Sponsored

Long tubes, N gauge e85 tune and JLT intake?

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
I’m ready to pull the trigger on this combo. Anyone else running this setup for bolt ons? Allegedly you can get up to 500 rwhp with this set up.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have a very similar setup (LTH, PMAS air intake kit and Lund E85R tune) and just made 469 rwhp / 439 rwtq with my Bullitt. Dyno run was made with hood down instead of up, as is normally done. I’m sure the numbers may have been slightly higher if the pull would have been made with the hood up.

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
I have a very similar setup (LTH, PMAS air intake kit and Lund E85R tune) and just made 469 rwhp / 439 rwtq with my Bullitt. Dyno run was made with hood down instead of up, as is normally done. I’m sure the numbers may have been slightly higher if the pull would have been made with the hood up.
How much did you spend on this set up?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
How much did you spend on this set up?
nGauge with Lund Racing 91-93 pump,gas, Flex and E85R tunes = $879
Ultimate Headers catted LTHs = $1971
PMAS air intake kit (no tune required version) = $408
Steeda x-pipe= $199
Labor = $0, as I installed everything myself

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
nGauge with Lund Racing 91-93 pump,gas, Flex and E85R tunes = $879
Ultimate Headers catted LTHs = $1971
PMAS air intake kit (no tune required version) = $408
Steeda x-pipe= $199
Labor = $0, as I installed everything myself
Gotcha, I’m running a Ford performance x pipe with active borla s type axle backs

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Gotcha, I’m running a Ford performance x pipe with active borla s type axle backs
Oh ok. All you need is the tune and CAI kit then. I think with your setup, you should still make very good power. The E85R tune is what will really wake the car up.

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
Oh ok. All you need is the tune and CAI kit then. I think with your setup, you should still make very good power. The E85R tune is what will really wake the car up.
Hmmm ya it’d save a lot of labor and money not buying long tubes. Do you think long tubes would make much of a hp increase? I’m torn lol.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hmmm ya it’d save a lot of labor and money not buying long tubes. Do you think long tubes would make much of a hp increase? I’m torn lol.
Yes, I do believe long tubes will make a noticeable difference, especially on E85. The sound is also amazing (IMO, much better sounding than just an x or h-pipe and an axle back). That is not to say that an x or h-pipe with an axle back cant sound good, because the right combination of the two can also sound great.

OP
OP
Cmitchen53

Cmitchen53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
19 GT C/S
Yes, I do believe long tubes will make a noticeable difference, especially on E85. The sound is also amazing (IMO, much better sounding than just an x or h-pipe and an axle back). That is not to say that an x or h-pipe with an axle back cant sound good, because the right combination of the two can also sound great.
Not to beat a dead horse with all the other forums on CAI after market systems compared to stock. Many claim stock is better and running cooler air intake temps. Im not in hot climates and not in heavy bumper to bumper. Run an open box after market CAI? Yay or nay?

Sponsored

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
An open box CAI is an engine bay hood ornament

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Not to beat a dead horse with all the other forums on CAI after market systems compared to stock. Many claim stock is better and running cooler air intake temps. Im not in hot climates and not in heavy bumper to bumper. Run an open box after market CAI? Yay or nay?
The PMAS is an open box CAI, just like the JLT CAI. I have heard many say these are the two top performing open box CAI kits on the market. There is also a new CAI that is open and moves the filter more toward the front of the fender well. I believe K4fxd will be testing this unit soon in real world conditions and promises to give us an unbiased opinion on its performance.

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I’m speaking strictly on the CAI, of course you’ll see HP gains with LTH and a tune
Sponsored