Sponsored

Long tubes, N gauge e85 tune and JLT intake?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wanna get to 500 without forced air induction.
Thatā€™s a very reasonable goal. I was hoping to tap 500 when I did those mods too, but fell short by 31 rwhp. Iā€™m still happy with the results though. Iā€™ve also focused on rear suspension upgrades as well, to help put down all of the available power to the ground.

Are you looking to drag race or do track days with your car?

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
Thatā€™s a very reasonable goal. I was hoping to tap 500 when I did those mods too, but fell short by 31 rwhp. Iā€™m still happy with the results though. Iā€™ve also focused on rear suspension upgrades as well, to help put down all of the available power to the ground.

Are you looking to drag race or do track days with your car?
Thatā€™s still really good. I was leaning to do lowering springs and getting a more hybrid sticky/road tire when I get my LTH and tune installed. Would 500 be too much of a goal without going e85? I donā€™t want to do anything to the fuel system as far as higher pressure fuel pump and injectors. I hear you can do e85 without those mods but a lot of people recommend to re vamp your fuel delivery system on e85.
Mainly a street car but wouldnā€™t mind seeing what itā€™d run in a quarter.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thatā€™s still really good. I was leaning to do lowering springs and getting a more hybrid sticky/road tire when I get my LTH and tune installed. Would 500 be too much of a goal without going e85? I donā€™t want to do anything to the fuel system as far as higher pressure fuel pump and injectors. I hear you can do e85 without those mods but a lot of people recommend to re vamp your fuel delivery system on e85.
Mainly a street car but wouldnā€™t mind seeing what itā€™d run in a quarter.
I think hitting 500 rwhp will be tough to accomplish without E85. I do have a J&M BAP in my car, for use with my nitrous system, but I donā€™t think itā€™s necessary to run one on your car with E85 NA. The J&M only activates at 75% throttle anyways, so itā€™s not on constantly like some of the other BAPs. I didnā€™t have to do anything else to my fuel system and the car makes 639 rwhp / 602 rwtq on a 150 shot with E85. My tuner (Brandon) at Lund Racing said the data logs look awesome. Add back the 11% for drivetrain loss and that puts me at 709 hp at the crank on nitrous.

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I think hitting 500 rwhp will be tough to accomplish without E85. I do have a J&M BAP in my car, for use with my nitrous system, but I donā€™t think itā€™s necessary to run one on your car with E85 NA. The J&M only activates at 75% throttle anyways, so itā€™s not on constantly like some of the other BAPs. I didnā€™t have to do anything else to my fuel system and the car makes 639 rwhp / 602 rwtq on a 150 shot with E85. My tuner (Brandon) at Lund Racing said the data logs look awesome. Add back the 11% for drivetrain loss and that puts me at 709 hp a the crank on nitrous.
Agreed 500whp without e is extremely lofty.

Sponsored

Cruzin50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Iā€™m ready to pull the trigger on this combo. Anyone else running this setup for bolt ons? Allegedly you can get up to 500 rwhp with this set up.
20210429_181730.jpg

Here goes my dyno sheet with pretty much the exact mods. I believe HP numbers are dependant on E85 concentration. I believe my gas station was still on the winter blend at the time as well. In total I spent $3800 on the headers, tune, intake, and installation. Top number is E85R tune, middle is flexfuel, and bottom is 93.

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
You can just tune these cars and go E85. No fuel mods are required. Number chasing really depends on the dyno and itā€™s calibration. These cars can produce some awesome numbers uncorrected in great DA. If you just want to be able to say you car produces 500 HP, dyno it in the fall DA then drive to the track and prove it.

The track doesnā€™t correct for DA.
Dyno in the fall? SAE #s from dyno session are adjusted for that day's air conditions. My Borla S-type only dynojet session in winter was 441 uncorrected with cool air even inside the shop. SAE ~432. I could have claimed 441 but in order to be comparable to anyone at whatever temperature (or elevation), SAE.

Heading to dyno next week FBO on pump E85 (testing at E72) Expecting ~490 SAE. The reverse of the winter time dyno should happen: Uncorrected may likely be 15hp lower in the July heat. But the SAE results give a good comparable standard.

Someone can fiddle with the 'weather station' and make the dyno put out bad SAE #s.. and someone can photoshop their results... If you can get your shop to give your run files on a dynojet, you can scrutinize your runs in dynojet software on your computer, as shown here:

dyno near baseline uncorrected.JPG

dyno near baseline SAE.JPG

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
My LTH shipped from Kooks yesterday! I should have them in 3 days. They are currently in NC. I paid $2056 for them on May 2nd and now they have inflated to $2,927! And now if you order they say itā€™ll take 12+ weeks!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My LTH shipped from Kooks yesterday! I should have them in 3 days. They are currently in NC. I paid $2056 for them on May 2nd and now they have inflated to $2,927! And now if you order they say itā€™ll take 12+ weeks!
What you paid is about right for a set of top tier LTHs, but thereā€™s no way Iā€™d pay $2927 for anyoneā€™s LTH, thatā€™s ridiculously high. Imagine someone paying thst amount and having to pay for labor too. Damn!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Jesus that is some expensive horsepower.
Yeah, itā€™s crazy! When I had my 2013 GT, I bought a full Bassani system (LTH, catted and cat delete pipes, x-pipe and cat back for $2300. When I bought headers for my 2019:Bullitt, I paid $1971 for them, plus another $200 for the Steeda x-pipe. I retained the factory active exhaust though.

