been toying with the idea of getting a 2018 Mustang. I love Mustangs and have had several through out the years. I currently have a 65 convertible that looks bone stock but has a 5.0 (stroked to 331) and a 5 speed.

I currently drive a 2012 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan (has bigger brakes, better suspension, staggered tires, and limited slip diff). I have modded it with exhaust, cai, and bigger sways. This car is a great balance between performance and comfort.

Unfortunately, most of the newer sports sedans have gone to smaller displacement turbos. While these cars are quick, I just don't like the bang on power turbos have.

So I am looking at a 2018 GT Premium, a10, PP, magneride, 401A - minimally. I found one at a dealer by me in magnetic that also has the adjustable exhaust and the BLIS package. I test drove it this weekend and was extremely impressed. The car looks better in person than in pictures. I loved the low end torque (compared to my G). And it has cooled seats...yay.

For those that have had their GT's for awhile -
Does the magneride smooth out rough roads? I have no work commute, but will take the car on a couple 400 mile road trips this year.

Rattles - often times stiffer suspension creates interior squeeks and rattles. I went through a whole rattle exorcism in my G37. How is the GT?

Any other words of advice?
Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I have been toying with the idea of getting a 2018 Mustang. I love Mustangs and have had several through out the years. I currently have a 65 convertible that looks bone stock but has a 5.0 (stroked to 331) and a 5 speed.

I currently drive a 2012 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan (has bigger brakes, better suspension, staggered tires, and limited slip diff). I have modded it with exhaust, cai, and bigger sways. This car is a great balance between performance and comfort.

Unfortunately, most of the newer sports sedans have gone to smaller displacement turbos. While these cars are quick, I just don't like the bang on power turbos have.

So I am looking at a 2018 GT Premium, a10, PP, magneride, 401A - minimally. I found one at a dealer by me in magnetic that also has the adjustable exhaust and the BLIS package. I test drove it this weekend and was extremely impressed. The car looks better in person than in pictures. I loved the low end torque (compared to my G). And it has cooled seats...yay.

Does the magneride smooth out rough roads? I have no work commute, but will take the car on a couple 400 mile road trips this year.

Rattles - often times stiffer suspension creates interior squeeks and rattles. I went through a whole rattle exorcism in my G37. How is the GT?

That's the whole point of the Magneride.... "soft" compliant suspension for daily driving with bumps, etc.. OR put it in sport/track modes where it stiffens things up.

I test drove a GT350 and in the standard setting the ride felt considerably softer than my 2017 GT Performance Pack.
It also felt "weaker" than my GT in the low RPM range. A GT with PP (3.73 gears) feels like it has tons of low end torque / power.

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
I've had my 2018 GT PP w/ 401A with Manaride for close to two months now. I have noticed zero interior noises, eg squeaks or rattles. All I hear is that sweet exhaust note.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Yes, Magneide "smooth out" the ride.

It has the ability to dampen (1,0000 x minute), and can take certain high-frequency vibrations out of the tarmac, along with improved dampening on pot-holes, or irregularities.

It is simply a must, if you want to travel cross country...

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
I have had my non mag car for only a week but have been driving it on the streets of LA..think pot hole heaven ...no rattles
Sponsored