Looking to buy a new 2019 GT

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If you have a bad back, you won't regret getting a 401A for the heated seats. My wife has back issues and we went for a ride the other day and it was warm out. The first thing she did was turn on the heated seats for her back.
Leather with heat & cool are standard on the premium model. 401A adds the premium interior.

southwestheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 10A 401A 19" 3.55 B&O
How's your back with the rather stiff suspension of the PP? Would you be better off with a car and the MagnaRide (or whatever they call it) shocks?

I'm curious too to hear what kind of deal they are offering you. I am about to pull the trigger on a new 2020, and was cross-shopping a 2019 equipped the same but with MR and that dealer wasn't being as generous as I expected for a 2019 that's been sitting on the lot for over a year.

And I don't know, but I'm guessing that the actual seats are the same, just with a different cover.

As for active exhaust, folks that have it seem to love it. I've had it in other cars, and for me it's just a gimmick. Although I will confess to using it occasionally, because I am a redneck at heart. LOL
The only option I really really wish I would have held out for on my 19 GT is the active exhaust. The sound blast at 2k rpm gets flat out annoying very quickly around town.

I ordered a sound tube delete (mixed reviews but ultra cheap, so it's worth trying), and had a shop install about 80lbs of sound deadening. The deadening helps, as does the boom mat shoved into the spare tire well, as will the thicker trunk mat.

But I doubt all of the above will equal active exhaust in quiet mode. It's a cheap factory option too.

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
Do wish I would have gotten the digital dash as well but I plan on getting one and installing by end of year.
I want to do the same, but after seeing the $2000 price tag I’m going to hold off for a bit. lol

Sponsored

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
It is rather steep but I swear, after seeing one in person, looks so dang good.
Oh yeah, they're gorgeous to look at lol as badly as I want one I'm going to have to wait a while.

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I also have back issues (rods, screws, etc) and for me, heat helps so getting that as an option was a must. I have the 400a package with ventilated seats and they are pretty comfortable with the lumbar adjusted.

I don't have a PP1 nor magnaride so I cannot comment on those but I can say the stock suspension is much more comfortable than my last Mustang which was lowered on adjustable shocks/struts.

The A10 is an amazing transmission and with the drive modes, it's quite fun.

The active exhaust is great in my opinion. I live in a neighborhood with HOA and older neighbors so leaving and arriving in quiet mode is nice. In track mode, it sounds great! If I ever want to change the tone or make it louder, can do a resonator delete but still quiet it down via quiet mode. This was a nice to have for me but I am happy with it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Supercharge it and delete the resonator. Oh yeah.. heated and cooled seats are a nice.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
1) Yes the seats are the same in fit and function, just cloth covers vs leather covers aside from the differences you already mentioned with tech. Premium seat as also powered rather than the manual adjustments of the cloth ones.
2) I guess it depends on the person. Can you think of any instance in your day to day life where having quieter exhaust would be beneficial? Do you wake up early for work, have neighbors who would be bothered, have an HOA, or a wife that would hate riding in your loud hotrod? Active exhaust gives you the option to be quiet in any of those instances, but also open her up and let it scream when its just you and the open roads.
3) My only suggestions would be to make sure you're getting the options you want and a decent deal. 20% off MSRP + your own financing or 12-15% off MSRP + the 0% for 72/84 would be what i'd aim for.
The cloth seats are identical to the leather ones other than missing the heating and cooling, and imo they're pretty much the same comfort wise as well, which makes sense, I don't think Ford uses a different foam piece, just the different cover. Either way the seats in these cars are super comfortable in my opinion. Leather has the nice squeak when you rub your butt on it though.

Takeshi

Threads
Reaction score
United States : Cali land of the $1 Gas Tax
First Name
Alias: Takeshi
Vehicle(s)
2019 Liquid Shadow 401A PP1 MagneRide Borla ATAK
I have a couple of question. The seats in a GT are fabric with out heat or cooling vs a GT premium which has leather and heat and cooling. Outside of those differences are the seats the same in fit and function? Also is the active valve exhaust worth holding out for? Lastly, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a 2019 GT 301A with the performance package, painted aluminum wheels and an automatic. Before anyone jumps and thinks I'm crazy for getting an automatic, I have screws and rods in my low back and have had both of my knees replaced, so I can drive a manual but its not a bright idea. Thanks for your help.
The Leather 400A + GT Premium seats are definitely more comfortable then the cloth seats. You loose heating and cooling features as well as more soft touch points throughout the Cabin. For your situation I would really recommend a GT Premium with 401A with Safe & Smart it will help you a lot comfort wise in the log run. By not having to adjust your seating or have long term Fatigue on long drives and bad seating position will greatly impact the time that the screws and rods bother you making the mustang a more pleasant car overall. The Active exhaust definitely makes the car louder to another realm, however if you just want it louder then 2017 or prior years it already is. Hope this helps good luck in your search.

