AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Greets all,

I know this is going to be a tall ask, but does anyone have an extra filter they are will to part with, or know of a place to order one from? Brought in my car for them to do warranty work and figured to have the oil change before spring, they ordered the filter and it came in broken so they wont use it, and there is no eta for a replacement at the moment, so now I'm looking to find a filter so I can get the car done.

Does anyone know of a Alt oil filter? I called o'reilys and they suggested MSL 10050, but I was hesitant about it and it looks more like the GT350 filter than a gt500 even though they have it as a alternative.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
I live in Bloomington Illinois and I just got one last week for my 350 at the Sam Leman Ford dealership. Maybe you can get a hold of them and have them send you one.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I live in Bloomington Illinois and I just got one last week for my 350 at the Sam Leman Ford dealership. Maybe you can get a hold of them and have them send you one.
Thanks have them on the list for tomorrow.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, I can loan you one if you cannot find one in time. Just replace it for me when you get your hands on one. Let me know.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mike, I can loan you one if you cannot find one in time. Just replace it for me when you get your hands on one. Let me know.
@Jmeo Thanks, You got a deal, DM sent.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just called them and about 15 others, and now I am hearing something thats really mind boggling, a lot don't have them and the ones that do are telling me they cannot sell them and have to hold them for their shops to be able to do oil changes.

Anyone hear this crap?

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Just called them and about 15 others, and now I am hearing something thats really mind boggling, a lot don't have them and the ones that do are telling me they cannot sell them and have to hold them for their shops to be able to do oil changes.

Anyone hear this crap?
Yep, exact same thing I got. A local dealer has 10 of them.. Will not sell them, only oil changes done by them. Complete joke.

ksampler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange Prem. W/ PP
Greets all,

I know this is going to be a tall ask, but does anyone have an extra filter they are will to part with, or know of a place to order one from? Brought in my car for them to do warranty work and figured to have the oil change before spring, they ordered the filter and it came in broken so they wont use it, and there is no eta for a replacement at the moment, so now I'm looking to find a filter so I can get the car done.

Does anyone know of a Alt oil filter? I called o'reilys and they suggested MSL 10050, but I was hesitant about it and it looks more like the GT350 filter than a gt500 even though they have it as a alternative.

Thanks.
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-0_fl-2087.html

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yep, exact same thing I got. A local dealer has 10 of them.. Will not sell them, only oil changes done by them. Complete joke.
Yeah so at this point now I have to weed through who has them and will sell them, not are they in stock or out of stock. One of my sources is telling me the filters wont be available until after 3/31 or 4/30, which I think after a car being out for 2 years is BS. If this is the case then they need to re-adjust the oil timer. All I know is after this since I dont track this car or drive it hard all the time, I am going to follow my schedule and just reset the timer cause this is crap a simple filter after 2 years is a needle in a haystack.

Wont know until Monday as they are closed as they were on my list, but they are a 3rd party dealer which gets it directly from dealerships, so I am not hopeful.

But a member @Jmeo offered to loan me one, so hopefully he'll send that and I'll be back in business (Thanks again Jamie).

ksampler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange Prem. W/ PP
Yeah so at this point now I have to weed through who has them and will sell them, not are they in stock or out of stock. One of my sources is telling me the filters wont be available until after 3/31 or 4/30, which I think after a car being out for 2 years is BS. If this is the case then they need to re-adjust the oil timer. All I know is after this since I dont track this car or drive it hard all the time, I am going to follow my schedule and just reset the timer cause this is crap a simple filter after 2 years is a needle in a haystack.

Wont know until Monday as they are closed as they were on my list, but they are a 3rd party dealer which gets it directly from dealerships, so I am not hopeful.

But a member @Jmeo offered to loan me one, so hopefully he'll send that and I'll be back in business (Thanks again Jamie).
I would order it off the site because they are showing in stock. Worst case you cancel if they end up saying it would take longer than 1-3 days.

Sponsored

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
I would order it off the site because they are showing in stock. Worst case you cancel if they end up saying it would take longer than 1-3 days.
They don’t have them. You place an order and they send you an email a day later saying your order has been canceled due to the part on back order. This crap has been going on for over 6 months

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
There’s about 5 different threads going, talking about this filter and have been all winter. Nobody from ford can say when they will be available, it’s total BS

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hence the reason for the calling, I get faster answers on the phone then waiting like a smacked ass, and whatis the point if they aren't selling them to the public?

They don’t have them. You place an order and they send you an email a day later saying your order has been canceled due to the part on back order. This crap has been going on for over 6 months
Exactly and then I not only waste x amount of days, but than I get charged each time and have that money on hold until its released, easier to call get the answer and move on.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
At this point should we all just flood Ford customer service with complaints?
Sponsored