Sponsored

Looking at a new GT

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Anyone think the 401A package is worth it?
I do.

It's a bit pricy at $1795 but I like the Shaker Sound over the Stocker. I'm a musician and I gotta have something that kicks. Could be better I guess but I'm already half def so it don't matter. Also really like the blind spot cross traffic alert technology stuff. I find it all amazing. Add the big Sync 3 screen with bu camera and NAV and this car is super Hi Tech for me. The 401a with the Premium option makes it a luxury car for me. My last car had 1 button.

Equipment Group 401A – ShakerTM Pro Audio System with 12 speakers and amplifier, HD RadioTM Technology, driver’s seat and sideview mirror memory feature, and BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert
Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I got every option except the front crash system crap and enjoy all the creature comforts. At first I did not like the 3:73 but after I forgot about it, the problem went way. Now I just rev it more to stretch out 1st gear. When I get the power pack 2 the ratio will go to 3:55 for better mpg.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
I only regret going for the rear spoiler delete when I ordered mine. I never see GT convertibles with the GT spoiler, so I now realize that I would have enjoyed having it. :doh:

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I got every option except the front crash system crap and enjoy all the creature comforts. At first I did not like the 3:73 but after I forgot about it, the problem went way. Now I just rev it more to stretch out 1st gear. When I get the power pack 2 the ratio will go to 3:55 for better mpg.
I agree. I only have the front collision warning & adaptive cruise control because I had a choice between a car without it, and a car with it, but the car with the option had a $1000 off blue tag, so basically I got the option for $195 and that dealer gave me a better trade-in value. I never use the cruise control and the front collision warning, while neat, is something I could do without, basically it just lights up the windshield with red lights, beeps, and pressurizes the brakes. Not worth it. I know a lot of people like the cruise control option, but I enjoy driving my Mustang too much to put it in cruise control. I'd save the $1200 on the cruise control option and spend it somewhere else like the 20" Foundry wheel option, or navigation.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Deals can be had on 16s now. I wanted a premium as my 06GT is base model and I like all those extras. Using the ford site to search dealer inventories I found a 16 Magnetic GT Premium automatic with navigation for $33.6 ...MSRP was $40k This was $5k cheaper than the next closest priced car. I was looking on the west coast only as I'm in Hawaii. Dealers out here want $42-44 for the same car. Only cost a grand to ship to HI!! Keep searching you will most likely find a good deal.

Sponsored

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
I agree with shopping around.

Even when I bought mine back in January I was able to work my way up from a fairly loaded Premium GT PP Package car to being priced slightly above a Base GT car and what I was building online for myself.

Do some research on the dealerships around you and if you find a car that has what you want go down and bother a salesman and see if you can get him to crack. Worst case scenario they say they can't do it at the price you want and you walk away.

OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Deals can be had on 16s now. I wanted a premium as my 06GT is base model and I like all those extras. Using the ford site to search dealer inventories I found a 16 Magnetic GT Premium automatic with navigation for $33.6 ...MSRP was $40k This was $5k cheaper than the next closest priced car. I was looking on the west coast only as I'm in Hawaii. Dealers out here want $42-44 for the same car. Only cost a grand to ship to HI!! Keep searching you will most likely find a good deal.
I agree with shopping around.

Even when I bought mine back in January I was able to work my way up from a fairly loaded Premium GT PP Package car to being priced slightly above a Base GT car and what I was building online for myself.

Do some research on the dealerships around you and if you find a car that has what you want go down and bother a salesman and see if you can get him to crack. Worst case scenario they say they can't do it at the price you want and you walk away.
I'm still searching, I might have to extend my search outside of my area though to find a Ruby Red. I spoke to four dealerships over the phone and pretty much laid out what I was looking for. I still hoping the one dealership that backed out of the deal might call Friday or Monday just because it is the end of the month.

Other thing is November might have different incentives that might get me closer. Its seems everyone will give you the TrueCar/Costco amount off, just no one willing to go beyond that from my search so far.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I'm still searching, I might have to extend my search outside of my area though to find a Ruby Red. I spoke to four dealerships over the phone and pretty much laid out what I was looking for. I still hoping the one dealership that backed out of the deal might call Friday or Monday just because it is the end of the month.

Other thing is November might have different incentives that might get me closer. Its seems everyone will give you the TrueCar/Costco amount off, just no one willing to go beyond that from my search so far.
Autotrader shows some base rr gt's now but if you wait for november they may be gone

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Best case scenario is they do crack and you get a new Mustang GT for $27,400. A search on Autotrader does show Ruby Red's under $30k. Don't let distance get in your way. Negotiate the sale price over the phone. Once you reach an agreement on price, ask for a quote and drive to the dealership. I drove 5 hours away to purchase my vehicle. Rented a one-way rental vehicle and drove to the city to purchase the vehicle. After I purchased my vehicle, I dropped off the rental vehicle in that city and drove my new vehicle back home.

OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best case scenario is they do crack and you get a new Mustang GT for $27,400. A search on Autotrader does show Ruby Red's under $30k. Don't let distance get in your way. Negotiate the sale price over the phone. Once you reach an agreement on price, ask for a quote and drive to the dealership. I drove 5 hours away to purchase my vehicle. Rented a one-way rental vehicle and drove to the city to purchase the vehicle. After I purchased my vehicle, I dropped off the rental vehicle in that city and drove my new vehicle back home.
Your thread was the motivation for me. I searched on Autotrader and saw a 2016 premium for 7k off list. Stopped by a local Ford dealership I have been talking with.

Test drove an AT and a MT. Honestly the AT didn't feel much different than my ecoboost. The manual, whoa that thing wanted to move!

Long story short they found a RR MT Pemium and I got them to beat the 7k off I found on Autotrader!

Pick up the car Monday :thumbsup:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Your thread was the motivation for me. I searched on Autotrader and saw a 2016 premium for 7k off list. Stopped by a local Ford dealership I have been talking with.

Test drove an AT and a MT. Honestly the AT didn't feel much different than my ecoboost. The manual, whoa that thing wanted to move!

Long story short they found a RR MT Pemium and I got them to beat the 7k off I found on Autotrader!

Congrats! You'll love it.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium

A weekend of anticipation and before you know it Monday will be here! You're going to love the Ruby and all the forthcoming complements. I can't count the number of strangers that have stopped to tell how much they liked the color (and car) only too end up in lengthy discussion...lol.
Good luck, be safe, and congrats.:ford:

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

There you go!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm glad to hear my thread was of help to you! Congrats on the new vehicle and the awesome deal!!! Make sure you create a thread containing your new vehicle plus the deal you received.

OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There you go!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm glad to hear my thread was of help to you! Congrats on the new vehicle and the awesome deal!!! Make sure you create a thread containing your new vehicle plus the deal you received.
Thanks! I was looking for a base GT and adding things like leather later and now got a fairly loaded GT for what they were wanting for a base 17' GT.

:cheers:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
How many miles on these leftovers?

I saw one with 150 test drive miles on it.

No thanks, I want as close to a zero mile virgin as I can get.

Guess I have to order factory fresh.
Sponsored