Sponsored

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
Do you plan on adding an aftermarket exhaust? I know i originally wanted active exhaust, but then i decided i wanted AWE touring exhaust which doesn’t have an active version. So it would be a waste to buy it originally that way.

a lot of catbacks have an active version, which would be an added cost compared to the standard one. Just something else to think about.

as far as the transmission, as everyone else said the 10 speed is fantastic. I never thought I’d say i want an auto, but this car changed that.

OP
OP

BVC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tod
Vehicle(s)
1978 International Scout II, 1980 International Scout II, 2007 Sport Trac Limited, 2006 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SE, 1988 Merkur XR4Ti, 1998 VFR800FI Interceptor, 1986 VF500, 1985 VF100R
I appreciate the feed back.I have a 98 GT and my back has had screws and rod since I got that car in 98 and personally it's the most comfortable car I have owned. So I figure the ride in that should be worse than the performance pack. If money were of no issue I would get a premium plus, performance pack etc but I just can't justify that.I can on the other hand justify a GT 301A and the performance pack no problem at all.Oh yes and it has the aluminum wheels(meaning not painted black). I just remember in the old days there was a GT and a GTS. Both had cloth seats but the GTS seats were crap. My concern with the seats was I sat in cloth vs leather and I thought the back of the cloth seat felt different meaning the back felt...tighter? for lack of a better word, when I got in the car. In actuality I think I may just be psyching myself out. If all goes well I'm going to sign on a 2019 Kona Blue 301A, performance pack with the 19 inch painted aluminum wheels and an automatic trans. 72 months 0% no money down. If I want 84 months 0% I have to put down $3800 or trade my truck and I need my truck since I have a boat and a camper.

On a side note I saw killer deal on a Bullit but I know better than to get the manual trans

Cadrms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt. Elec PKG and magneride
I just bought a magneride bullitt and the seats are great, but since you want an auto youll stick with a GT. I'm used to pickups 1/2 & 3/4 and large suvs and my mustang rides really firm to me, but I'm not used to sports cars.

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the feed back.I have a 98 GT and my back has had screws and rod since I got that car in 98 and personally it's the most comfortable car I have owned. So I figure the ride in that should be worse than the performance pack. If money were of no issue I would get a premium plus, performance pack etc but I just can't justify that.I can on the other hand justify a GT 301A and the performance pack no problem at all.Oh yes and it has the aluminum wheels(meaning not painted black). I just remember in the old days there was a GT and a GTS. Both had cloth seats but the GTS seats were crap. My concern with the seats was I sat in cloth vs leather and I thought the back of the cloth seat felt different meaning the back felt...tighter? for lack of a better word, when I got in the car. In actuality I think I may just be psyching myself out. If all goes well I'm going to sign on a 2019 Kona Blue 301A, performance pack with the 19 inch painted aluminum wheels and an automatic trans. 72 months 0% no money down. If I want 84 months 0% I have to put down $3800 or trade my truck and I need my truck since I have a boat and a camper.

On a side note I saw killer deal on a Bullit but I know better than to get the manual trans
Great choice on Kona Blue! I love that color. For the seat preference, have you done extended (10+ min test drives of each). I did a 10 mile test drive just to get the feel of the seat and adjustments to make sure it wasn't going to kill me. I also came from a full suspension 2006 GT adjusted for drag racing so I expected MUCH better results. For me, the heated seats swayed me but if that isn't something you care about and the cloth seats are comfortable to you then go for it! I told the sales guy about my back and wanted to get a good feel of the care and he just threw me the keys and said "come back soon".

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My new 2019 K7979 Bullitt is home (MR, electronic package, car cover). Bought it out of town, and broke it in at some world-class twisties. Had a blast. I was initially looking at a base black package fully optioned, but glad people suggested PP1+MR would ride the same or better than base, while being WAY sportier and more capable, especially in sportier modes. And it is. Super compliant in normal mode + quiet exhaust. But with everything in sport, it's a beast. I enjoyed it a lot. A bit noisier than I'd like, but I can work on that if my wife finds it too much. Highly recommend PP1+MR.
Sponsored