Sponsored

Long tubes, N gauge e85 tune and JLT intake?

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Jesus that is some expensive horsepower.
im glad it's not just me who is shocked by the price of parts. maybe im living in the past, when a sbf catback was like $400 lol. i paid a little over 3k for my entire 95 5.0 vortech kit. nearly $3k for headers has had me scratching my head. hell, i didnt want to pay $750 for a roush axle back, so i found one used with 1k miles local and picked it up, ha.

on a more related note though, ill be installing an LMS tune on mine for 93 and flex. dont have any set plans to have it dynoed but if i do, ill return here and post results. so far it's stock besides the Roush axle back. not sure that does much. someone mentioned a full catback does free up some power but i cant see just roush mufflers (essentially) freeing up more than 1-3 hp. but who knows. i did that mainly for the sound, not expecting to get any noticeable power gains.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
The fact that you can dyno the steeda closed air box and the jlt intake both with the hood open and the jlt makes more should tell you it is not a heat soak issue. There is more air sucking in from the "open air box" especially when the hood is open. This has been disproved many times. The Jlt intakes will not net you the 20 hp advertised when driving on the street.

The whole heat soak thing you came up with is irrelevant on N/A cars.. This isnt a tvs blower where you'll be down on power.

Please find me an article on N/A dyno heat soaking.. The whole cold air intake thing is a gimmick if you don't have a CJ or some max effort N/A build.

Since you have a ported hood lol, upgraded radiator and heat exchanger with the big fan blowing in front of the car. I think you can throw out the heat soak from kinetic energy. You are getting more than enough flow to prevent heat soak.

Both are aftermarket intakes, the steeda is a "closed air box" hence less dyno power.

If you dyno them both with a closed hood and you make nearly the same or less power with the jlt, then you know you wasted 350 on a product that was well marketed. This is not headers, which actually net 15-20 hp.. its an intake. Very different. You are going to flow an extra 20 hp of air from an aftermarket intake better than the ford engineered stock air box.
Preach it brother. Well stated.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I’ll honestly end up keep the stock CAI and just do a drop in filter
Not a bad way to go. Plenty of power still and manageable iats.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This may sound silly, but it’s not intended to be. Has anyone tried modifying a stock closed air box lid to add a shelf (with lots of holes drilled in it) affixed to the lid to hold a frozen gel pack to cool the air charge down even more than ambient temperature? I wonder how the results would fair on a Dyno or drag strip?

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Sounds really good! I never get tired of hearing that beautiful music.

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
Sounds really good! I never get tired of hearing that beautiful music.
Yes sir, running to summit racing in the morning to pick up the AFE Magnum FLOW Pro Dry S drop in filter!

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
So how long did you end up working on the install?
So my buddy actually did it for me for free and probably regrets it. (Has a shop and lift) He said it was a total pain. Two days and probably about 10 hours total

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So my buddy actually did it for me for free and probably regrets it. (Has a shop and lift) He said it was a total pain. Two days and probably about 10 hours total
It’s definitely not a two hour job, but it is definitely a worth while mod to do. I think a lift would have been much easier than working on jack stands. It’s all done now brother. Time to hit the street and put your foot on that loud pedal. If you haven’t already, give your buddy a nice ride to let him see the joy that he just brought into your life by handling the install for you.
Sponsored