OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
I think the first method seems more convenient for me. Is it easy to switch out the abs module? By the looks of it, it appears that all I’d have to do is bolt it up to the body and connect the tube thingies
Yeah but you'll need to bleed your brakes after
Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
hey im a little confused on this part below. Is the example as built below going of the example VIN below? Or is that as built data below exactly what needs to be set on my s550 for example?

6. After the flashing procedure is done, now you need to use Forscan (You can still use the UCDS but I prefered the Forscan as I had the calibration done already) - Program the ABS as-built data as the below:

760 02-01: 2113 3111 00E0
760 02-02: 0200 79E6
760 03-01: 55C0

7. You need to program the ABS to recognize your VIN as explained in before:

The ABS module has the whole VIN stored in the blocks from 01-01 till 01-04 , so you'll need to use an ASCII to HEX converter http://www.asciitohex.com/ -
Let's take this VIN for instance: 1FA6P8CFXH5346081 (Don't forget that the last 2 bits of each block are checksum)

An alternative would be to load your stock ABS as built and write only the values of the block #1 (from 01-01 to 01-04) to the module

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
hey im a little confused on this part below. Is the example as built below going of the example VIN below? Or is that as built data below exactly what needs to be set on my s550 for example?

6. After the flashing procedure is done, now you need to use Forscan (You can still use the UCDS but I prefered the Forscan as I had the calibration done already) - Program the ABS as-built data as the below:

760 02-01: 2113 3111 00E0
760 02-02: 0200 79E6
760 03-01: 55C0

7. You need to program the ABS to recognize your VIN as explained in before:

The ABS module has the whole VIN stored in the blocks from 01-01 till 01-04 , so you'll need to use an ASCII to HEX converter http://www.asciitohex.com/ -
Let's take this VIN for instance: 1FA6P8CFXH5346081 (Don't forget that the last 2 bits of each block are checksum)

An alternative would be to load your stock ABS as built and write only the values of the block #1 (from 01-01 to 01-04) to the module

Flash the exact same as-built as step #6.
#7 is just an example

Wera750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
World's Fastest EcoBoost Mustang (940 WHP)
So the hard way is the way I'm going to go, but I'm confused at step 4 where you say "Get the IPC programmed to get the Line Lock option to show up (I can't remember the change I made tbh)". Could you elaborate on that a bit? What is IPC?

Also, it would seem you must order a used abs module from a GT, so it has the correct firmware installed?

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
So the hard way is the way I'm going to go, but I'm confused at step 4 where you say "Get the IPC programmed to get the Line Lock option to show up (I can't remember the change I made tbh)". Could you elaborate on that a bit? What is IPC?

Also, it would seem you must order a used abs module from a GT, so it has the correct firmware installed?
IPC is the cluster, by default it's programmed not to show the line loch option under TrackApps.

All the GT ABS modules have the LL enabled, so yes it will have the correct firmware

Sponsored

Wera750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See I thought the abs modules were all the same part number from Eco to GT?

Also, I don't have track apps in my options. Will this only work for PP?

Thank you for the reply.

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
See I thought the abs modules were all the same part number from Eco to GT?

Also, I don't have track apps in my options. Will this only work for PP?

Thank you for the reply.
All the part numbers are the same, but the modules have different firmware versions and this is what I done in the second way.

You should have the track apps...all the models have that menu

Wera750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the part numbers are the same, but the modules have different firmware versions and this is what I done in the second way.

You should have the track apps...all the models have that menu
Thanks. I'm trying to avoid buying that software. I'll just buy a used module.

Your correct on the track apps. Don't know what I was thinking.

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
IDS

Hello, I was planning on buying a Ford IDS (probably a good working knockoff or second hand) Will I be able to use the module flasher from IDS to perform the firmware update?

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Received my ucds usb dongle. Device and software is top notch quality stuff. Will be attempting the procedure this weekend

Sponsored
OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Hello, I was planning on buying a Ford IDS (probably a good working knockoff or second hand) Will I be able to use the module flasher from IDS to perform the firmware update?
IDS will only flash the firmware that's made for your car i.e. it'll detect your VIN and pull the firmware based on your VIN

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
Thanks for the info. If I buy the UCDS base and just the token lvl that is needed for this operation wouldn’t that be the cheapest way? €100+10+6%. Would be around the costs as replacing the abs module.

Sldp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hi How to Get a Programmed IPC to Show Line Lock Options?

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Thanks for the info. If I buy the UCDS base and just the token lvl that is needed for this operation wouldn’t that be the cheapest way? €100+10+6%. Would be around the costs as replacing the abs module.
I bought the full version just in case, so I wouldn't know about the other token levels

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Hi How to Get a Programmed IPC to Show Line Lock Options?
Using UCDS itself or Forscan, If u use UCDS then you'll find it in the direct configuration of IPC.
Sponsored