Sponsored

Dash-Cam

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
The majority of the time I pull the SD card and plug it into my PC to view footage because the wifi/hotspot connectivity to my Iphone blows goats. Occasionally it works perfectly but most of the time it takes forever for the phone to connect and when it does it drops after a minute or two. That is my biggest beef with my Thinkware camera.
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just ordered a Rexing V1 Pro on Prime deal for my 19 GT. Couldn't pass it up for $58. I'm planning on mirror tapping.

Last edited:

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I got a blackvue with front and back hd recording. It's great, it has sensors and when your car is off and parked it'll activate if something moves around it. You can choose go get a subscription and upload everything to the cloud as well

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Got my Rexing V1 Pro and mirror tapped it via an invisacord. Had major FM radio interference. Sent it back. Tried another brand, same thing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35644

For the guys who have hardwired their cams to the mirror or dome light....what cam are you running? I picked up a Nexar Halocam which plugs in via USB, and attempted to hardwire into the car (mirror, then dome) but it will not run on either. Turning on the car's ignition cranks up the camera but it shuts itself right back down. Works fine plugged into the center console USB.

Cam recommendations for hard-working? The Nexar doesn't like it.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
For the guys who have hardwired their cams to the mirror or dome light....what cam are you running? I picked up a Nexar Halocam which plugs in via USB, and attempted to hardwire into the car (mirror, then dome) but it will not run on either. Turning on the car's ignition cranks up the camera but it shuts itself right back down. Works fine plugged into the center console USB.

Cam recommendations for hard-working? The Nexar doesn't like it.
Are you forgetting that you need something to step down the voltage from 12v (voltage at most things in the car) to the 5v that usb your dash cam is rated for? Something like this:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B06XSCCLCD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can probably find the same with a hardwired micro/mini/usb-c output plug rather than two usb input sockets, or just bare wires if you prefer that. Easiest to test by connecting directly to the car battery first I guess, so you're sure you're testing with a 12v source, to verify things work before you look for the correct socket to attach to in the mirror/dome light.

The benefits of having one like above, with usb input socket(s) rather than a hardwired micro/mini/usb-c output plug is of course if one later changes dash cam and the new dash cam uses a different type of plug, you don't need to rewire anything. The minus is that it takes more space, so not sure how well the one I ordered will fit yet. Worry a bit the usb plugs will be too big to fit inside the casing above the mirror. It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so will see then or over the weekend. Worst case I'll have to cut off the usb input plugs and then tape on the usb-mini plug my dash cam requires I guess.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Popping this older thread back up instead of starting a brand new “dash cam” thread….

Just came across this while cruising Amazon…. Has anyone thought about buying the Car Cam? It won’t be available until Feb. 2023. I watched the Included vid and it looks pretty decent for a new dash cam choice… but I’m not 100% into their mounting apparatus for the cam.

From Amazon:
Introducing Ring Car Cam – Dash cam with dual-facing HD cameras, Live View, Two-Way Talk, and motion detection https://a.co/d/620DgFb

Last edited:

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I have 3 Apeman dash cams and they work fine. I think I paid $35 for mine. I'd have to find the box to even remember which one I have. I'm pretty sure the model isn't available anymore but they are all front and back models that use an SD card.
Link: https://apemans.com/collections/dash-camera

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Popping back up the dash cam thread -

Does anyone have the Thinkware X1000 (Part # TW-X1000D32H)?

This is the one that has both front and rear cams and the front cam has a display w/touchscreen.

Just wondering how the day/night vid quality is and thoughts on its features.

Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

This is the one that has both front and rear cams and the front cam has a display w/touchscreen.

Don't have it but it only records in 1 minute segments. That would be annoying if trying to find an event.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Check out Vortex Radar on YouTube. He reviews dash cams and radar detectors and provides unbiased opinions.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Don't have it but it only records in 1 minute segments. That would be annoying if trying to find an event.
Most of them do this from what I’ve seen. If I need to rewatch an event I just note the time of day and search that specific time in the recordings. If it’s an actual logged event it’ll be highlighted separately in stored memory.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of them do this from what I’ve seen. If I need to rewatch an event I just note the time of day and search that specific time in the recordings. If it’s an actual logged event it’ll be highlighted separately in stored memory.
Most I've seen including mine allow you to change from 1, 3, 5 etc minutes. If you don't know the exact time it is more useful to have longer recordings. Your mileage may vary. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: