Sponsored

Long tubes, N gauge e85 tune and JLT intake?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm at 402 with the setup in my description. That was on 93 and with a file that ended up being corrupt per the tuner. Looking forward to putting on the dyno before and after the header install. I've been tempted to trade in for an 18+ but love the damn car and figure could just go FI with the money that I'd lose in a transaction.
I hear ya. I expect that you’ll pick up at least 50+ more rwhp with the headers and E85. It’ll bring a whole new smile to your face.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I’m ready to pull the trigger on this combo. Anyone else running this setup for bolt ons? Allegedly you can get up to 500 rwhp with this set up.
Hey, keep us posted. This might be the route I go this winter if I can get 500rwhp I might not go FI. I am not sold on CAI which suck up hot air from under the hood actually gains respectful HP gains. BUT; I see Good LTH and E85, Tune does. Good luck.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Hey, keep us posted. This might be the route I go this winter if I can get 500rwhp I might not go FI. I am not sold on CAI which suck up hot air from under the hood actually gains respectful HP gains. BUT; I see Good LTH and E85, Tune does. Good luck.
You can definitely keep oem intake to keep iats down and go north of 500whp. Drop in filter, long tubes with full 3" all the way back, e85, light weight wheels and light weight drive shaft should get there easily (and has).

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
You can definitely keep oem intake to keep iats down and go north of 500whp. Drop in filter, long tubes with full 3" all the way back, e85, light weight wheels and light weight drive shaft should get there easily (and has).
What LTH and full exhaust did you go with? I have the Active exhaust and want to keep it. I don't need extremely loud exhaust. Did you get both E85 and a 93 pump tunes so you can switch out if E85 isn't available. I might even conciser installing comp cams if they actually increase performance from idle to redline. Thanks

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
What LTH and full exhaust did you go with? I have the Active exhaust and want to keep it. I don't need extremely loud exhaust. Did you get both E85 and a 93 pump tunes so you can switch out if E85 isn't available. I might even conciser installing comp cams if they actually increase performance from idle to redline. Thanks
Originally went ARH with direct connect to Corsa Xtreme, that was too trumpety and ultimately cut the Corsa mufflers off and added AWE Touring rear. Being in Phx e is not abundant, and normally more flex fuel e54 with occasional real e. So typically run flex tune full time, e54 for dd, and the bit further away station that tests at about e90 for race and fun days (last dyno in the heat put down 516/454 on that high quality e). Then occasionally throw in 91 when in a bind. All same tune. Dedicated e and flex tunes will have almost the same peaks but dedicated e tunes will assume % and ramp up timing much faster. So flex could be an option for you, or you could go separate 93/e85 tunes.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Good idea to retain the factory active exhaust with LTHs if you want some versatility. That’s what I did and couldn’t be happier. I believe you have to get the 93 tune in order to get the Flex. It’s nice to have options. I just left Kansas City two weeks ago driving to Florida. I was on my Flex tune with a full tank of E85 starting out and when it was time for the first fill up, I had to get off the beaten path just to find some more E85. I decided right then that I wasn’t going to be searching for it and switched to 93 for the rest of the trip. I just put E85 back in the tank yesterday. A couple more fill ups with it and I’ll be completely back on it.

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
Ordered headers on 4/21 and anticipated date is 7/15. The wait...

Nice numbers on 18+ cars.
Yes sir, I’m like a little kid on Christmas trying to wait patiently.

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
I kept my factory active exhaust with running active Borla s types axel back. Paired it with a Ford performance x pipe. These headers should put it on another level. But tone it down if needed with still being “active”.

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
so currently im running flex tune and an injine cai and h pipe on a 20 pp1 manual with the 3.73 gears. if I were to go with 4.09 gearing what does that do for me? does it make each gear shorter? I find right now that 1st is very short as it is now. will the car be quicker to 60 or quicker to 100?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes sir, I’m like a little kid on Christmas trying to wait patiently.
Will you be installing them yourself or having someone do the install? If you haven’t already, I recommend buying a new set of OEM gaskets. The job is difficult enough to do on jack stands and the last thing you’ll want to do is start over again because of an exhaust leak. Many people have successfully reused the OEM gaskets, but I say; why chance it?

Sponsored

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
Screw that get a Supercharger! You’d rather have boost just use that 2k + your about to spend and get a Paxton from beefcake racing.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have this setup and was just thinking about this today. If I had to do it all over again I would order the closed box setup. My intake temps were like 120 today lol. I really should have had my mechanic heat wrap those headers as well.

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
Will you be installing them yourself or having someone do the install? If you haven’t already, I recommend buying a new set of OEM gaskets. The job is difficult enough to do on jack stands and the last thing you’ll want to do is start over again because of an exhaust leak. Many people have successfully reused the OEM gaskets, but I say; why chance it?
Me and my friend who has a shop, lift, and tons of experience. He’s a diesel mechanic and runs his shop as a business. My car only has 7k miles so I might retain the factory gaskets.