Sponsored

Long Term Reliability (125k + miles)

EcoBoostin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium MT
Here's the thing, the ecoboost still has to prove itself for that 125k miles. Do what I did, kept my old car(2002 Rsx now with 220k trouble free miles) for a commuter and get the EB for a weekend car. Yes the EB is an awesome car, has the EB proved itself to be built proof for 125k miles? No.
Sponsored

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
So I travel quite much and am hoping on upgrading to a EB in the next few months. Typically, I drive around 350 miles in a week, primarily on highways and country backroads. I'm lucky enough where I rarely sit in bumper to bumper traffic, but I will need this vehicle to last me a good 7 to 8 years and anywhere from 125k to 150k miles. It snows here in NJ a few times a year but it's always hit or miss. Is this the vehicle for me or should I look elsewhere?
I know the consensus on these forums is the ESP is a waste of money; however, in your case, if you get the EB, mine has 14225 miles on it, problem free, with 99% of my driving on the Interstate at 75 to 80 mph, as we live in a rural state, I would suggest you spend the money on the Ford ESP for the 7/100,000 bumper to bumper. I plan on keeping mine and picked one up from Troy Ford, on line, for $1425. Worry free driving for the time you own the car. I have the $100 deductible, light package, which replaces all lights under the warranty period and first day rental, which also provides a rental even if you take it in for an oil change.

I also drive it all year, including light snow. If you plan to drive the car in heavy snow or seriously icy conditions then a set of full winter tires is something else to think about. I didn't put them on this Mustang since we also have a new Jeep for the really nasty stuff. I hope this helps.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The 2.0 direct injection Ecoboost was first introduced in Europe in 2009, the 2.3 is a stroked version of that motor. So, overall it is a proven design.

I have been driving turbo charged 4 cyl cars continuously for over 30 years and have gotten over 150k miles easily on all of them (with the exception of 35k miles on my ST I traded because I had to have a turbo Mustang) with the most 240k on the one my son totaled. I have never had an internal engine or turbo failure and all the cars were tuned with CAI & exhausts.

No reason not to expect 200k on a well maintained and not abused Ecoboost Mustang.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
So I travel quite much and am hoping on upgrading to a EB in the next few months. Typically, I drive around 350 miles in a week, primarily on highways and country backroads. I'm lucky enough where I rarely sit in bumper to bumper traffic, but I will need this vehicle to last me a good 7 to 8 years and anywhere from 125k to 150k miles. It snows here in NJ a few times a year but it's always hit or miss. Is this the vehicle for me or should I look elsewhere?
Ford is building over a million Eco's a year so don't worry about the Ecoboost design not holding up over the years. The standard warranty for powertrain is 5y/60k and can be extended if desired for a price up to 150k I believe.

Sponsored

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Ford is building over a million Eco's a year so don't worry about the Ecoboost design not holding up over the years. The standard warranty for powertrain is 5y/60k and can be extended if desired for a price up to 150k I believe.
yet i have buyers regret because the vehicle has a lower build quality than vehicles im used to driving.

driveline slop, not very refined mechanically. just doesnt 'feel' like a great car - just a good car.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
yet i have buyers regret because the vehicle has a lower build quality than vehicles im used to driving.

driveline slop, not very refined mechanically. just doesnt 'feel' like a great car - just a good car.
So why don't you trade it in for the type of car you are used to driving instead of trolling the forums looking for an opportunity to whine about it.

I have no mechanic issues and my car performs perfectly. I was very skeptical about buying a Mustang due to concerns over build quality but so far I have been satisfied with my car. I had some body alignment issues but that has no impact on reliability and was corrected in 45 minutes by a dealer.

The Mustang, IMO, is an excellent car for the price. If you want build quality go buy a Base 911 for 90k or Base Boxster/Cayman for 50k plus. A loaded Audi A5 is 50k for a lousy 2.0t with 220 hp. How about a loaded BMW 428 for 55k?

Last edited:

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
Buy a low miles certified pre owned like I did and get the 7 yr 100,000 powertrain warranty. No worries !
i got a 5yr, 50k on top of current mileage bumper to bumper warranty o:

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
I have the 100k extended warranty on my 2018....is there a way to up it to 150k? Without canceling the current one and adding a 15k?

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
The only issue I’ve had with mine, and I just got 12k miles, is the evap code for the air conditioner. Other than that, no issues fun car. ill Probably keep it until the basic 5/60k warranty runs out.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Actually this is why I purchased the eco-boost.
24k first year and will do the same each year until I buy another car
Don't know why anyone feels like the eco-boost is a low mileage car.

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
I have 70k on my 2015. I've had to change a few sensors and deal with the evap defect but she still runs like a champ.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
If you look for the highest mileage thread (not Ecoboost-specific), one guy bought an engineering mule/press test drive car used. It was an ecoboost. He has 112k miles on it (at last count). No issues :thumbsup:

Also, the fact that our engine is the old MazdaSpeed 3 engine...that should guarantee long life and durability (well, Ecobooms be damned...:curse: )

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
Wasn’t the last gen mazdaspeed 3’s a 2.5 liter? I know the base models came in a 2.0 skyactive whatever and the “sporty” model had a 2.5.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT