Sponsored

Loki vs Odin

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Do you still have the stock half shafts in the car? If so, do they seem to be holding up to the extra power?..I purchased a Loki kit with the upgraded triple pass H.e it’s being shipped as we speak!! 😜 😀👍💪
The OP makes more power than me but I wanted to chime in about my half shafts.
I have a 17 GT with the VMP Gen2r. I kept mine a bit more conservative at 9psi. 611 RWHP / 480 ft lbs.
I don’t launch at the track but I have several times on the street with street tires. I have definitely beat on the car. 9500 miles boosted and so far the stock half shafts and clutch are doing great. 24,500 total miles on the car.
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
The OP makes more power than me but I wanted to chime in about my half shafts.
I have a 17 GT with the VMP Gen2r. I kept mine a bit more conservative at 9psi. 611 RWHP / 480 ft lbs.
I don’t launch at the track but I have several times on the street with street tires. I have definitely beat on the car. 9500 miles boosted and so far the stock half shafts and clutch are doing great. 24,500 total miles on the car.
You will be hard pressed to break oem shafts with street tires, not enough traction to hurt them.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Do you still have the stock half shafts in the car? If so, do they seem to be holding up to the extra power?..I purchased a Loki kit with the upgraded triple pass H.e it’s being shipped as we speak!! 😜 😀👍💪
Yes, still have stock half shafts. Pre-Loki the suspension mods were only 1"drop, Steeda IRS subframe braces and the vertical links. Helped but, not great. Rear end would still feel a bit squirrelly but, manageable. A couple months ago I added the rest of the stop the hop parts (rear LCA bearings, IRS bushing supports and IRS alignment kit).

FWIW the rear LCA bearings are the best! The LCA bearings do make the ride "harsh" the first week or two until you get accustomed to the connected feel. I have magnaride and occasionally over bridges I'll need to put into Normal mode to keep ride smooth. But, the LCAs keep the rear planted and definitely handles the power better.

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 velocity blue gt pp1 10r80
Yes, still have stock half shafts. Pre-Loki the suspension mods were only 1"drop, Steeda IRS subframe braces and the vertical links. Helped but, not great. Rear end would still feel a bit squirrelly but, manageable. A couple months ago I added the rest of the stop the hop parts (rear LCA bearings, IRS bushing supports and IRS alignment kit).

FWIW the rear LCA bearings are the best! The LCA bearings do make the ride "harsh" the first week or two until you get accustomed to the connected feel. I have magnaride and occasionally over bridges I'll need to put into Normal mode to keep ride smooth. But, the LCAs keep the rear planted and definitely handles the power better.
Question. I’m finishing up my install right now. The reservoir is supposed to go on the driver side but there isn’t any room over there. How did you route the reservoir? If I put it on the passenger side there would be way more room. Plus it won’t interfere when I need to check the oil. The recommended location just isn’t gonna work? I’m also wanting the new reservoir or ice tank, but can’t buy one as the new ones aren’t released yet, and the ice tanks are all sold out??... 🤷‍♂️🤨😒

Sponsored

MGR1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
any one comment on the vmp included 91/93 tune? I've heard a few guys say it was terrible and vmp didn't seem to care to make it work right. any positive comments?
I have an Odin kit on my 2019 with a manual trans and am using the VMP tune. I have no driveability issues with their tune. I do have cold start issues and often will get the check engine light and startup misfire codes. VMP sent a tune revision that didn’t make much difference and they didn’t think that they could improve much beyond that revision.

Cobra046

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Question. I’m finishing up my install right now. The reservoir is supposed to go on the driver side but there isn’t any room over there. How did you route the reservoir? If I put it on the passenger side there would be way more room. Plus it won’t interfere when I need to check the oil. The recommended location just isn’t gonna work? I’m also wanting the new reservoir or ice tank, but can’t buy one as the new ones aren’t released yet, and the ice tanks are all sold out??... 🤷‍♂️🤨😒
I had trouble with the coolant tank with the Loki also.... I called and told VMP that there is no way that bracket is plug and play, they said they do it all the time. The only thing I could do was move it to the front of the car with a custom bracket I made at work.

3DBF8A62-4A23-473C-88DD-5A24AFFB37CC.jpeg
Sponsored