LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
4 or 6 grand off is not a useful metric.
Percentage from MSRP is.

Ourisman is approaching 10pct off MSRP across most of the Mustang fleet. True cost to dealer is 6 to 8 pct below invoice, or 10-13pct below MSRP. Or so I've been able to surmise

if you can breach below 15, it's probably being sold at a book loss and secondary kickbacks are being used to get back into the black.

For f150, the numbers are even lower.
Of course that would be calculated on each car. But they are offering about $4,000 on every GT.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gonna have to get me a GT500 in Chicago then - Rocky Mountain dealers are still greedy and selling over sticker. šŸ˜¢
Hereā€™s one that Hawk has listed. CFTP. They were running $20-$25k over sticker during the summer (didnā€™t advertise it online) but not sure what theyā€™re asking on this one. The St. Charles location is where I ordered my GT, if youā€™re interested I can send you the name of my sales guy there. Heā€™s a good dude.

https://www.hawkfordstcharles.com/i...J4N5502651/2022-Ford-Mustang-Saint-Charles-IL

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Great to see good deals on these Mustangs. I got my 22' GT at similar discounted pricing a few months ago.

It's hilarious how people ignore the last model year, when they are less expensive, all the bugs and flaws have been worked out, and in the case of the Mustang, also better looking compared to the newer incoming model.

People just want the newest model for flex. šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Very good point, and Microsoft recently announced 10,000 layoff, and Google parent Alphabet announced 12,000.

So, yeah, your points combined with what I said, are probably the driving forces here.

If I weren't wanting an S650, (though I'd wait until '25 or '26 because I NEVER buy first gen anything; car, phone, tablet... nothing first gen), or if there were new S550 with the spec I want anywhere within 200 miles, I might buy now.

But, I in general, I would prefer an S650 or an S550 GT Premium with 401A, PP1, Magnaride, and Active Exhaust... and neither of those are currently available... I'll watch the madness and keep my fingers crossed for good deals for those currently buying.
Wild card is what the fed will do next. As I a, sure high interest rates will also pull the rug from under a lot of buyers of an "extra fun car" purchase

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yes, they're discounting here.

I've heard some folks thinking the car market is going to collapse.

If ya'll are considering a purchase, waiting a month or three to see how things shake out might be prudent.
Same here. First used cars which will spread to new cars. Watch Carvana, they are close to bankrupcy

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Sucks for those Bronco guys...they paid WAY over MSRP for that thing.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Agree with your post.

What some don't understand is that any ADM above the Manufacturers Window Sticker is NOT the Manufacturer marking up that vehicle. It's the Dealership alone and any ADM penny above the MSRP on the window sticker only benefits the Dealership, not the Manufacturer.

Me personally - never have and never will pay any ADM, I don't care how rare or limited the vehicle may be - because I'll find that same sister vehicle elsewhere without an ADM.

So if there's a Dealership with a new car that has any ADM on it - walk - no one is forcing anyone's hand to pay more just because the Dealer slapped some happy horse shit $50k ADM next to the window sticker.

One more thing - since ADM was not an original line item on the original Manufacturer window sticker and is outside the MSRP, in some instances, if a Lemon or Buy Back claim is initiated, the Manufacturer has no obligation to refund ADM costs at all. Ford RAV will not entertain refunding ADM, the consumer has to take that up with the Dealership where the car was purchased to try to get them to cough the ADM back up.
ADMs can benefit the manufacturers. Especially when their financing arms were financing MSRP + the ADM. Manufacturers were saying bad, bad dealers we're going to reduce allocations if you continue to charge ADM. Meanwhile, Ford Motor credit was funding all of that inflated paper. Wink, wink, nod, nod.

This may come crashing down if the economy continues to head south and experience a lot of underwater repos.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Given that thereā€™s only ~ a couple grand between dealer invoice and MSRP on an average Mustang Iā€™d assume there must be some kicking back to the dealer from the factory.
There's a difference between "invoice" and what a dealer actually pays. So $4k off is a pretty good deal and yes, probably does include some "marketing incentives" from Ford to the dealer. With maybe more to come if sales continue to slide.

Sponsored

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Completely different time period. Although thats still a pretty good discount. Here in Los Angeles you were lucky to get a car for invoice back in 2018 before rebates. Hell my local dealer still has Mach 1s for $5k over MSRP.

I got my 2020 for $4k off due to Covid. I bought in April 28 2020 right when Covid started to rage.
My local dealer had the "dealer sticker" adding +$5000 "Market adjustment". This was April 2022 on a 2021 car. I said no need for a test drive until that goes away. Of course he had to check with his boss. Ended up buying at -5% below MSRP. Sales guy showed me a print out showing "invoice" and them only making +$100 bucks. Yeah before the extended warranty and service plan that added a cool +$3000 before I drove it off the lot.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
My local dealer had the "dealer sticker" adding +$5000 "Market adjustment". This was April 2022 on a 2021 car. I said no need for a test drive until that goes away. Of course he had to check with his boss. Ended up buying at -5% below MSRP. Sales guy showed me a print out showing "invoice" and them only making +$100 bucks. Yeah before the extended warranty and service plan that added a cool +$3000 before I drove it off the lot.
Did they ā€œrequireā€ the warranty and service contract for sale? I donā€™t think that is legal but I am probably wrong.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Right here:

95D767EC-8759-41C0-874B-0FFF5C410C28.jpeg

4CC5A19F-14D1-4C0D-B6A7-5666156F78EC.jpeg
Nice scan and print job! Get real!
Did they ā€œrequireā€ the warranty and service contract for sale? I donā€™t think that is legal but I am probably wrong.
No I chose them. The 200 sensors and dozens of chips/computers scared me into it. My neighbors Raptor blew the computer just out of warranty. Cost him major bucks.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Nice scan and print job! Get real!

No I chose them. The 200 sensors and dozens of chips/computers scared me into it. My neighbors Raptor blew the computer just out of warranty. Cost him major bucks.
I have no idea what you mean above, so any point you might have attempted is wasted.

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Ourisman has several Mach 1s for $4000 discount off MSRP.
Sponsored