You know, they make a song that explains just about every situation in life. I remember this song called Ray-Gun-Omicsā€¦38 years later itā€™s still very fitting. Weā€™re building a house in Florida right now and all we hear is, ā€œthe price of materials has tripledā€. Crank it up on the surround sound and listen to the lyrics.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
What you paid is about right for a set of top tier LTHs, but thereā€™s no way Iā€™d pay $2927 for anyoneā€™s LTH, thatā€™s ridiculously high. Imagine someone paying thst amount and having to pay for labor too. Damn!
Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s because metal prices are so high to produce them or what? Iā€™m just happy I bought them when I did.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Neh, Supply n' Demand. Your paying $2900 validates and encourages them to keep their price up because they know that people are willing to pay what they're asking, whereas I got my 2M Fabrication headers for just a hair over $500. Perhaps they're hurting because they closed their shop down for a few months due to Covid and trying to make their money back, or perhaps the raw material costs, or their production costs went up, they're the only ones who know, and they are under no obligation to explain it.

500rwhp is quite a lofty goal, btw, I only got 465 on my 18+ with e85 and longtubes, and I personally doubt that a CAI would add another 35 to put me over the hump. I am more than perfectly happy with my number though, as I need to stay within a certain power/weight ratio when I race, so I can't add any more power without adding weight back on -- ain't happening. Now, if you consider that a 18+ stock GT dynos about 410-420 (~460 crank), and a GT350 dynoes 465-475 (~525 crank), making up 80rwhp (~90 engine) from e85, longtubes, and CAI just doesn't add up. The e85 is probably 15-25, the Longtubes are probably 30-40, and the CAI is probably 10-15. The only way for it to work would be either tuned an inch of its life, or on one of the most generous dynos around on a perfect morning with cold, dense air. Even if the dyno says you have 500rwhp, it'll really need you to hit the track and get some slips, and then the times you put down be the judge of it, because that's what really matters, nobody really cares about a dyno queen.

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
Neh, Supply n' Demand. Your paying $2900 validates and encourages them to keep their price up because they know that people are willing to pay what they're asking, whereas I got my 2M Fabrication headers for just a hair over $500. Perhaps they're hurting because they closed their shop down for a few months due to Covid and trying to make their money back, or perhaps the raw material costs, or their production costs went up, they're the only ones who know, and they are under no obligation to explain it.

500rwhp is quite a lofty goal, btw, I only got 465 on my 18+ with e85 and longtubes, and I personally doubt that a CAI would add another 35 to put me over the hump. I am more than perfectly happy with my number though, as I need to stay within a certain power/weight ratio when I race, so I can't add any more power without adding weight back on -- ain't happening. Now, if you consider that a 18+ stock GT dynos about 410-420 (~460 crank), and a GT350 dynoes 465-475 (~525 crank), making up 80rwhp (~90 engine) from e85, longtubes, and CAI just doesn't add up. The e85 is probably 15-25, the Longtubes are probably 30-40, and the CAI is probably 10-15. The only way for it to work would be either tuned an inch of its life, or on one of the most generous dynos around on a perfect morning with cold, dense air. Even if the dyno says you have 500rwhp, it'll really need you to hit the track and get some slips, and then the times you put down be the judge of it, because that's what really matters, nobody really cares about a dyno queen.
Thanks for all the input as I can agree. Have you seen these guys yet. They claim to hit 509 rwhp N/A with this set up. Generous dyno to promote sales?

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the input as I can agree. Have you seen these guys yet. They claim to hit 509 rwhp N/A with this set up. Generous dyno to promote sales?
I'm not going to call them liars, but just hear this logic out.

My dyno sheets (actually anybody who races with NASA) are on a webpage that anybody can see, along with my weight, and mods. If contested by a competitor, and I make more power than I listed, I'm DQ'd, getting 0 points, much less than coming in dead last.

My 466/430 on e85 (~105-112 octane?)

They're showing their dyno sheets on a YouTube video that anybody can see, with mods that we can assume are on it as stated. If you don't hit the numbers advertised, oh well, could be your DA, elevation, temperature, humidity, dyno having a bad day, too much intake heat, shitty gas...

Their 474/430 on (super duper?) 93

Here's a dyno sheet to a mostly (fully?) stock GT350 that I trust the Nat'l Director not to cheat with -- -- 469/393, 468/389, 458/388.

So, silver lining and the good news is, if you're on the low side like me, you'll have 40-50rwtq on them with at least the same, and best case scenario, more power. If you have crappy 500 treadwear tires, don't know how to set your car and pressures up, can't drive/launch, or spin the living bejeezus out of your tires, end result is likely a big fat L. That's pretty much my .02 -- but if you invest some money and time into the driver mod, it won't even matter if the dyno read high or low, you'll be too busy handing L's out to everybody.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Pat
So I'm 482 on NASA dyno with hood down( i dynoed when i crashed at sonoma so the hood was bolted to hold the front fascia and couldn't open it haha)
E85 JLT catback

I tested JLT and looks like it adds up to 20whp.
Mounting headers soon. I hope to gain 10whp minimum.

Another note for some additinal food for thoughts
A 3" catback gives 12-14 whp. I tested it too on dyno.
Are u making to thill for rd5 supergtcup?
Sponsored