2020 Mustang GT 6MT

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
i have this one. was a little cheaper on amazon. i havent played around with it a ton to learn everything but i have been happy with it. only issue ive had is if i connect to the wifi my phone wont connect properly to bluetooth. it's like it cannot do both or something gets messed up. annoying for me because i play music via bluetooth from my phone. i just set my phone to not connect to the VAVA wifi and if i want to review footage i just pull the SD and play it on my laptop that way.

video isnt bad, my go pro stopped on me while i was on a road course so i didnt get any footage but my dash cam got all of it, front and back, which was actually pretty cool. it was worth the money for my use and i dont think ive even figured out all the extra things I can do with it.

only other complaint i have is there is a little box along the wire for the power/to the front cam. it's in kind of an awkward place and i cant figure out where to put it. its on my a pillar with double stick tape but i dont like it, its not clean. maybe it can go inside the a pillar cover? i havent wanted to take the cover off. this is something that can probably be figured out with a little extra planning though, not the end of the world. the rest of the cord is small and ive been able to tuck it away to hide it, the box is a little on the large side for that.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I just have the Garmin Mini right underneath the mirror. Its plugged into the lighter so I have a cord there but I’m not worried about it. It does what I need and is inexpensive.

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
for 99 bucks you cant beat the viofo a119 v3. it records 2k at 60fps, its small hides well behind the mirror and it comes with a long cord which i just tucked inside the trim and plugs into the front 12 volt adapter.

Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How are you handling the voltage difference. The mirror pins are 12VDC and the Viofo Specs show 5VDC. https://www.amazon.com/VIOFO-A119-1...&keywords=viofo+a119+v3&qid=1614100834&sr=8-3
I’m using something like this for voltage conversion. It’s very small and compact. Only issue is that it looks like a mini USB version is not available any more. So may need some mods.

SimpleUSB 12V to MicroUSB Two-Prong Universal Dashcam Adapter https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07BFRW...abc_7BBFCGZBJ24YB6E89JC8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer XLT
I have the Thinkware FA200.

It works reasonably well and I power it from the OBD2 port with their adapter. The adapter allows it to start automatically when the car starts or you can enable parking monitoring. I just ran the power wire along the edge of headliner and behind the a pillar trim.

The kit I got includes a rear facing camera as well, but you can get it without.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
just ordered this one from Amazon.....no plans for a permanent install at this time. I'll use it in explorer for vacation and see how it works.
1626790916159.png

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
I have had 2 Thinkware F50 models (front and rear) for a while now and am looking to upgrade them. They have served me well though.

Jimayy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
I had a viofo A119 v2 in the car for a while. I then gave the dashcam to my dad. i use the A129 now so I can have front and rear camera. Hardwire kit too. It's straight forward as all cameras go. Picture is good, and viofo has fairly good following of users across the internet, so you can always find answers or what not.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
https://www.rexingusa.com/products/rexing-v1p-pro/

I researched quite a few Dash Cams online, read various reviews, read the multiple threads on here and kept coming back to the Rexing dual channel model. I know the Thinkware brand seems to get high reviews on here also, but I wasn’t impressed with that brand due to lack of a display screen for instant playback capabilities.

I hard wired it; nice little cam w/ a lot of good features. Pretty cool having both front and rear views. There’s also an App to d/l where it can be streamed right to a mobile device with other features on that secondary platform.

---
This thread has a ton of dash cam info and is probably the largest on this site:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/dash-cam.10064/

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Blackvue 900 is the best around. Quality is top notch.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
There is a HUGE sea of dashcams out there to choose from. Choose a price range right for you and dive in!
Sponsored