Water spots on ceramic coating

Johnny_ynnhoJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
There's some hard water spots from a sprinkler I wasn't aware of were I park(assigned). Bottom flat part of the front fascia has the spots. I tried white distilled vinegar but barely anything. Looks like a light polish is all I can do? Then apply new ceramic or just leave it? I've got a quick easy cardboard barrier between the culprit and my car now.
Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Try using Carpro Spotless or the waterspot remover of your choice. I just suggested Capro as their products are pretty good

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Sponsored

OP
OP
Johnny_ynnhoJ

Johnny_ynnhoJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Results were very good. I posted a reply, not sure if you missed it. For me I used a microfiber, sprayed a heavy amount, waited a few minutes. Gently removing the minerals, when it became smooth I hit it again using tougher wipes until it was all gone.

Now that it was a year ago, nothing returned and HOA doesn't know I destroyed the sprinkler 😎🤘

You have the same issues?

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Results were very good. I posted a reply, not sure if you missed it. For me I used a microfiber, sprayed a heavy amount, waited a few minutes. Gently removing the minerals, when it became smooth I hit it again using tougher wipes until it was all gone.

Now that it was a year ago, nothing returned and HOA doesn't know I destroyed the sprinkler 😎🤘

You have the same issues?
Here's a pic of my water stain that won't come off.
20220223_180311.jpg

I had some bad hard water streaks that left long water/mineral stains etched in the clear coat. It's from the water dripping across the hood and drying before I noticed. They look like long micro scratches up close, almost 3 feet long. Just ordered a bottle of the carpro spotless 2.0 spot remover and hope it works out. Did you have to wash the area with water after every application of the spot remover? I read it could damage the paint if it's not used properly.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
20220223_180311.jpg

I had some bad hard water streaks that left long water/mineral stains etched in the clear coat. It's from the water dripping across the hood and drying before I noticed. They look like long micro scratches up close, almost 3 feet long. Just ordered a bottle of the carpro spotless 2.0 spot remover and hope it works out. Did you have to wash the area with water after every application of the spot remover? I read it could damage the paint if it's not used properly.
Ideally, you would wash the car prior to using Spotless so you are not rubbing dirt/dust ect into the paint. You could also water-less wash just the panels you are going to treat.

Any product comes with risks, used as directed you will be fine.

OP
OP
Johnny_ynnhoJ

Johnny_ynnhoJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Yes definitely washed the area first. As DFB5.0 said read directions. Just take your time, baby it if you'd like. it's not an urgent issue although we like quick fixes in life. Best of luck would like to know the results.

20220223_180311.jpg

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Yes definitely washed the area first. As DFB5.0 said read directions. Just take your time, baby it if you'd like. it's not an urgent issue although we like quick fixes in life. Best of luck would like to know the results.
Yeah always try to least aggressive method first (water spot remover). If the clear coat has been etched, then a polish is pretty much the only solution. Try a finishing polish, then get more agressive if needed.

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Yeah always try to least aggressive method first (water spot remover). If the clear coat has been etched, then a polish is pretty much the only solution. Try a finishing polish, then get more agressive if needed.
How the hell does a water streak leave so much damage to the point it looks like a 3 foot long scratch... it was right after I washed the car too.

OP
OP
Johnny_ynnhoJ

Johnny_ynnhoJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
How the hell does a water streak leave so much damage to the point it looks like a 3 foot long scratch... it was right after I washed the car too.
Hard water will do that. I suggest a different water source to see if that helps avoid more streaks.
Sponsored