Sponsored

Looking to buy a new 2019 GT

BVC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tod
Vehicle(s)
1978 International Scout II, 1980 International Scout II, 2007 Sport Trac Limited, 2006 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SE, 1988 Merkur XR4Ti, 1998 VFR800FI Interceptor, 1986 VF500, 1985 VF100R
I have a couple of question. The seats in a GT are fabric with out heat or cooling vs a GT premium which has leather and heat and cooling. Outside of those differences are the seats the same in fit and function? Also is the active valve exhaust worth holding out for? Lastly, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a 2019 GT 301A with the performance package, painted aluminum wheels and an automatic. Before anyone jumps and thinks I'm crazy for getting an automatic, I have screws and rods in my low back and have had both of my knees replaced, so I can drive a manual but its not a bright idea. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
How's your back with the rather stiff suspension of the PP? Would you be better off with a car and the MagnaRide (or whatever they call it) shocks?

I'm curious too to hear what kind of deal they are offering you. I am about to pull the trigger on a new 2020, and was cross-shopping a 2019 equipped the same but with MR and that dealer wasn't being as generous as I expected for a 2019 that's been sitting on the lot for over a year.

And I don't know, but I'm guessing that the actual seats are the same, just with a different cover.

As for active exhaust, folks that have it seem to love it. I've had it in other cars, and for me it's just a gimmick. Although I will confess to using it occasionally, because I am a redneck at heart. LOL

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I've had mustangs with both the seats you mentioned and I think the leather are more comfortable. Not saying the cloth are bad, just between the 2 the leather feels better. As for the active exhaust, it depends upon if you feel you need to be quiet at times. I have it and it stays in track mode most of the time. Now that I've had it for a while I wouldn't call it a deal breaker. But I live in the country in Arkansas and they aren't picky about noise out here. My previous mustang was the 301a package and it was OK. Had navigation in it too. That part was nice. My current car is the 401a with digital dash and active exhaust in the PP2 package and I love it.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
The A10 auto is amazing, even though I personally went manual there is really nothing bad to say about the A10. I think the seats are more of a personal preference. I do not have the active exhaust but that is more dependent on where you live and how loud you / your neighbors are ok with. I live near an airport so the noise of my car is nothing in comparison to the jets coming and going.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
No auto hate that a10 is quite noticeably faster than the Mt82.

Both seats are really comfortable. PP suspension isn’t crazy stiff but you will feel more road imperfections.

Test drive pp, non pp and premium / base to compare.

Sponsored

Bluezilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1,Magna,AE, Velocity BLue
I just got a 2019 pp1, a10,magna, AE, 301 and the seats seem the same as far as bolstering to the leather seats. I do wish I got the electronic dash, but the color, magna, pp1 and a10 was more important. Fyi I had mine shipped from Virgina to mich to get what I wanted. About 18% off sticker us tax and title.
20200512_135402.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The transmission is a non issue, you get what you want. The active exhaust is an awesome feature if you need/want to change volumes. I love track mode on the street but change to quiet in my community. I think you will find either seat to be more than acceptable comfort wise but only you can decide if you want the heating/cooling functions. The premium car has other nice upgrades as well so check those out. Of course going with the 401A takes it to a totally different level. All depends on what you are looking for. Mine was a luxury, comfortable cruiser so that's how I wound up with a fully loaded GT/CS.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
1) Yes the seats are the same in fit and function, just cloth covers vs leather covers aside from the differences you already mentioned with tech. Premium seat as also powered rather than the manual adjustments of the cloth ones.
2) I guess it depends on the person. Can you think of any instance in your day to day life where having quieter exhaust would be beneficial? Do you wake up early for work, have neighbors who would be bothered, have an HOA, or a wife that would hate riding in your loud hotrod? Active exhaust gives you the option to be quiet in any of those instances, but also open her up and let it scream when its just you and the open roads.
3) My only suggestions would be to make sure you're getting the options you want and a decent deal. 20% off MSRP + your own financing or 12-15% off MSRP + the 0% for 72/84 would be what i'd aim for.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
How's your back with the rather stiff suspension of the PP? Would you be better off with a car and the MagnaRide (or whatever they call it) shocks?

I'm curious too to hear what kind of deal they are offering you. I am about to pull the trigger on a new 2020, and was cross-shopping a 2019 equipped the same but with MR and that dealer wasn't being as generous as I expected for a 2019 that's been sitting on the lot for over a year.

And I don't know, but I'm guessing that the actual seats are the same, just with a different cover.

As for active exhaust, folks that have it seem to love it. I've had it in other cars, and for me it's just a gimmick. Although I will confess to using it occasionally, because I am a redneck at heart. LOL
I agree with the above, you should look at some Magne-ride Mustangs. I have back issues as well and the ride in normal feels better than my 2013 V6 Accord ever did.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
about to pull the trigger on a new 2020, and was cross-shopping a 2019 equipped the same but with MR and that dealer wasn't being as generous
unless you intend to replace suspension, or it's not going to the track anyway and is just a cruiser, then get Magneride. If you do go for the PP1 factory suspension just have the rear shocks replaced with BIlstein ($300) or FRPP track.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
If you have a bad back, you won't regret getting a 401A for the heated seats. My wife has back issues and we went for a ride the other day and it was warm out. The first thing she did was turn on the heated seats for her back.

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
1) Yes the seats are the same in fit and function, just cloth covers vs leather covers aside from the differences you already mentioned with tech. Premium seat as also powered rather than the manual adjustments of the cloth ones.
My cloth seats are powered, just not heated or cooled.

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
I just got a 2019 pp1, a10,magna, AE, 301 and the seats seem the same as far as bolstering to the leather seats. I do wish I got the electronic dash, but the color, magna, pp1 and a10 was more important. Fyi I had mine shipped from Virgina to mich to get what I wanted. About 18% off sticker us tax and title.
20200512_135402.jpg
Do wish I would have gotten the digital dash as well but I plan on getting one and installing by end of year.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
It seems like a leftover 19 Bullet might be a good choice for you.
Sponsored