Sponsored

Ceramic Coating on Brake Calipers

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Last year when I got my new wheels I put Gtechniq C5 on them before putting them on the car. Wheels look great, coating holds up great.

I was considering putting it on my new brake calipers before installing them. Gtechniq says it's good for wheels, calipers, or exhaust tips.

Has anyone actually coated their brake calipers?
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Last year when I got my new wheels I put Gtechniq C5 on them before putting them on the car. Wheels look great, coating holds up great.

I was considering putting it on my new brake calipers before installing them. Gtechniq says it's good for wheels, calipers, or exhaust tips.

Has anyone actually coated their brake calipers?
Well worth doing, and considerably easier if they are brand new and uncontaminated. You would otherwise need to thoroughly clean them before application.

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_9658.jpg

IMG_9661.jpg

IMG_9674.jpg

IMG_9666.jpg

IMG_9676.jpg

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_9680.jpg

If haven't bought the coating yet, I highly recommend looking at Armour Detail Supply High-Temp Wheel Coating.

Armour Wheel Coating ā€“ Armour Detail Supply

IMG_9774.jpg

OP
OP
MrMike

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @DFB5.0. Since they're new, I'll just hit them with a surface prep and coat away like I did my wheels. They'll have plenty of time to cure since they won't be going on until the weather is warmer.

Nothing against that product, already in on C5 though.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks @DFB5.0. Since they're new, I'll just hit them with a surface prep and coat away like I did my wheels. They'll have plenty of time to cure since they won't be going on until the weather is warmer.

Nothing against that product, already in on C5 though.
I used C5 on my summer wheels last year. Held up all season which is what I expected. The heat will start to break the coating down. Iā€™d imagine you would need to coat the calipers annually but would say itā€™s totally worth doing.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I used Adams Advanced Graphene coating on my wheels and calipers. It's been about a year now and it is still beading and holding up great!

IMG_4006.jpg
IMG_4008.jpg
IMG_4007.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I used Adams Advanced Graphene coating on my wheels and calipers. It's been about a year now and it is still beading and holding up great!

IMG_4006.jpg
IMG_4008.jpg
IMG_4007.jpg
Thatā€™s good to know! I put a traditional 5-7 year coating on my summer set (Ethos Max), so Iā€™ll be curious to how it holds up. The Adams coating is really good, my momā€™s CT4-V and my dadā€™s Mustang are both coated with it. Both are holding up well against the salt and muck we get here in winter.

OP
OP
MrMike

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well this was totally worth the bit of effort it required.

IMG_2364.png

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
Went on a ceramic binger after diving into the SiO2 water bong...hit 3 sets of wheels in the barn and got two sets of big Reds taken care of. Jury is out on the durability once they see glow-rotor heat, but the CarPro DLUX is 'heat resistant'. We'll see but I'm sure they'll stay cleaner in the meanwhile. Don't delay; get 'er done today!
IMG_0579.jpeg
IMG_0580.jpeg
IMG_0581.jpeg

Note to self: Don't take another wheel picture at wide angle on the iP14...rotor looks like it just jumped in an ice bath if you know what I mean....

IMG_0584.jpeg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Went on a ceramic binger after diving into the SiO2 water bong...hit 3 sets of wheels in the barn and got two sets of big Reds taken care of. Jury is out on the durability once they see glow-rotor heat, but the CarPro DLUX is 'heat resistant'. We'll see but I'm sure they'll stay cleaner in the meanwhile. Don't delay; get 'er done today!
IMG_0579.jpeg
IMG_0580.jpeg
IMG_0581.jpeg

Note to self: Don't take another wheel picture at wide angle on the iP14...rotor looks like it just jumped in an ice bath if you know what I mean....

IMG_0584.jpeg
Nice work. :clap:

Now, I just have to get you to de-nib those Michelin's................................:wink:

IMG-9604.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG-0514.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

Sponsored

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
They never bothered meā€¦until you mentioned it. Thanksā€¦againā€¦šŸ˜ Itā€™ll keep me busy at the car show if I get bored although I am sure I will get the same looks my neighbors give me when I polish the exhaust tips with a Powerballā€¦

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
They never bothered meā€¦until you mentioned it. Thanksā€¦againā€¦šŸ˜ Itā€™ll keep me busy at the car show if I get bored although I am sure I will get the same looks my neighbors give me when I polish the exhaust tips with a Powerballā€¦
Ha ha, I crossed that boarder with the neighbors a long time ago now, they know it's normal for me to be doing such odd things to cars.
Sponsored