Sponsored

Looking for feedback on Avalon King ceramic coating please...

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I am considering purchase of Avalon King ceramic coating products and would love to hear some real-world experience with it.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Why that brand, John, it's not one of the front runners to my knowledge? How much in the bottle and what's the price? In my limited experience, you ought to be in the 80 bones range for 500ml.

OP
OP
Mach VII

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Do you have a recommendation KB? I do not have a covered area to do work in, not long term anyways. The Avalon stuff seemed like a quick, low cost way to explore something more than 'wax'.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
FWIW I've been using Adams ceramic kit and think it turns out great. Very easy application. They have a new product "graphene" that I was planning on buying to try on the Mach 1 when it arrives. I know nothing about ceramics except you can pay someone $hundreds or more for real ceramic or you can do a lesser version of it yourself for $80. Here's what the Adams ceramic looked like on my ruby GT:

IMG_2119.JPG

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ve done Avalon King on my current car and I used the Adam’s ceramic kit with the previous Mustang. Been happy with both, but I liked the way the Adam’s kit applied a little better. Happy with the end results with both though.

Sponsored

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Avalon King had a July 4th sale and I finally ended up pulling the trigger and bought 2 kits as the price dropped to $75/per if you got two. I plan to do everything...paint, glass, wheels, plastic.

Looking into the prep side of things now as I want the best possible outcome. Plan to do the clay, polish and then ceramic coat. If anyone has insight into best way to prep from personal experience that would be awesome! :)

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Avalon King had a July 4th sale and I finally ended up pulling the trigger and bought 2 kits as the price dropped to $75/per if you got two. I plan to do everything...paint, glass, wheels, plastic.

Looking into the prep side of things now as I want the best possible outcome. Plan to do the clay, polish and then ceramic coat. If anyone has insight into best way to prep from personal experience that would be awesome! :)
Iron remover is not a bad idea too. And don’t skimp on the polishing. Any imperfections seem to get magnified so make sure it’s as good as possible. There is also a prep spray you can do a reduced alcohol wipe to makesure you have all the polishing oils off after youfinish that step. Then just be thorough and even when you apply. Have good light so you can keep an eye out for high spots.

The application part is 10x easier than the prep.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Ive seen some hype from some details on youtube. Couldnt talk myself into getting it over an established product like carpro cquartz UK 3.0.
Sponsored