Sponsored

When will dealers start discounting 2018's?

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
To good to be true. We all know dealers don't sell to break even or at a loss. Pile incentives most don't qualify for then upsell and screw them on the trade in value and high interest finacining and there you go.
Sponsored

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
To good to be true. We all know dealers don't sell to break even or at a loss. Pile incentives most don't qualify for then upsell and screw them on the trade in value and high interest finacining and there you go.
There's always a distribution with regards to what buyers pay. In my experience it's driven by the willingness to negotiate brutally and the dealer's present situation. Volume based sales incentives can be add a tremendous amount to their bottom line and selling a few cars at a numerical loss to secure a giant lump sum is a no brainer for them. A buyer just needs to be aggressive, wait for the right timing and shop every deal around at the expense of a relationship with one sales guy or franchise. Clearly the dealer will try to make up the difference elsewhere in the deal. So secure credit union financing in advance, research your trade and get a CarMax quote to bring with you and understand the exact tax value of the trade.

Ironically, I've found that there is usually one dealership that pushes harder than the rest and they'll respect you being a PITA which makes subsequent deals easier.

And, if you are in Georgia I'm happy to help. I negotiate most of my friends' deals. It's a hobby at this point.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
....and you'd be wasting time and money. I stopped in personally and their WOW prices include every available incentive which you probably don't qualify for, then they add in $699 dealer fees +. In the end their price on a special order wasn't much different than my local dealer (which was essentially invoice price). And I think a lot of people who are posting that they got $8K off the car ended up getting a poor trade, high-rate finanacing, or got talked into buying dealer add on like nitrogen fill, scotch guard, etc.
Then they must have suckered you because the WoW price i got only left out freight and dealership processing fee. The final price was 5500 lower than MSRP and keep in mind this is a base GT. You will see greater savings on higher GT trims.

N9TMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550, e36 m3 , s2000
I seen couple used ones autotrader etc
Prices going down pretty bad

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
I seen couple used ones autotrader etc
Prices going down pretty bad
Pricing vary's by region, but here in the Charlotte area.. the Sonic Automotive Stealerships are advertising 2018 base M6 GT's for $30,200 ...

I'm sure you can get em' less than 30 if you really want it ..

But like the others posted about dealers NOT losing money on a sale, they do charge a $689 non-negotiable admin fee ..

There's also some crazy savings on leftover 2017's if somebody wants one of those ...

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
I got my 18 GT Premium w/ 10-speed, black accent package for about $5.5K off MSRP. $1.5K incentive, $500 college incentive, $3.5K dealer discount.
Sponsored