Sponsored

Ecoboost...tuned power numbers and long term needs/problems?

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
If you have good credit you may qualify for their 0% on a new car purchase. But you need good crdit. I qualified 0% on my 2016 eb. Cost of the car is the cost of the car. Also got triple care package. 26k out the door after taxes, title etc. On a may 2016 build. That may be an option for you. Throw in a Ford performance tune / can and a stage 1 fmic for another 1300 and you'll be running next to stock gts. Then you can step up to something hotter. V8s the way to go if you want to build a drag car no question. Far more potential. But a daily driver, track , autocross car the eb gives you better bang for buck. Just depends on your goals and budget.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
If you have good credit you may qualify for their 0% on a new car purchase. But you need good crdit. I qualified 0% on my 2016 eb. Cost of the car is the cost of the car. Also got triple care package. 26k out the door after taxes, title etc. On a may 2016 build. That may be an option for you. Throw in a Ford performance tune / can and a stage 1 fmic for another 1300 and you'll be running next to stock gts. Then you can step up to something hotter. V8s the way to go if you want to build a drag car no question. Far more potential. But a daily driver, track , autocross car the eb gives you better bang for buck. Just depends on your goals and budget.
This is the same thing I got, 0% interest and I chose a higher payment for 48 months and I pay a little extra, hoping to have it done in 3 years. Where I live I couldn't find even a used 20-30k mile 2015 GT for under 36k and I got my EB out the door for 26k. I haven't driven an S550 with the 5.0 but I owned a 2011 GT with the engine for a while and it was OK, not something that really impressed me compared to the low end grunt of my 2003 Cobra or LS powered firebirds.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
V8s the way to go if you want to build a drag car no question. Far more potential.
I don't know if I fully agree with that. There's plenty of EB's in the 10's and 11's.

If you're talking faster times, 7's, 8's, you're talking about cars that are so far from stock they're basically just wearing a Mustang shell at the point.

Forced induction is the great equalizer.

Reese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecobeast!
I was also on the fence between the Eco and V8. I went for the Eco and honestly I'm satisfied with my choice. True it doesn't have the growl of the V8 but with minimal upgrades I was able to get what I wanted and driving on the Autobahns in Germany with the US version is a BLAST!!! Great handling and I can maintain good speed on the twisty roads! Whatever you choose, enjoy!!!!!
Sponsored