Sponsored

Long tubes, N gauge e85 tune and JLT intake?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Hi. I do TT.
I need to dyno everytime i change something for the power.
I want to share 1 thought first.
Hood down or up. Yes when u go around , your hood is down.
However, you try to Simulate heat and energy necessary to go 150+mph(on the dyno) WITHOUT RECEIVING 150MPH +WIND -AIR FLOW. With what it means for cooling heat soaking issue and air density.
That is why many measure with hood up.

Anyway to make the people here happy, here u find numbers for my 2018 :)
I have now e85
Cai JLT
And catback

Hood down. 482whp

Same with
Tune 96oct +cai (mix 100 and 91). 464 hood up. 455 hood down

Tune 96 no CAI 443

Tune 91 438

Only catback 429

Stock 414

Always same dyno NASA certified (dynojet sae smoothing 5)
The gain with catback is real (billy johnson prodriver verified that too with his)as it os with CAI
Numbers can vary 5hp +-
Most of the time they are similar around the globe :)
A catback does work similar to headers. Especially now with limitations and EPA problems u wanna consider them. Hope this help
Alex
Sponsored

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
You can hit your numbers with stock cai and a drop in thus keeping your iats down as well. Paired with long tubes and e85 you are about there. Reduce some parasitic loss and you're good.

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I’m ready to pull the trigger on this combo. Anyone else running this setup for bolt ons? Allegedly you can get up to 500 rwhp with this set up.
running similar set up myself only exception was adding 4.09 gears to this combo and gotta say that may be my favorite mod ... note mine is manual

TX5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I’m at 472 RWHP with E85, GT350 IM, JLT CAI, and a catback (No mufflers or resonator.) Still running factory headers and cats. This is on a 2016 GT with an A6. Hood up and SAE CF. Car has been on two different dynos and put up similar numbers.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I’m at 472 RWHP with E85, GT350 IM, JLT CAI, and a catback (No mufflers or resonator.) Still running factory headers and cats. This is on a 2016 GT with an A6. Hood up and SAE CF. Car has been on two different dynos and put up similar numbers.
That's strong for a 16 especially on stock headers. E85 is the key to the equation though when NA. My last pull on my 18 was 516whp/454wtq but with stock intake because it gets so hot here iats get crazy with open cai.

Sponsored

TX5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
That's strong for a 16 especially on stock headers. E85 is the key to the equation though when NA. My last pull on my 18 was 516whp/454wtq but with stock intake because it gets so hot here iats get crazy with open cai.
Yeah it’s a different animal on E85. I modified my CAI to be enclosed so that way it helps keep the IAT’s down. Still rises at idle but not bear as fast. Also it cools back down really fast once moving. Not quite as hot here as where you are, but it’s still Texas so....lol

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
Hi. I do TT.
I need to dyno everytime i change something for the power.
I want to share 1 thought first.
Hood down or up. Yes when u go around , your hood is down.
However, you try to Simulate heat and energy necessary to go 150+mph(on the dyno) WITHOUT RECEIVING 150MPH +WIND -AIR FLOW. With what it means for cooling heat soaking issue and air density.
That is why many measure with hood up.

Anyway to make the people here happy, here u find numbers for my 2018 :)
I have now e85
Cai JLT
And catback

Hood down. 482whp

Same with
Tune 96oct +cai (mix 100 and 91). 464 hood up. 455 hood down

Tune 96 no CAI 443

Tune 91 438

Only catback 429

Stock 414

Always same dyno NASA certified (dynojet sae smoothing 5)
The gain with catback is real (billy johnson prodriver verified that too with his)as it os with CAI
Numbers can vary 5hp +-
Most of the time they are similar around the globe :)
A catback does work similar to headers. Especially now with limitations and EPA problems u wanna consider them. Hope this help
Alex
Thanks for all this! Great stuff.

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
You can hit your numbers with stock cai and a drop in thus keeping your iats down as well. Paired with long tubes and e85 you are about there. Reduce some parasitic loss and you're good.
Give me your set up. I’m so in between on my stock air box or to go with JLT

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
running similar set up myself only exception was adding 4.09 gears to this combo and gotta say that may be my favorite mod ... note mine is manual
Mine is manual as well. Can you list what brands you went with and if your happy. Big difference in noticeable hp gains?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Give me your set up. I’m so in between on my stock air box or to go with JLT
Sure full specs(obviously some are not dyno related but for laziness basically copied my sig lol):
2018 GT 401A PP1 10AT
P51 20x10, 20x11 Nitto 555G2 285/35, Nitto 555rii 315/35
ARH catted LTH
Corsa double x into AWE touring
AED flex tune
AFE drop in
JLT v3 satin oil separator
FP Street Lowering Springs
BMR CB005
DSS 1400 half shafts
QA1 CF DS
516whp/454wtq best dyno so far

Sponsored

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Mine is manual as well. Can you list what brands you went with and if your happy. Big difference in noticeable hp gains?
Brands are listed in my signaure , I only did the CAI because I found a good deal on a low miles used one . The e85 tune and 4.09 gears were the best mods for the butt dyno and I did these before the longtubes and CAI and I haven't dynoed it since installing those. honestly i think i did the longtubes just for numbers sake and the fact i can say i have them .... lol

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
Update:

I ordered kooks 1 7/8 green catted long tubes on may 2nd. They are severely back ordered but they drop ship from the factory July 12th! Getting closer.
Still deciding if I want to go corn fed or a 93 tune. Mainly due to the fact here in northeast Ohio, I only know a few places that sell E85.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Update:

I ordered kooks 1 7/8 green catted long tubes on may 2nd. They are severely back ordered but they drop ship from the factory July 12th! Getting closer.
Still deciding if I want to go corn fed or a 93 tune. Mainly due to the fact here in northeast Ohio, I only know a few places that sell E85.
Just get a Flex tune, that way whenever E85 is available, you can run it. I have 93, Flex and E85R tunes and I primarily run on the Flex tune.