LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Al Piemonte Ford still has a NEW 2020 Fusion, and a NEW 2017 Transit. LOL.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Al Piemonte Ford still has a NEW 2020 Fusion, and a NEW 2017 Transit. LOL.
How the hell are they still sitting on that Transit??? Those were a hot commodity in the height of Covid

WV millwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150 2017 Escape
Not really local to me but Ourisman of Manassas VA has many, website shows close to 100. All are discounted between $3k and $5k+ depending on the trim and year.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Just bought my 22 401A at more than 6K under msrp… Deals are out there.

MustangFL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue EcoBoost Premium PP
Probably the same reason my dealer practically paid me to take my '17.

They had like 18 billion Mustangs on the lot, and NO ONE was buying because Ford had announced the '18s would have more power, greater 0 - 60 times, 10 sp AT vs 6, on and on.

I think the same thing is happening now that the '24s are coming out; more power, greater 0 - 60, (theoretically), more tech, (which is a plus to many, myself incuded), on and on.

Many are probably waiting for the '24s as they did the '18s, so dealers are getting desperate to move current Mustangs off their lots, (not sure if this is still true, but it used to be that still having current/past model years on the lot impacted the new model year's allocation to that dealer).

Last edited:

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Yes, it definitely goes both ways though. I was excited to see what Ford was going to bring to market for what may very well be the last ICE Generation. I was underwhelmed at the exterior changes and did not like the iPad-iPads at all, I always like the symmetry of the S550 dash. So for me that’s why I purchased a 2022.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
4 or 6 grand off is not a useful metric.
Percentage from MSRP is.

Ourisman is approaching 10pct off MSRP across most of the Mustang fleet. True cost to dealer is 6 to 8 pct below invoice, or 10-13pct below MSRP. Or so I've been able to surmise

if you can breach below 15, it's probably being sold at a book loss and secondary kickbacks are being used to get back into the black.

For f150, the numbers are even lower.

Last edited:

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
In my scenario I was at about 12% off MSRP, or close to 4k under Invoice. The deal was good with or without my trade. I did not want to mess with trying to sell so I traded. Ourisman made up a good portion back on selling my trade, it’s the business and I understood my options. They still have some great prices listed.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
Dealer near me is 5-7k off leftover '22's
'23's are at MSRP

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Probably the same reason my dealer practically paid me to take my '17.

They had like 18 billion Mustangs on the lot, and NO ONE was buying because Ford had announced the '18s would have more power, greater 0 - 60 times, 10 sp AT vs 6, on and on.

I think the same thing is happening now that the '24s are coming out; more power, greater 0 - 60, (theoretically), more tech, (which is a plus to many, myself incuded), on and on.

Many are probably waiting for the '24s as they did the '18s, so dealers are getting desperate to move current Mustangs off their lots, (not sure if this is still true, but it used to be that still having current/past model years on the lot impacted the new model year's allocation to that dealer).
Think they ran the greed train a little to long wanting the "market adjustments." Folks watched many big companies lay off tons of workers, and Amazon is letting 18000 go , So many that might have been a buyer ,are not now. They are in a hold pattern to see if their job makes it through the recession that non of the talking heads want to admit we are in.

Sponsored

MustangFL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue EcoBoost Premium PP
Think they ran the greed train a little to long wanting the "market adjustments." Folks watched many big companies lay off tons of workers, and Amazon is letting 18000 go , So many that might have been a buyer ,are not now. They are in a hold pattern to see if their job makes it through the recession that non of the talking heads want to admit we are in.
Very good point, and Microsoft recently announced 10,000 layoff, and Google parent Alphabet announced 12,000.

So, yeah, your points combined with what I said, are probably the driving forces here.

If I weren't wanting an S650, (though I'd wait until '25 or '26 because I NEVER buy first gen anything; car, phone, tablet... nothing first gen), or if there were new S550 with the spec I want anywhere within 200 miles, I might buy now.

But, I in general, I would prefer an S650 or an S550 GT Premium with 401A, PP1, Magnaride, and Active Exhaust... and neither of those are currently available... I'll watch the madness and keep my fingers crossed for good deals for those currently buying.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
https://www.apford.com/inventory/new-2017-ford-transit-na-rwd-mini-van-cargo-1ftyr1cm8hkb03633/

And a 2017 F150 RCSB: https://www.apford.com/inventory/new-2017-ford-f-150-4x2-1ftmf1c82hkd86170/

They also have a few 2021 Super Duties, and a 21 Expedition.

They have become pricks in recent years, so I no longer buy there.
That’s pretty incredible. They must be in the running for a$$holes of the year if they can’t move those. I have a few buddies that were looking for Transits and SD’s for months about a year ago. Never asked them where they went but if they went there and didn’t come away with one or the other or both, that says a lot about that dealer.

If you’re ever looking for something and want a really good experience, hit me up. I have a really good relationship with the GM at Gerald Ford (I don’t even deal with the sales people, directly with him only) and the guys at Hawk in St. Charles are good too. Happy to pass along their contact info.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Given that there’s only ~ a couple grand between dealer invoice and MSRP on an average Mustang I’d assume there must be some kicking back to the dealer from the factory.
Not sure where you've heard that, but there's several thousands of dollars between dealer invoice and MSRP on an average Mustang.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
.....I NEVER buy first gen.....car....
I agree with the sentiment, but Ford almost never changes anything from year to year to fix anything. The only change I've heard of was the shift forks in the MT82 after the 2018s.

All the other issues Ford just seems to let ride.
Sponsored